OT: What are your five favorite American cities? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: What are your five favorite American cities?

1. Los Angeles/Santa Monica. Just moved to Los Feliz in August. Loving (LOVING) the weather, after 20+ years in NYC. The weather is a different kind of perfect every day.
2. NYC. I don't want to go back, but it was great for a while. Museums, galleries, shopping, clubs, restaurants, Central Park, Bryant Park...
3. San Diego. More beautiful than LA. My sister currently lives there, so I can just drive down to visit. But, downtown just 'isn't enough' after having lived in NYC.
4. Miami/South Beach? If not for the humidity and palmetto bugs, I probably would have moved there before LA.
5. Boston? Visited quite a few times, usually with relatives from New Hampshire. Couldn't live there, but it has Fenway...

If I could live anywhere, though... Rio de Janeiro.

In no particular order:
Boston
Toronto
Las Vegas
Pittsburgh
Savannah

If I could call the Monterey Peninsula a city it would also get my vote. Damn, I forgot Seattle! Need more than five.

New York- nuff said
Ocean City Maryland-Great family times
Lake Tahoe- Beauty
Boston-Culture history food
San Francisco culture, beauty, Fisherman's Wharf

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't been to many (yet at least):

Syracuse
Burlington
San Diego
Bolton, NY (not really a city, but it's right on Lake George, my favorite place in the world)
Conway, NH

These are my favorite places simply because I've been there so much. Syracuse, my hometown. I have relatives in Burlington (go up there skiing when I can), and in San Diego (flying out for a week this summer). Lake George is my mom's side of the family's vacation spot of many years. Conway, NH was my dad's side of the family's vacation spot up until the place we used to stay at got sold years ago. Great place. Many memories from my young childhood.

It's amazing how much different my answers would have been about 10 years ago (or probably even 5 years ago) but I'll go with...

1) Scottsdale, AZ
2) San Antonio, TX
3) Charleston, SC
4) Destin, FL
5) Las Vegas, NV (clinging to my youth)

great great city.. besides syracuse ive spent more time there than anywhere else..great downtown, plenty to do, killer food options and the cheapest MLB tickets to boot with nicest mlb stadium ive ever been to

My buddy from work was in Pittsburgh this weekend for a bachelor party. Sent me a pic from the stadium (they went to a game). Unreal view.

1.) Not a city, but Keuka Lake, NY is my favorite place on Earth. Just spent the weekend there this past weekend, and it's beautiful this time of year and throughout the summer. (Watkins Glen/Seneca Lake come in a close second because the drunken weekends at WGI when NASCAR comes to town are legendary)
2.) Syracuse, NY - Home of my alma mater, and nothing more really needs to be said
3.) Baltimore, MD - This is solely because of the Inner Harbor and my affinity for Camden Yards as a baseball junkie
4.) Boston, MA - Lifelong Red Sox fan and I'm Irish. Not much more needs to be added.
5.) Cape Cod, MA - Spent a week every summer camping at the State Park with my parents and grandparents and it will always be special to me.

Honorable mention is Denver, CO. Had a blast there and love the vibe of the city.

Ahh I grew up on Keuka Lake. What part of the lake were you on? Town?

Ahh I grew up on Keuka Lake. What part of the lake were you on? Town?
My buddy lives on the bluff on the side opposite Penn Yan (near The Esperanza and Keuka College), but we ventured into Penn Yan for breakfast. Spent all day out on the boat and had lunch/drinks at The Switz.

No order

Syracuse
Vegas
Chicago
NYC
San Francisco
Montreal
Boston
DC
Baltimore

Does it qualify as sneaky? I would expect Nashville to be pretty cool.

I was in Nashville for work a few weeks ago. It was surreal how many live bands were playing on a random Wednesday night.

In no particular order but they have to be places I would live if given the choice to move. And I won't include Burlington because I live here and think its the best, and I've been to all 50 states.

Portland, OR
Austin, TX
Boise, ID
New Orleans, LA
Washington, DC

Boston and Newport RI are both great towns as well. Lived in both and had a great time while there. I love NYC, but only for visiting, I don't think I could ever live there.

I really like St. Augustine, FL. I've had a lot of fun in that little town. Anchorage, AK is an incredible beer town, and you can fish until you fall down in the summer, so I like that.

I was in Nashville for work a few weeks ago. It was surreal how many live bands were playing on a random Wednesday night.

Austin is the same way. New Orleans as well.

I haven't really travelled to many major American cities. I've been to far more cool places in Europe than here in the states. That being said here is my list, in no particular order.

NYC
San Francisco/Bay Area
New Orleans
San Diego
Syracuse/Finger Lakes Area

As for European places I've been, here is that list.

Barcelona
Paris
London
Venice
Rome
Corfu

more of a big town than a small city, but everyone get ready to put Lahaina on your list

1- Boulder, CO

2- San Francisco, CA

3- Portland,OR

4- Syracuse,NY

5- Washington, DC - City I love closest to - other than the traffic I do love living in this area .. grows on me more every year ( 6 years and counting)

My buddy lives on the bluff on the side opposite Penn Yan (near The Esperanza and Keuka College), but we ventured into Penn Yan for breakfast. Spent all day out on the boat and had lunch/drinks at The Switz.

Ahh the Switz, a buddy of mine owns that place. Also owns The Keuka in Penn Yan. Where did you go for bfast? The Wagner?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom