Packers/Chargers | Syracusefan.com

Packers/Chargers

jekelish

Living Legend
Trueblue25 must be in heaven. The two RBs in this game making plays for either team, James Starks and Branden Oliver, are both Buffalo grads.

Really good game. Rivers went in to Lambeau and outperformed Rodgers...and still couldn't come out with a win.

Have a day, Philip Rivers...

CRo4guAUEAAWK15.jpg

Really good game. Rivers went in to Lambeau and outperformed Rodgers...and still couldn't come out with a win.

Gates dropped an early 4th down that would've given them 1st&goal too.
GB doesn't look right. The NFC is wide open.

Gates dropped an early 4th down that would've given them 1st&goal too.
GB doesn't look right. The NFC is wide open.
Which means that, somehow, some way, the freaking Seahawks are gonna rally, win the NFC West, and get to the Super Bowl yet again. Unfortunately. I don't mind the Seahawks; I just like variety.

Which means that, somehow, some way, the freaking Seahawks are gonna rally, win the NFC West, and get to the Super Bowl yet again. Unfortunately. I don't mind the Seahawks; I just like variety.

They can't hold leads anymore. Maybe their defense is off the juice.

I think they're about done. Gave them a pass for the Rams/Packers/Bengals losses. But now they're a bad call away from 0-2 in their last two "backs to the wall" home games. Not a good sign.

The Seahawks and the Saints have the same record, yet I keep hearing how my Saints are done and the Seahawks still have a chance. The loss of the DC to Atlanta I think was underated this offseason. Also their O-line is the worst in the league. I don't think Thursday at SF is a guarantee for them either. Road teams rarely win Thursday games, just ask Atlanta last week.

Eh, Chargers should have had that one.

Working with a bad offensive line to begin with, topped with everyone playing out of position (they suck in their natural positions...) has really derailed this season. The Chargers refuse to address the issues they have there though so it's on the GM.

Luckily our idiot GM gave Donald Brown a huge contract to be the 4th string running back the last couple years. He's quite literally the worst RB I have ever seen at this level (hey, he never fumbles though!) - and the fact that that contract prevents us from addressing other weaknesses compounds the bad signing.

Brandon Flowers has regressed as well, but would still be serviceable if we could get some pressure on the QB (he plays like Whigham a lot this year).

It's a shame because with an offensive line, Rivers would be able to put up some mind-blowing numbers. With the Broncos about to fall apart soon, we could have taken the AFC West too. Oh well. In the end Allen getting hurt, and that Gates drop killed us yesterday.

Love me some Oliver though - tough kid, and a good strong runner. He/Woodhead are an awesome back-up combo.

That's your weekly Chargers update! :)

I have 'em both in my fantasy league. Rivers threw for over 500 yards ... and yup, I started Rodgers :noidea:

Working with a bad offensive line to begin with, topped with everyone playing out of position (they suck in their natural positions...) has really derailed this season. The Chargers refuse to address the issues they have there though so it's on the GM.

Luckily our idiot GM gave Donald Brown a huge contract to be the 4th string running back the last couple years. He's quite literally the worst RB I have ever seen at this level (hey, he never fumbles though!) - and the fact that that contract prevents us from addressing other weaknesses compounds the bad signing.

Brandon Flowers has regressed as well, but would still be serviceable if we could get some pressure on the QB (he plays like Whigham a lot this year).

It's a shame because with an offensive line, Rivers would be able to put up some mind-blowing numbers. With the Broncos about to fall apart soon, we could have taken the AFC West too. Oh well. In the end Allen getting hurt, and that Gates drop killed us yesterday.

Love me some Oliver though - tough kid, and a good strong runner. He/Woodhead are an awesome back-up combo.

Okay, so when do I get Stevie Johnson back? And anyway, it's not looking like there's even a spot for him anymore.

I love it, let the hate flow...I'm actually enjoying everyone counting on our demise after the bye week. And can't wait to play cry me a rivers as usual.

That Donald Brown contract really was incredibly curious before the benefit of hindsight. Things like that really make me think I could be a GM.

That Donald Brown contract really was incredibly curious before the benefit of hindsight. Things like that really make me think I could be a GM.

Right? I'd still like to hear a good reason for it other than, "he doesn't fumble."

I will say I find it somewhat interesting watching Donald Brown when he's in the game. He quite literally has zero moves to elude a tackler. They always applaud his lack of fumbles, but from what I have seen on every single carry he runs into something (an offensive lineman, someone on the defense, an uncut blade of grass) and goes down immediately. How could he possibly fumble? He's never broken a tackle.

Maybe he was shiftier on the Colts, but I could take him down 100% of the time. With ease. He's horrendous at football. He would be 4th string on Syracuse right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom