OT: What are you watching tonight? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

OT: What are you watching tonight?

What are you watching tonight?

• Golden State going for 73

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • Kobe's Final Game

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
Kobe takes 500 shots a day, minimum. Probably took 500 before the game even started. Neither team cared about it. Everyone wanted him to shoot. The D didnt exactly play hard nosed D.

Its cool that he got 60 - but on 50 shots is not efficient (steph was 46 on 24 shots. you give him 50 shots and he score 95 or 96 points).

Lets not go overboard with Kobe's miraculous finish. It was a glorified all star game with no other stars jacking up shots.

You didn't even watch, how would you know how hard the D was playing?

Exit: Black Mamba
Enter: Kid Mamba

I will also add that I love Better Call Saul.

For titillating tv watching that JarHeadJim would approve of, check out The Girlfriend Experience on Starz. It features Lisa Marie Presley's daughter, Riley Keough. :);):p:cool:

Jim Brown had 237 yards and 4 TDs in his final game. And yes, before someone points it out, I know he retired at the top of his game.
Yes, and I don't believe anyone, including Brown himself, thought it would be his last game at the time.

Last edited:
Are we sure he's done - I get he's done with the Lakers but can he come back next year and play for a contender at a steep discount? NOt sure his ego would allow it but if he wants to add to his total numbers and ring count...

Absolutely disagree. The Jazz had to win to make the playoffs. They are a young team that was looking for playoff expierience. Some of those shots he made at the end when they came back, the Jazz were all over him.

The Jazz were eliminated before the game started. And you could clearly tell the Jazz (one of the most physical defensive teams in the NBA) backed off when he was driving. The fact that he can't create separation anymore isn't the same thing as "the Jazz were all over him". They pretty clearly were fine with letting him shoot.

I'll be honest; I fell asleep just before the comeback (I think he had 45 or 47 points when I fell asleep), but up until that point, the game had basically been a joke. I understand it was cool to watch for Kobe fans (ex: friend of mine flew from Rochester to watch Kobe live in person for the first and only time last night and I'm sure he was going ballistic), but this was such a terrible basketball game, mostly because of the fact that he was forcing it in ridiculous amounts and the defense wasn't trying very hard.

At the end of the day, he's still an all-timer, but once I saw what the game was going to be like, I was really just watching for the laughs.

The Jazz were eliminated before the game started. And you could clearly tell the Jazz (one of the most physical defensive teams in the NBA) backed off when he was driving. The fact that he can't create separation anymore isn't the same thing as "the Jazz were all over him". They pretty clearly were fine with letting him shoot.

I'll be honest; I fell asleep just before the comeback (I think he had 45 or 47 points when I fell asleep), but up until that point, the game had basically been a joke. I understand it was cool to watch for Kobe fans (ex: friend of mine flew from Rochester to watch Kobe live in person for the first and only time last night and I'm sure he was going ballistic), but this was such a terrible basketball game, mostly because of the fact that he was forcing it in ridiculous amounts and the defense wasn't trying very hard.

At the end of the day, he's still an all-timer, but once I saw what the game was going to be like, I was really just watching for the laughs.

Yeah I realized the Jazz were eliminated after I typed that. I disagree the Jazz didn't play defense. They were definately trying at the end. I'm not even a Kobe fan.

You missed when it got real. The Jazz were not letting him go from 45 to 60.

Yeah I realized the Jazz were eliminated after I typed that. I disagree the Jazz didn't play defense. They were definately trying at the end. I'm not even a Kobe fan.
You missed when it got real. The Jazz were not letting him go from 45 to 60.

Yeah, I definitely believe that's possible. And even if not, to score 15 points in the last 3 minutes or whatever it was is pretty amazing even if the defense is poor. But yeah, up until that point, the defense from Utah was not even close to what I've come to expect from them this year (though that was probably largely due to not having Favors or Gobert out there either).

I watched Kobe and even though the defense wasn't really there for the most part it was still fun to watch. I also re-watched Mali going off against UVA last night on DVR 4 times. Basically every 2nd half commercial in the Kobe game I would flip that on and then rewind it and then exit to watch Kobe. So I'm not sure if they Kobe thing was fun or watching the UVA game was so great for those 3 minutes that it was bleeding over.

Are we sure he's done - I get he's done with the Lakers but can he come back next year and play for a contender at a steep discount? NOt sure his ego would allow it but if he wants to add to his total numbers and ring count...

No, Kobe is done. He's a Laker, probably the greatest Laker ever, and won't play for another NBA team. You won't see Kobe in a Wizards uniform.

No, Kobe is done. He's a Laker, probably the greatest Laker ever, and won't play for another NBA team. You won't see Kobe in a Wizards uniform.

I honestly can't believe anyone has Kobe as the #1 Laker. I have a difficult time ranking him higher than 4th.

I honestly can't believe anyone has Kobe as the #1 Laker. I have a difficult time ranking him higher than 4th.

It's arguable, of course, because there have been alot of great Lakers. To me, It's either him or Magic. Kobe spent his entire 20 year Hall of Fame career with the franchise that drafted him. I think you have to give that a fair amount of weight.

Melancer46 said:

Kobe is the only one of these greats that won a championship without the assistance of another great.

Magic had Kareem
Wilt had West (wilt only played 5 years there with one championship)

Kobe tied Magic with 5 but Kobe won two of those w/o Shaq so he should be rewarded for that.

Kobe is the only one of these greats that won a championship without the assistance of another great.

Magic had Kareem
Wilt had West (wilt only played 5 years there with one championship)

Kobe tied Magic with 5 but Kobe won two of those w/o Shaq so he should be rewarded for that.

Pau Gasol was a great player. Still is, actually. Future hall of famer.

2009/2010 Gasol was WAY better than 1987/1988 Kareem. 87/88 Worthy was about equal to Gasol though.

Lamar Odom was very good. History won't treat him kindly, but Andrew Bynum was very good too. Ron Artest. Those Laker teams were loaded too. Maybe they didn't have another LEGEND, but they had a lot of talent.

Every Laker team that won a title in any era was loaded. You don't win the NBA title without being loaded.

OrangeDW said:
Pau Gasol was a great player. Still is, actually. Future hall of famer. 2009/2010 Gasol was WAY better than 1987/1988 Kareem. 87/88 Worthy was about equal to Gasol though. Lamar Odom was very good. History won't treat him kindly, but Andrew Bynum was very good too. Ron Artest. Those Laker teams were loaded too. Maybe they didn't have another LEGEND, but they had a lot of talent. Every Laker team that won a title in any era was loaded. You don't win the NBA title without being loaded.

No disagreement there, especially with Gasol. All of their teams were completely loaded but 09 and 10 was not as loaded as the 70's or 80's teams. To be fair to those teams they were playing against other loaded teams that Kobe did not have to face.

Less teams in the league so it was not as watered down.

Kobe all the way. I'm so glad I did. I didn't even change the channel once. It was an epic performance.

You guys that are posting that the Jazz didn't play defense clearly didn't watch the game and just looked at Kobe's shooting %%. He was jacking up threes because he just doesn't have the first step to drive anymore, but he shot a high percentage inside the arc.

The Jazz were playing tough defense on him and even doubled him at times.

Pau Gasol was a great player. Still is, actually. Future hall of famer.

2009/2010 Gasol was WAY better than 1987/1988 Kareem. 87/88 Worthy was about equal to Gasol though.

Lamar Odom was very good. History won't treat him kindly, but Andrew Bynum was very good too. Ron Artest. Those Laker teams were loaded too. Maybe they didn't have another LEGEND, but they had a lot of talent.

Every Laker team that won a title in any era was loaded. You don't win the NBA title without being loaded.

I might even say Gasol was better than Worthy? Worthy made 2 third team all NBA's, in 90 and 91. From 09-11 Gasol made two third teams and a second team. Worthy was probably a perfect player to benefit from playing with the greatest PG of all time also. They are probably pretty close though. Agree those Laker teams were loaded.

For all time laker, Kobe has the advantage of 20 years with them. I guess I could see Kobe over Kareem because of the longevity thing, and Kareem didn't spend his whole career there. But I'd put Magic over him for sure and probably West also (especially if you consider what West did in his post playing career).

You guys that are posting that the Jazz didn't play defense clearly didn't watch the game and just looked at Kobe's shooting %%. He was jacking up threes because he just doesn't have the first step to drive anymore, but he shot a high percentage inside the arc.

The Jazz were playing tough defense on him and even doubled him at times.

I literally watched all but the last 3 minutes of the game. I don't know what happened in those last couple minutes, but I and many others that watched the game could clearly tell that the Jazz weren't putting up much of a fight when Kobe drove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom