Other European Leagues, Champions League & Europa League | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Other European Leagues, Champions League & Europa League

beautiful, creative, set play by Leverkusen yesterday.

They've been very good in the league as well. It's a shame that Gladbach (where Fabian Johnson moved) aren't in the CL this year. Love seeing Bundesliga squads play well.

The Hazard penalty miss with five minutes to go at Maribor is a sneaky addition to the "Chelsea can't kill the game" meme that is about to go global. Not ideal.

The Hazard penalty miss with five minutes to go at Maribor is a sneaky addition to the "Chelsea can't kill the game" meme that is about to go global. Not ideal.

Even still, they are undefeated through their first 16 games of the season. In 3 of the 4 draws, it took lightning for them not to win. I will raise an eyebrow if they do not play well tomorrow morning.

You guys all see this one: faroe islands defeats greece 1-0. Wow... Greek football is in a terrible state. Another team who just playing awful (much to my delight) is Russia. They fall 1-0 to Austria. Ukraine knocks off Luxembourg 3-0, and England beats Slovenia 3-1

You guys all see this one: faroe islands defeats greece 1-0. Wow... Greek football is in a terrible state. Another team who just playing awful (much to my delight) is Russia. They fall 1-0 to Austria. Ukraine knocks off Luxembourg 3-0, and England beats Slovenia 3-1
Impressive for Austria considering they're without David Alaba who just had knee surgery.

Impressive for Austria considering they're without David Alaba who just had knee surgery.
Yeah. One would think Fabio Capello will be gone from Russia shortly. He hasn't been paid either, due to the sanctions on them and stuff. Austria proved they can play without Alaba, which is impressive.

Champions League tiebreakers are crazy.

Man City beat somehow stole 3 points from Bayern Munich.

Now Roma/CSKA/Man City are tied at 5 points.

However, the tiebreaker for the Champions League is points earned in matchups between the tied teams. So basically Man City's 3 points against the top team Bayern Munich are thrown out. CSKA-5, Roma-5, Man City-2.

Last matchups are City @ Roma, CSKA @ Bayern Munich. Basically goal differential where City sits -1, Roma/CSKA sit -5 doesn't matter. City have to score atleast 1 goal at Roma and draw and have Bayern win or Roma will get thru.

Good luck to Liverpool today.

Make or break time for the Reds. Need to win v Basel @ Anfield and we'll be through the group despite our poor form.

what a draw for the final 16. Really happy Arsenal snuck out with Monaco. Chelsea/PSG and City/Barca are awesome matchups out of the gate.
I can't believe how Arsenal lucked out. There are few teams remaining that they can beat, but they managed to draw one of them.

Bayern won't know what hit them !!!

Шахтар 2 - 1 BAYERN

Lehhs goooo Shakhtar !

I can't believe how Arsenal lucked out. There are few teams remaining that they can beat, but they managed to draw one of them.

Giroud is back and Bellerin looked really good. Debuchy is back as well. All we need is a good CDM in the transfer window and for Alexis' legs to hold out.

Bayern won't know what hit them !!!

Шахтар 2 - 1 BAYERN

Lehhs goooo Shakhtar !

would love to see shakthar make a run after not even being able to play in their home stadium due to the eastern Ukraine conflict.

My prediction for the Champions league is Chelsea v. Real Madrid.
They look like the two best teams.
Liverpool got a good win in the CApital One Cup today on the road. They got Chelsea in the semifinals. If the Blues keep doing well in the CL and EPL I doubt they will use their A squad in the COC matches against Liverpool and we may see a Liverpool-Tottenham final at Wembley.

I agree. Hazard is in exceptional form and despite costa not being so i am in the same camp for the final. Barca has issues scoring right now and wouldnt be shocked to see them plucked early.

Plus only matter of time till the jaws of suarez strike again

would love to see shakthar make a run after not even being able to play in their home stadium due to the eastern Ukraine conflict.
Bayern fans should get used to hearing LUIIIIIIZ ADRRRRIIIANNNNNOOOOO.

Our keeper is also very sturdy. We got this lol. Lviv my dads hometown will be rockin !

Great showing from the Reds to day in the Capital One Cup. Shame we didn't get the final score to match the domination on the pitch.

Great showing from the Reds to day in the Capital One Cup. Shame we didn't get the final score to match the domination on the pitch.

You're toast next week at the Bridge. Mourinho gets a little too conservative on the road against a quality team, but he got the minimum result he wanted.

You're toast next week at the Bridge. Mourinho gets a little too conservative on the road against a quality team, but he got the minimum result he wanted.

Could well be the case next week but there's a difference between being a bit conservative and not managing a shot on goal the entire game in open play. You don't roll Costa, Hazard, and Cesc out without at least some attacking intent in mind. Otherwise may as well save their legs when you can. Liverpool are starting to play with confidence again and I expected a good showing, and Chelsea to sit back some, but not to that extent for either.

Happy birthday to the little Dutchman who sent me into a jäger-fueled frenzy with his CL Final winner. Hoping for similar brilliance against Shakhtar.
image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom