Our DT recruit Steven Clark | Syracusefan.com

Our DT recruit Steven Clark

PhatOrange

Living Legend
it should be noted he just set an official visit to Florida. (no offer yet)

His parents are on the board so keep it respectful and dont go sour grapes. Nice to see our staff is on to quality football players that lots of big schools come in late on. He'll likely get the offer so this is a battle we need to win to get where we want.

Don't worry, he told JackBauer44 that the visit probably won't mean anything in the long run

until he's offered and they blow him away - and oh yea 8 hours closer to home. Its a 7 hour drive to Gainseville. SEC, Alabama, Florida.

I feel confident he'll stick with us, but for now it won't mean anything until it does.

I really like that Florida has taken an interest in him. Makes me think our coaches can spot talent before others. Even if they offer, I hope Mr Clark remembers who spotted him in the first place. He is a natural fit into our system and if he does well can easily make it to the NFL from here and at the same time revitalize SU. He would be long remembered for that as well.

I really like that Florida has taken an interest in him. Makes me think our coaches can spot talent before others. Even if they offer, I hope Mr Clark remembers who spotted him in the first place. He is a natural fit into our system and if he does well can easily make it to the NFL from here and at the same time revitalize SU. He would be long remembered for that as well.
All I needed to know about whether our coaches can actually spot talent can be summed up by Davante Davis.

That one still stings, and he hasn't even signed a LOI with Texas yet.

I don't get that impression at all. Steven's been nothing but respectful and classy since talked with him. He's serious about Syracuse. The fact that they want Steven as an offensive linemen also is big. Steven wants to play defense at the next level.

What is our system ?

storange said:
What is our system ?

It's a pretty well established defensive system, no? I mean if I were playing DT and wanted to eat QBs for lunch and dinner - I'd want to play for Shafer.

Some of you need to understand how important his relationship is with our coaches. It's solid.

Sometimes for these kids, the glam of going to a "big name" school (UF) is trumped by going to another school with sound academics and a family atmosphere. He has that right now at Syracuse.

Lastly, he has the chance to come in for very early playing time.

I love our odds of landing him on NSD.

Exactamundo. I want our guys to have Florida offers. Take that, Spurrier!

I'm confident he won't. His dad is on the board, and said on the recruiting forum that it's not going to happen.
That begs the question why go on the visit then? Why not just tell them no thanks , I'm solid to SU?
just a thought, I'm not trying to be difficult.

Exactamundo. I want our guys to have Florida offers. Take that, Zook.

Fixed.

images

It's a pretty well established defensive system, no? I mean if I were playing DT and wanted to eat QBs for lunch and dinner - I'd want to play for Shafer.

This. Defense is not our issue and with recruits like Mr Clark and some of the others on board it will only continue to strengthen. Specifically as a DL or LB I'd watch a few minutes of tape on the Cuse defensive scheme and be in love.