OT-What to do Saturday? | Syracusefan.com

OT-What to do Saturday?

If you want to walk yourself into labor, the State Fair might be for you. If nothing else, go eat some fried stuff.

Oh yeah, I kind of forget that was still happening lol. Is DestinyUSA worth a visit?

My girlfriend and I went to the zoo last weekend. For 8 bucks each, it's a great deal and it's not terribly large so the walking shouldn't be an issue. And DestinyUSA on the weekend before kids go back to school will be an absolute nightmare.

Eh. I can't remember where you live in PA, but if you go to King of Prussia or the outlet mall in Hershey, there's no need to go. I'd look into the Finger Lakes.
Gotcha. Closer to Hershey than King of Prussia but I've seen both enough. Thanks!

My wife and I do fairly mundane things that we can't do where we live. We generally hit up the Wegman's in Dewitt and sit on a bench and stare at Skaneatles Lake. (How perverse is it that you live in Central PA and have greater access to Wegman's than i do living near Albany?)

Last edited:
Because of travel, we've never had a full free day in Syracuse when we've come up for games. This time, we've got all day Saturday. Any suggestions on things PAcuse and I should see/do? Note: I'm 8 months pregnant so I'd like to avoid bar touring. :)

You could drive out to the village of Skaneateles (it's right on Skaneateles Lake - one of the Finger Lakes). Home

You can catch a sightseeing cruise on the lake, grab a meal in town, shop (kind of expensive). If you're looking for casual dining/lunch options, try Doug's ("famous" for fish sandwich), BlueWater, or Sherwood Inn - a little more upscale. BlueWater is on the lake, Sherwood is directly across the street from the lake, great views. Both restaurants are on Genesee St - the main street through the village. If you are around for dinner, try Rosalie's. It will be very busy in town. There is a public parking lot off of State St, very short walk to Genesee St.

Here's a link to the cruises: Skaneateles Schedule

Because of travel, we've never had a full free day in Syracuse when we've come up for games. This time, we've got all day Saturday. Any suggestions on things PAcuse and I should see/do? Note: I'm 8 months pregnant so I'd like to avoid bar touring. :)

8 months pregnant and a day to kill in Syracuse. If given the choice, I think my wife would go with being waterboarded.

My wife and I do fairly mundane things that we can't do where we live. We generally hit up the Wegman's in Dewitt and sit on a bench and stare at Skaneatles Lake. (How perverse is it that you live in Central PA and have greater access to Wegman's than i do living near Albany?)
My closest Wegmans is about 40 min. away and that's still "too far" for me lol. To be fair, that stretch of 81 stinks. Took us 2.5 hours to get home from an appointment typically an hour away today.

8 months pregnant and a day to kill in Syracuse. If given the choice, I think my wife would go with being waterboarded.
Half the day may very well be take out and watching football in the hotel room. I'm hoping I feel up to doing something, though.

Talk about burying the lead! Congrats!

The year I met my wife we won the championship in basketball. I think a baby brings better luck ;).

Also, if we beat FSU or Clemson and the baby is born around that time, I mean - you kind of have to consider "Dino" (boy or girl ;))

If your 8 months pregnant is anything like my wife's 8 months pregnant, the answer is sleep.

My closest Wegmans is about 40 min. away and that's still "too far" for me lol. To be fair, that stretch of 81 stinks. Took us 2.5 hours to get home from an appointment typically an hour away today.
Is there any chance PA will ever finish road work on 81? That's my least favorite stretch of driving when I go back up for a visit. I've even taken 75 through Ohio a coiple times to avoid it.

One, the fact you are posting on a Syracuse Football chat room board about what to do when you are eight months pregnant before a game you are traveling to from out of town earns you mega points in anyone's book.

Second, travel to the great lawns throughout Syracuse to gaze upon all the leaves that will be raked during the game, serving as reasons why there was more silver in the stands than you expected.

I'm sorry...you're 8 months pregnant and going to football games with your husband? Is this real life? And you might get takeout and watch more football on Saturday?

I'm sorry...you're 8 months pregnant and going to football games with your husband? Is this real life? And you might get takeout and watch more football on Saturday?

She didn't mention she lets me have a room for all my old/current video game systems and games or that she watches Baseball and Soccer with me. (Not sure what happened to the first time I posted it lol).

She didn't mention she lets me have a room for all my old/current video game systems and games or that she watches Baseball and Soccer with me. (Not sure what happened to the first time I posted it lol).
I hate you :)

Talk about burying the lead! Congrats!

The year I met my wife we won the championship in basketball. I think a baby brings better luck ;).

Also, if we beat FSU or Clemson and the baby is born around that time, I mean - you kind of have to consider "Dino" (boy or girl ;))
Thank you! When we were making our names list (before we found out boy or girl) Ernie and Dino were my top picks. We're actually having a girl. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom