Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good here. I think we are going to end up with this kid and we are going to end up with one more “high school” recruit.
But, JB said we are done recruiting!,!

Whose minutes is Braswell eating into next year Guerrier or Dolezaj?

Hughes' minutes. Braswell is the only one of them who can hit the 3.

We started slick Rick and Arinze together. Maybe we can do that with Sid and Tape.
Our rebounding would improve.

5: Sidibe (30 mpg) Tape (10 mpg)
4: Tape (25 mpg) Q (15 mpg)
3: Marek (32 mpg) Q (8 mpg)

our offense would lack spacing and I’d feel bad for Woody/Braswell but we’d be good on the boards and in the paint

I think Marek is going to prove to be a serviceable shooter. The dude is a basketball chameleon. He understands what the team needs and then he fills the need. Guerrier, hopefully, can become at least a threat from deep. When Richmond comes in to the game, presumably for Buddy or Joe, we may have some shooting issues. But maybe the defense can offset the loss of a shooter. Either way, it will be fun watching this team evolve. And, we may not be done adding players.

Remember last year Marek actually hit quite a few threes and was a threat out there. This past year he adapted his game based on the team and did most of his damage inside but he is a serviceable outside shooter and has proven it.

I think Marek is going to prove to be a serviceable shooter. The dude is a basketball chameleon. He understands what the team needs and then he fills the need. Guerrier, hopefully, can become at least a threat from deep. When Richmond comes in to the game, presumably for Buddy or Joe, we may have some shooting issues. But maybe the defense can offset the loss of a shooter. Either way, it will be fun watching this team evolve. And, we may not be done adding players.

If Richmond can get to the rim against college players, his lack of shooting compared to Buddy and Joe won't be as big an issue. If Carey could have gotten to the rim, he would have played, despite his other shortcomings as facilitator. You need that to have a well rounded offense.

Yes. From my understanding staff wants to keep this one quiet so can’t say too much. I don’t think the kid will ever be a star here but I think he will always be a serviceable, smart, back up guard.

I have an idea as to who it could be, especially because you put “high school” in quotes.

are there many quality 2020 high school recruits still out there
Edwards was a late get. I’d be ok eith a high potential 4th guard who doesn’t get a lot of run but could contribute down the road

I have an idea as to who it could be, especially because you put “high school” in quotes.
I don’t think it’s really common knowledge yet and I haven’t seen it reported anywhere yet but maybe you do. I’m just pretty certain the staff wants to keep this low key for right now.
I will feel a lot better about next season if we get this kid and Tape.

I don’t think it’s really common knowledge yet and I haven’t seen it reported anywhere yet but maybe you do. I’m just pretty certain the staff wants to keep this low key for right now.
I will feel a lot better about next season if we get this kid and Tape.

My idea is really just an educated guess ha.

As previously said, Marek and Quincy are both foul prone. If he is healthy and earns it, Bobby B will get minutes since the three of our forwards are interchangeable.
Yeah but we can only score the ball by having shooters on the floor.
There is no other way. I mean shooting is all that matters today. Nothing else matters.

I just heard it, too. But, I heard it from you guys.
Yeah, and the guys here "heard" from one poster (Dcuse) in response to Briancuse. I think that poster was kidding, but that's just a wild guess on my part.

Dcuse care to comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors