Our RPI skyrocketed to 37 ! | Syracusefan.com

Our RPI skyrocketed to 37 !

Someone once told me (and this was when there was 65 teams instead of 68) that top 40 gets you in, below 60 and you're out. Hope this still holds true.

Even ahead of Providence now, just behind Indiana and Pitt.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi

Funny to see the Bonnies still ahead of us---who would have thought at the time that it would turn out to be one of our biggest wins?

BC is a must-win, plain and simple. Their RPI is 192 and a loss would SUCK.

After we beat them, we can catch our breath. If we can beat 2 out of the last 5 against Louisville, Pitt, NC State, UNC, FSU, we are fine. Any more than that is gravy.

Even ahead of Providence now, just behind Indiana and Pitt.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi

Funny to see the Bonnies still ahead of us---who would have thought at the time that it would turn out to be one of our biggest wins?

Taking care of biz @BC is so crucial. Almost all of this is for not if we lose.

Hopefully the UNC BC game woke Cuse coaches and players up enough to realize its still not a gimme. I really hope no one did any bad karma posts/tweets/texts about that game when BC was up 10ish. Ive got a group text with 2 UNC fans that I started a text and decided against it knowing we were up next.

Not exactly. We're married with a 4 month old now. Easy on the nicknames too - I'm sure it was meant in good fun but please keep any insults directed at me, not my wife.

Bigger question...did you ever do the right thing and dump that Durham Dingbat who made you compromise your principles?

:eat popcorn:

Not exactly. We're married with a 4 month old now. Easy on the nicknames too - I'm sure it was meant in good fun but please keep any insults directed at me, not my wife.

so it the proper way to ask the question would have been "please tell me you didnt become the dingbat who married the durham dame"?

After we beat them, we can catch our breath. If we can beat 2 out of the last 5 against Louisville, Pitt, NC State, UNC, FSU, we are fine. Any more than that is gravy.

Yeah the BC game would be a killer. And road games always make me uneasy...

Congrats on your marriage and starting a family. You may have posted about it before but either I missed it or my forgetfulness erased that memory. You took a lot of crap over it and I'm glad you're still here. Best wishes!

Win or lose, they will drag down our RPI.

Does BC even try anymore in anything but hockey? :rolleyes:

Ha! No insult intended, all in good fun. I would call my wife the same if she actually went to a school of any sports worth (she's a Tulane and Indiana grad).

Congrats on the kiddo.

Ha! No insult intended, all in good fun. I would call my wife the same if she actually went to a school of any sports worth (she's a Tulane and Indiana grad).

Congrats on the kiddo.
fair enough.:) Yes, we are working on that whole sleeping thing. Does anyone have tips how to get them to sleep through the night?

fair enough.:) Yes, we are working on that whole sleeping thing. Does anyone have tips how to get them to sleep through the night?

At some point you simply have to ignore them. 4 months is plenty old enough to sleep through the night without feeding. I think our first didn't until she was about 5 months if I recall but after 3 months she was on a single midnight feeding. The second one we had on a single feeding around 2 months. Our 3rd child went to single feedings at night around 2 weeks in and after a 1.5 months we were both like it the kids got enough fat he can sleep through the night. First ones the hardest to listen to cry at night after a while you become desensitized and you can recognize the difference in tone when something is really wrong.

Congratulations by the way.

At some point you simply have to ignore them. 4 months is plenty old enough to sleep through the night without feeding. I think our first didn't until she was about 5 months if I recall but after 3 months she was on a single midnight feeding. The second one we had on a single feeding around 2 months. Our 3rd child went to single feedings at night around 2 weeks in and after a 1.5 months we were both like it the kids got enough fat he can sleep through the night. First ones the hardest to listen to cry at night after a while you become desensitized and you can recognize the difference in tone when something is really wrong.

Congratulations by the way.
All three of mine were distinctly different during that phase as were our responses. We were too responsive with our first but learned as we went, as Jordoo reflects as well. It gets better...

We have a 19 month old and will be going down the road to #2 in the near future. I'm convinced there's something biological that causes the mind of a parent to suppress just how ridiculously hard those first couple months are, otherwise nobody would ever have a second child.

Last edited:
Hockey and point-shaving are historically their two best sports.
image.jpg

We have a 19 month old and will be going down the road to #2 in the near future. I'm convinced there's something biological that causes the mind of a parent to suppress just how ridiculously hard those few couple months are, otherwise nobody would ever have a second child.
I think that's been well established

We have a 19 month old and will be going down the road to #2 in the near future. I'm convinced there's something biological that causes the mind of a parent to suppress just how ridiculously hard those few couple months are, otherwise nobody would ever have a second child.

No doubt. Our 2nd is now 18 months old. Unlike our first child who was a dream sleeper early on, the youngest didn't start sleeping through the night until she was close to a year old. I don't know how I was able to subsist on poor sleep for so long--it really wasn't until afterwards that I looked back and thought: "Damn, that really sucked."

Somehow, you just shift into robot mode, get used to being tired, and keep on rolling until things change for the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom