Outside drinks. | Syracusefan.com

Outside drinks.

Rage4CUSE

2018-19 Iggy Hoops NCAA Tourney Record
i was thinking of bringing a small pitcher of water to the game today. Will I be allowed in with it? I have no problem showing that it's water if need be.

have no problem showing that it's water if need be.

hqdefault.jpg

Rage4CUSE said:
i was thinking of bringing a small pitcher of water to the game today. Will I be allowed in with it? I have no problem showing that it's water if need be.
I know you can bring bottles of water into the Dome...

always carry an emergency dime in case I need to make a phone call.

That is a joke, I presume. The only pay phones in existence are in museums.

always carry an emergency dime in case I need to make a phone call.

That is a joke, I presume. The only pay phones in existence are in museums.
Aw hell, that would explain why I've been having trouble getting a dial tone.

Unlike Tomcat, I have not been able to bring water in the Dome. They have made me leave it outside. This may have been several years ago, and perhaps they have become more lenient but the trauma was deep for me and I don't trust it. However, I CAN bring a small empty plastic bottle which I can fill up from the fountain. Surreptitiously. With paranoia.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I sneak in multiple mini bottles of Jack Daniel's to a lot of games. They don't do pat-downs or anything, so you're pretty safe sticking anything in your pocket that won't set off the metal detectors.

Unlike Tomcat, I have not been able to bring water in the Dome. They have made me leave it outside. This may have been several years ago, and perhaps they have become more lenient but the trauma was deep for me and I don't trust it. However, I CAN bring a small empty plastic bottle which I can fill up from the fountain. Surreptitiously. With paranoia.
They didn't used to. I asked for a football game this past season and was told it was okay. A friend tried it at a basketball game a couple of weeks ago and it was again permitted.

So I think it is okay now.

You just know if you try it again, they'll get you!
Most ushers are good folks, but some have given new meaning to the term, anal.

1. What really is the risk of dehydration in a 2 to 3 hr period? And aren't there fountains there should you start to evidence symptoms.

2. Why can't Americans (or some Americans) just abide by the rules.

I spend a fair amount of time in Germany, where everyone follows all the rules. It's amazing how things work better when everyone does it. Traffic moves better. Every place is cleaner. Following a soccer game the stands don't look like a landfill.

They manufacture BMWs in the middle of a major city (Munich), Our approach is Detroit.

1. What really is the risk of dehydration in a 2 to 3 hr period? And aren't there fountains there should you start to evidence symptoms.

I spend a fair amount of time in Germany, where everyone follows all the rules. It's amazing how things work better when everyone does it. Traffic moves better. Every place is cleaner. Following a soccer game the stands don't look like a landfill.

They manufacture BMWs in the middle of a major city (Munich), Our approach is Detroit.

Rules were made to be broken.

Well the country was kind of founded on the breaking of Britain's stupid tea rule (a.k.a. tax), so we're really just doing what our founding fathers would do.

Rules were made to be broken.

And that, Cusefan0307, is part of the reason we got in the mess we are in.

I'm just saying. I've seen how it works when people actually follow the rules. Germans won't cross a street without a green light even though there is no traffic. To an American it seems silly ... but when that is carried through to everything else, it makes things work better.

Asking for a clarification of what the rules are is fine. But then arguing about enforvement (e.g. the guards are anal) isn't.

And it's about water. Water that no one actually needs.

I know I sound a little bit like Walter Sobchek on this.

Well the country was kind of founded on the breaking of Britain's stupid tea rule (a.k.a. tax), so we're really just doing what our founding fathers would do.

Let me get this straight.

You are comparing the reasons for the Revolutionary War with the "need" for a convenient, constant source of water at a 2 hr long basketball game?

Just checking.

And that, Cusefan0307, is part of the reason we got in the mess we are in.

I'm just saying. I've seen how it works when people actually follow the rules. Germans won't cross a street without a green light even though there is no traffic. To an American it seems silly ... but when that is carried through to everything else, it makes things work better.

Asking for a clarification of what the rules are is fine. But then arguing about enforvement (e.g. the guards are anal) isn't.

And it's about water. Water that no one actually needs.

I know I sound a little bit like Walter Sobchek on this.

I've spent a lot of time in Asia during my professional career.

Nobody follows the laws there. They just payoff the cops if they break em.

Don't even try to drive there, it's proceed at your own risk.

Let me get this straight.

You are comparing the reasons for the Revolutionary War with the "need" for a convenient, constant source of water at a 2 hr long basketball game?

Just checking.

Yes. Cuz I love 'Merica!

What are you, a terrorist?

Wasn't it a German tourist who almost got his whole group eaten by a lion in Australia because he wouldn't listen to the tour guide and shut the hell up?

I've spent a lot of time in Asia during my professional career.

Nobody follows the laws there. They just payoff the cops if they break em.

Don't even try to drive there, it's proceed at your own risk.

And how's that working out for them?

Maybe that is why the Germans can be led like sheep.

To paraphrase Coach Mac, gawd love this thread and all the wonderful posters on this board.

More important question: why are there chunks of ground bone in my Dome dog? Does Hoffman's really want to stake it's reputation on non food grade ground mystery meat for tens of thousands of attendees each year? How can they sell that crap to the public? Good grief, I nearly threw up on the family in front of me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom