OT USA Mexico @Azteca Mexico City Tuesday 10:30 PM ESPN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT USA Mexico @Azteca Mexico City Tuesday 10:30 PM ESPN

Way too much soccer pride goin on here. Soccer is somewhat enjoyable when its the US playing, just like any national tournament, but imo the game is too flawed to be enjoyed. The diving is a real real problem - a joke really. Too many people packing in the defensive zone, the potentiality for a 0-0 tie, and the fact that 90% of shots are not even on goal (many sail 30-40 feet over it) are also huge hurdles for enjoyment of the game.

That being said, Clint Dempsey is a joy to watch. But I'm watching tonight more for the chance to see 100,000 mexicans get really pissed off at america.

Who the fluck are Man United?

Hard to remember the "park the bus" game when "the slip" is still burned into my memory.

View attachment 2778

Sing it with me now: Glory glory Man United. Glory glory Man United. Glory glory Man United, as the reds go marching ON ON ON!

Who the fluck are Man United?
They're the team people cheer for when they don't know anything about soccer but need a club to support. See also: Notre Dame football, New York Yankees.

Unfortunately, Mexico could be the US' biggest ally this hex. Can't let any other teams pick up points vs. el tri.

Sorry about all these soccer noob questions I'm just starting to really dig the game. So this "friendly" win at Azteca recently, how is it viewed? Was stadium full? Did Mexico play it's best players? Does it have any effect on tonight?

Alright now, alright. Club loyalties aside, it's just about game time. Edu is going to have to really help out that back four. There's nobody there who can contain Chichirito by himself. I hope we can somehow keep them off the scoreboard and sneak something in maybe off a set piece or counter attack. GO ORANGE USA!!!

They're the team people cheer for when they don't know anything about soccer but need a club to support. See also: Notre Dame football, New York Yankees.

Says the CHELSEA fan? Really? Where were you before Russian oil money? If you are a Yank and support Chelsea, you found the premier league last night. I found English football from old VHS tapes passed around my varsity team, I identified with what I saw as a 16 year old. And I'm a Yankee fan too, passed down from my dad and his dad. Thankfully he wasn't a mets fan. That said, I'm a Knicks and Rangers fan, so I do know a thing or two about suffering, 1994 aside.

Edit: Notre Dame sucks.

Wow, what a cheap yellow card early. Sets a poor tone in terms of what they will be calling, I have to assume. Weak call.

USA soccer is not watchable, we look like high school kids with no footwork and no one on one breaking down the opponent. Pass pass brick pass pass missed pass brick...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about all these soccer noob questions I'm just starting to really dig the game. So this "friendly" win at Azteca recently, how is it viewed? Was stadium full? Did Mexico play it's best players? Does it have any effect on tonight?

It's considered a "famous" win b/c it's the only win ever on Mexican soil. That said, it was essentially played against Mexico's Olympic team (i.e. mostly U-23 players). We also were missing many of our key players. It was a full house. If it has an effect on tonight, it's purely psychological.

Gentleman, I have to be up at five and won't be home until after ten tomorrow night. Long day ahead, need to crash and DVR the second half. If anyone can post a final so I can turn off my alarm and hit refresh to check the score with squinty eyes. Good to know a number of this community follow football in both forms. No matter the club we support we all bleed Orange. USA! USA!

A 3-on-6 counter? We are indeed playing for a point, not three. NOW I am going to bed.. I think.

nil nil tie. us had 10 in the box the whole game.

what an entertaining game soccer is. The best ever result for USA in mexico is nothing happened. great. They could have had a repeat of sportscenter on.

Stay Classy, Mexico

The typical no handshakes, no jersey exchange. Surrounding the refs post match and shoving them. That's El Tri we all know and love!