Painting himself into a corner. Marrone interviewing for Jacksonville O.C. job | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Painting himself into a corner. Marrone interviewing for Jacksonville O.C. job

I am in 1 place...you have no idea why he left and neither do I. You have no idea what motivated him to leave and neither do I. The only things that are facts. Just the facts man, all I am interested in.

Other than he gets $4 mil this year for not working.

Anything else that you have that are facts? Everything else is just opinion and conjecture.
you said this: "He obviously feels he is talented enough to get another HC job but it's not critical b'c of the $4 Mil".

How would you know this? Or are these the "facts"?
Hehe

you said this: "He obviously feels he is talented enough to get another HC job but it's not critical b'c of the $4 Mil".

How would you know this? Or are these the "facts"?

You missed the part about opinion and conjecture, didn't you. I said "everything else" including that.

A reasonable assumption on my part, yes but not a fact.

You missed the part about opinion and conjecture, didn't you. I said "everything else" including that.

A reasonable assumption on my part, yes but not a fact.

Where did you mention that?

Also, could you walk me through the buyout scenario if the Bills had fired Marrone?

CuseOnly said:
How do you figure? So if he doesn't get a job next year...he loses the $4 mil...was that part of the contract that he had to give it back..

Where did I say that? Are you intentionally being dense? I know you're smarter than that.

Where did I say that? Are you intentionally being dense? I know you're smarter than that.

Your comment about pushing all that money back to his opponent in poker, do you not remember? Or are you intentionally "mis-remembering".

"They aren't winnings if he doesn't get a HC job starting next year. It's a loss. He will have shoved that $4m poker pot across the table to his opponent. The only way he ends up ahead is if he gets a HC job. Why is this math so difficult for some?"

Did you not say this?

Being dense is assuming that money is the person's only motivation. And judging his decision based solely on dollars.

CuseOnly said:
Your comment about pushing all that money back to his opponent in poker, do you not remember? Or are you intentionally "mis-remembering". "They aren't winnings if he doesn't get a HC job starting next year. It's a loss. He will have shoved that $4m poker pot across the table to his opponent. The only way he ends up ahead is if he gets a HC job. Why is this math so difficult for some?" Did you not say this?

Yea I did say that. But your claim is that I said he loses the $4m. I guess you aren't doing this on purpose. Tell me if you want me to outline it even more.

Yea I did say that. But your claim is that I said he loses the $4m. I guess you aren't doing this on purpose. Tell me if you want me to outline it even more.

Pushing $4 mil across to your opponent isn't losing the $4 million? Can't wait to hear the explanation on how this isn't losing the $4 mil.

Last time I pushed a few thousand dollars across a hold'em table, I am pretty sure I lost it.

I didn't get it back either.

I am dense enough to have a few thousand to lose and a dense enough to have earned it in the first place. Dense enough to be in the top 7-8% of all income earners in the US.

But go ahead.

I am dense enough to have a few thousand to lose and a dense enough to have earned it in the first place. Dense enough to be in the top 7-8% of all income earners in the US.

But go ahead.

Oh man, this is getting funny.

I will take you through it...

1st - He can opt out because they allowed it in his contract.
2 - He obviously feels he is talented enough to get another HC job but it's not critical b'c of the $4 Mil.
3 - He clearly no longer wanted the Bills job, for whatever reason - hence he left that job along with $4 million which is unusual but very smart to build into his contract for his agent

I never said it was risky keeping the job I said he left on his own terms with money instead of being FIRED with possibly a much smaller buyout.

Not sure it's that hard to understand.

For your reference, this is what I am referring to. Anxiously awaiting your response.

what about the "buyout" you were referring to in the event that the Bills fired Marrone?

There is usually a buyout on contracts in case there is a lack of performance, differing of philosophy, or some other such nonsense that would necessitate a termination.

Have you never heard of such a thing?

For your reference, this is what I am referring to. Anxiously awaiting your response.

You seem to be trying to goad me into a "contract buyout" fight. As that seems to be the only thing you are interested in.

Go ahead, let's hear what you have to say.

There is usually a buyout on contracts in case there is a lack of performance, differing of philosophy, or some other such nonsense that would necessitate a termination.

Have you never heard of such a thing?

What would Marrone's buyout have been? You stated upthread that by exercising his opt out clause, "he left on his own terms with money instead of being FIRED with possibly a much smaller buyout." He walked with $4M. Pray tell, what would the "much smaller" buyout have been?

You seem to be trying to goad me into a "contract buyout" fight. As that seems to be the only thing you are interested in.

Go ahead, let's hear what you have to say.

It's pretty simple - if fired, Marrone would have walked away with $8M, which was the salary due over the remaining 2 years of his contract.

For all your blabbering about facts, you have no idea what you're talking about.

What would Marrone's buyout have been? You stated upthread that by exercising his opt out clause, "he left on his own terms with money instead of being FIRED with possibly a much smaller buyout." He walked with $4M. Pray tell, what would the "much smaller" buyout have been?

I didn't read the contract, did you? WE, meaning you and me, have no idea the terms of Marrone's contract. I was supposing that if he had the opt out clause on his own terms/decision, that he may have also had a smaller buyout clause if he stayed. Hence the word "possibly" maybe you have heard the term before.

CuseOnly said:
There is usually a buyout on contracts in case there is a lack of performance, differing of philosophy, or some other such nonsense that would necessitate a termination. Have you never heard of such a thing?

Aren't buy outs usually on the teams side? In other words of a coach wants to leave before contract end, he can buy himself out of it.