Other European Leagues, Champions League & Europa League | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Other European Leagues, Champions League & Europa League

! Shakhtar !

Whoever gets them in the round of 16 should be worried. This was supposed to be a down year as well : )
Winning their group would ensure they avoid the Spanish powers and Bayern Munich. Beyond those 3'teams even Chelsea w/o Costa or PSG are beatable. Winning the group gets you in the winners seed pot.

Impressive two days for the Bundesliga. Bayern's extreme quality shouldn't overshadow the league's.

Roma 1-7 BAYERN
SCHALKE 04 4-3 Sporting Lisbon
Galatasaray 0-4 DORTMUND
LEVERKUSEN 2-0 Zenit

Sounded like Schalke got some home cooking with that late PK... In other news, Reus is back for Dortmund.

Winning their group would ensure they avoid the Spanish powers and Bayern Munich. Beyond those 3'teams even Chelsea w/o Costa or PSG are beatable. Winning the group gets you in the winners seed pot.
Still worried about Porto. Should be fun the rest of the way

Only spanish league game I watch, that league is just so uber boring.

I watched more Atletico games last year than either Barca or Real actually.

Madrid and Barca are both in great form though... oh and there's that former Liverpool guy that will be joining Messi and Neymar. This could be the start of the la liga version of the greatest show on turf.

Lucky, lucky Arsenal. Anderlacht had about 5 chances to kill the game with odd man breaks all over the place and they couldn't kill it off. Serves them right but I'd hate to be an Anderlacht fan. What a gut-wrenching defeat.

Only spanish league game I watch, that league is just so uber boring.

Well, "boring" might not be the right word - "training ground football" might be more accurate. Real Madrid and Barca score tons of goals, you have to give them that, but they almost always win.

Well, "boring" might not be the right word - "training ground football" might be more accurate. Real Madrid and Barca score tons of goals, you have to give them that, but they almost always win.

I wish Liverpool could play more training ground games... and be on the right side of them. Why can't we just play Tottenham every game?

I wish Liverpool could play more training ground games... and be on the right side of them. Why can't we just play Tottenham every game?
Thoughts on the Balotelli shirt swap at the end of the first half with Real Madrid yesterday? I thought it wasn't a big deal, but I guess Rodgers isn't happy.

Thoughts on the Balotelli shirt swap at the end of the first half with Real Madrid yesterday? I thought it wasn't a big deal, but I guess Rodgers isn't happy.

Not a huge deal to me but perhaps I just dont understand the signifigance being 99% sure all the players put on new shirts at half.

Now how he played is another story... pass the ****ing ball!

What's wrong with this is that the game isn't over yet. That's what Roy Keane was all upset at Mourinho about the other day - you don't shake hands before the game is over. It's disrespectful of your opponent because you are assuming you have won before the final whistle has blown. Same thing with swapping shirts - it doesn't demonstrate the right attitude. It's like you're so awestruck just to be there, when you still have a game to play. It would be like a player asking for LeBron James' jersey while the game was still going on - the player is more interested in a keepsake of the event than the event itself.

Sounded like Schalke got some home cooking with that late PK... In other news, Reus is back for Dortmund.

We are (justifiably) talking a lot about Real, Barca, and Bayern but I would NOT want to play Dortmund right now. They are at worst one of the five best teams in the world, and can conceivably win the whole thing.

We are (justifiably) talking a lot about Real, Barca, and Bayern but I would NOT want to play Dortmund right now. They are at worst one of the five best teams in the world, and can conceivably win the whole thing.
I just looked at the Bundesliga league table and Dortmund is only 1 point out of the relegation zone. WTH? Do they have injury issues? They will a dangerous CL squad now because their only chance to likely remain in the CL next year will be to win it all and they may just accept going to CL title and not their league games once they are safely in the middle of the table.

I just looked at the Bundesliga league table and Dortmund is only 1 point out of the relegation zone. WTH? Do they have injury issues? They will a dangerous CL squad now because their only chance to likely remain in the CL next year will be to win it all and they may just accept going to CL title and not their league games once they are safely in the middle of the table.

Is that true? That's what I get for opening my mouth about a team Ive only seen twice this season. Each time I saw them they looked freaking unbeatable, but obviously that has not been the case for most of the rest of the season.

They've got a ton of injury problems and their depth just isn't there. They've been able to rely on their youth academy to replace players they lose, but haven't been as successful this year. They've got a big decision to make regarding Reus and the flames were fanned when Gotze said in an interview that he and Reus often text and talk about how much they miss playing together. I struggle to feel bad for them though as I can't stand their clown of a manager.
image.jpg

Dortmund could pull a Chelsea 2012 and win the CL win not finishing in the top 4. That Chelsea win over Bayern knocked Tottenham out of the CL when they finally finished top 4.

Dortmund need to win a couple of league matches get in the middle of the table and then make the CL more important than league matches because they have the talent to atleast challenge for the CL title.

They've got a ton of injury problems and their depth just isn't there. They've been able to rely on their youth academy to replace players they lose, but haven't been as successful this year. They've got a big decision to make regarding Reus and the flames were fanned when Gotze said in an interview that he and Reus often text and talk about how much they miss playing together. I struggle to feel bad for them though as I can't stand their clown of a manager. View attachment 28940
That picture is funny and reminds me of this. Dortmund had a good win in Turkey yesterday,

Tons of injuries. Reus and Mkhitaryan just came back. Kagawa just came back and got injured again. Hummels is playing hurt as is Ilkay Gundogan, Bender missed time and then just dislocated his elbow yesterday and they are still missing Jakub Blaszczykowski (muscle problem), Nuri Sahin (knee). Oliver Kirch (thigh) just made his way back to the bench.

Side note, it's way too early to make too much of positions in the tables. Liverpool have played like e in all but 1 game and are tied for 4th on points. Dortmund, if they can get healthy, will jump in a hurry as well.

Tons of injuries. Reus and Mkhitaryan just came back. Kagawa just came back and got injured again. Hummels is playing hurt as is Ilkay Gundogan, Bender missed time and then just dislocated his elbow yesterday and they are still missing Jakub Blaszczykowski (muscle problem), Nuri Sahin (knee). Oliver Kirch (thigh) just made his way back to the bench.
Well-managed team. I always rated Klopp. They will get it together.

@archiert1: It keeps getting worse and worse for Borussia Dortmund - only lost 7 games in the Bundesliga last season - suffered 6th defeat in 9 today.

Lost at home to Hannover today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom