Other Conference Tourneys Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Other Conference Tourneys Thread

Football schools, I hear that means they both suck and real players don’t want to go there.
Yea there's been a bunch of chitting on bama on here about that...they seem to be turning into a basketball school as well. Money and a good coach goes a long ways.

Football schools, I hear that means they both suck and real players don’t want to go there.

Hey I admit I didn't think Oats wouldn't do well at Alabama and thought he should wait for a better job. You really get jazzed at pointing out when other people are wrong, while pretending you never are.

interesting no call on the over and back on the throw in to end the game.. just ignore it I guess?
You can inbound the ball into the backcourt. That wasn't a violation.

F2CE559F-9458-4A71-A438-3C9E1BB94646.jpeg
She’s beautiful

I don’t think these St Bonaventure and VCU teams much care for each other.
I was thinking the same thing. Definitely a few punks on the Bonnies team the way they were dancing in front of the VCU players as the time ticked away.

Well, other than Florida and Kentucky, what has that football conference done in hoop?
I think that's a fair point but I do think several of their programs are trending in the right direction. In fact I would say their league was better than the ACC this season.

You can inbound the ball into the backcourt. That wasn't a violation.
yes it was. you cant do it if you are standing the front court and then step into the back court. he touched the ball first.

Well, other than Florida and Kentucky, what has that football conference done in hoop?
Florida won back to back Championships since we last our last title.

It’s just ignorant to put schools in that classifications when they’re irrelevant.

yes it was. you cant do it if you are standing the front court and then step into the back court. he touched the ball first.
He touched the ball first in the backcourt. That is not a violation.

Florida won back to back Championships since we last our last title.

It’s just ignorant to put schools in that classifications when they’re irrelevant.
Did I say Florida and kentucky??? Yeah, I did. So there was zero reason for your post. Although I acknowledge that florida hasn't done much since. Since you brought us up, we have been a #1 seed twice and a final four team twice since they won their national titles.

I have three different bets on Alabama to win it all - two at +7500 and one at +10000. I don't think they'll win it all but if they can get to the Sweet 16 I can make good money by hedging.
I had them to win the SEC regular season at +2500, +2200, and +1200 in-season. Could not believe how easy they made it look. Made up for my negative college hoops season and then some.

If they get hot shooting in the second weekend I could see them getting to the Final Four. You got great value on those.

Did I say Florida and kentucky??? Yeah, I did. So there was zero reason for your post. Although I acknowledge that florida hasn't done much since. Since you brought us up, we have been a #1 seed twice and a final four team twice since they won their national titles.
Whoops, I must've spaced out.

All I'm saying is it's dumb to classify a school as a football school when there is literally nothing stopping their success in basketball.

Bama grabbed a great coach and in less than two years he is going to be a very high seed in the tournament.

I had them to win the SEC regular season at +2500, +2200, and +1200 in-season. Could not believe how easy they made it look. Made up for my negative college hoops season and then some.

If they get hot shooting in the second weekend I could see them getting to the Final Four. You got great value on those.
yeah those bets were made in early January. My others are LSU at 50 to 1, Baylor at 10 to 1, Ohio State at 22 to 1, Arkansas at 60 to 1 and Houston at 30 to 1. All of those were made early except for Arkansas and OSU which were both done in late February/early March.

Whoops, I must've spaced out.

All I'm saying is it's dumb to classify a school as a football school when there is literally nothing stopping their success in basketball.

Bama grabbed a great coach and in less than two years he is going to be a very high seed in the tournament.
In 1987, we beat Western Kentucky at the Dome in the second round of the NCAA. the next game, Florida was winning and the guy behind me was the most disgusting Florida fan alive. I turnd to him and said, you guys would drop your basketball program if you thought it would somehow help your football program. He looked at me and said, ya know, you're right. That is the problem with those football schools, they will always treat the hoop teams as second best. That is why I proposed the Clemson for Kentuckty trade between conferences. Both leagues and schools would do it.

In 1987, we beat Western Kentucky at the Dome in the second round of the NCAA. the next game, Florida was winning and the guy behind me was the most disgusting Florida fan alive. I turnd to him and said, you guys would drop your basketball program if you thought it would somehow help your football program. He looked at me and said, ya know, you're right. That is the problem with those football schools, they will always treat the hoop teams as second best. That is why I proposed the Clemson for Kentuckty trade between conferences. Both leagues and schools would do it.
I was at that SU/Fla game in the Meadowlands. That was a great game. Seikaly and Coleman eventually ate up Dwayne Schintzius (sp?).

Football is in general is more popular than basketball in America. If you had a vote, the NBA would probably be removed in favor of the NFL adding 4 more games.

I think our points are different, you get a good coach in and good things can happen, I know Hop fell off but he went into a football school and they had a great two years, it’s happened throughout football schools the past few years.

Sports are changing in general, and I think our advantage of being a basketball school has dried up the past few years, not the advantage it used to be.

Football is in general is more popular than basketball in America. If you had a vote, the NBA would probably be removed in favor of the NFL adding 4 more games.

I think our points are different, you get a good coach in and good things can happen, I know Hop fell off but he went into a football school and they had a great two years, it’s happened throughout football schools the past few years.

Sports are changing in general, and I think our advantage of being a basketball school has dried up the past few years, not the advantage it used to be.
I think there are a lot of reasons for that that we both know all too well. We have a coach that is elderly and is either incapable or doesn't want to hit the road and recruit. Plus, we haven't been all that good. Young kids don't relate to us the way they once did. Dior would really have helped that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom