Our DT recruit Steven Clark | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Our DT recruit Steven Clark

Sounds to me like IthacaOrange owes an apology. I remember when he/she first posted this and thought it was really dumb.
Bcubs - weedsport is right , I owe you an apology. I am sorry for my harsh words but Ive just seen it happen too many times to SU and other schools like the south Alabama's of the world. Kids start to blow-up on the recruiting trail and they naturally progress up the ladder, sometimes 1 time, sometimes 2 which may have been the case with your obviously talented son. I didn't mean any disrespect toward Steven, and I apologize. I really meant that the schools get hosed out of their early commits as the kids begin to reach their natural landing spots (south Alabama lost out to SU, and SU almost potentially lost out to Florida), if that makes sense. I certainly misphrased it and didn't mean to say Steven was doing anything out of malice toward any school.

Anyway - sorry for long diatribe, and I Hope you accept my apology.

Bcubs - weedsport is right , I owe you an apology. I am sorry for my harsh words but Ive just seen it happen too many times to SU and other schools like the south Alabama's of the world. Kids start to blow-up on the recruiting trail and they naturally progress up the ladder, sometimes 1 time, sometimes 2 which may have been the case with your obviously talented son. I didn't mean any disrespect toward Steven, and I apologize. I really meant that the schools get hosed out of their early commits as the kids begin to reach their natural landing spots (south Alabama lost out to SU, and SU almost potentially lost out to Florida), if that makes sense. I certainly misphrased it and didn't mean to say Steven was doing anything out of malice toward any school.

Sing the alma mater three times and change your profile pic as your penance.

No worries. In all honesty, I was a bit sensitive. Also, I had the advantage of knowing that Syracuse is Steven's "dream" school and that any other school, especially those offering him as an OG or C, were DOA.

No worries. In all honesty, I was a bit sensitive. Also, I had the advantage of knowing that Syracuse is Steven's "dream" school and that any other school, especially those offering him as an OG or C, were DOA.

Would be awesome if we used him once in the "tank" goal line package. He's quick enough to get some steam going from the backfield.

Would be awesome if we used him once in the "tank" goal line package. He's quick enough to get some steam going from the backfield.

His 8th grade coach did exactly that in short yardage situations. Got some film of it floating around on youtube. I'll find the link and post for y'all.

Here's one: Another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6jwgBzvQLY

Here's an 8th grade clip; Brindlee was playing Madison Academy. Not sure of Kerryon Johnson was there at the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6jwgBzvQLY

Another 8th grade video. Probably my favorite from that year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2nCC4JgSb4

Second favorite 8th grade vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDVrUn6y16I

Last edited:
This thread is surprisingly quiet given the new news... Keeping my fingers crossed .

This thread is surprisingly quiet given the new news... Keeping my fingers crossed .

Comments and updates are appearing in the Steven Clark thread on the Recruiting forum.

And, before anyone asks...

Out upon the gridiron stand old Syracuse,
Warriors clad in orange and in blue,
Fighting for the fame of Alma Mater.
Soon those Crouse chimes will be ringing,
Soon you'll hear those fellows singing.
Onondaga's braves are out to win today,
The sons of Syracuse are ready for the fray,
The line holds like a wall and now the Orange has the ball,
So ready for that old long yell. Rah! Rah! Rah!

Chorus:
Down, Down the field goes old Syracuse,
Just see those backs hit the line and go thro';
Down, down the field they go marching,
Fighting for the Orange staunch and true.
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Vict'y's in sight for old Syr-a-cuse,
Each loyal son knows she ne'er more will lose,
For we'll fight, yes, we'll fight, and with all our might
For the glory of old Syracuse.