Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but we can only score the ball by having shooters on the floor.
There is no other way. I mean shooting is all that matters today. Nothing else matters.

Exactly, which is why Braswell is important as a deep threat.

Tape means no Marek at the 5.
Which would allow him to play a little smarter.

We still would have a major hole at the 3 if Hughes left.

Girard-35
Buddy-40
???
Marek- 35
Tape/Sidibe-40

Richmond-5
Newton-???
Braswell-???
Edwards-foul trouble only or RS
Ajok-???
QG?

I think Guerrier at the 4, Dolezaj at the 3--because of Quincy's limitations, and Marek's adaptability.
We’re acting like there’s a difference. We want complimentary skills. And I think they’ve got complimentary skills. If one or both become a serviceable shooter, then we’re in great shape.

There is no other way. I mean shooting is all that matters today. Nothing else matters.
These type of posts don’t suit you

Yes. From my understanding staff wants to keep this one quiet so can’t say too much. I don’t think the kid will ever be a star here but I think he will always be a serviceable, smart, back up guard.
howard washington 2.0

And you say we’re all using a straw man argument about BG not playing more. No one ever said that you can’t score without shooters. Hence people being excited about Kadary, and his driving ability.

And you say we’re all using a straw man argument about BG not playing more. No one ever said that you can’t score without shooters. Hence people being excited about Kadary, and his driving ability.
Everyone said the same thing about Goodine last year.
Richmond better be ready as he is only other guard on the roster for next year. If he is Goodine this year he will hopefully get more minutes.
As Buddy and Joe for 40 a night isn’t appealing. When they will be get more attention than they did this year.

Everyone said the same thing about Goodine last year.
Richmond better be ready as he is only other guard on the roster for next year. If he is Goodine this year he will hopefully get more minutes.
As Buddy and Joe for 40 a night isn’t appealing. When they will be get more attention than they did this year.

Personally, I think he’s better suited for the college game than BG was. Brycen played stiff, timid, and had no confidence in what he was doing out there. Kadary has played better competition in HS, and to me he has shown the willingness to want the ball in pressure situations. We’ll see if it translates to big time basketball, but I’m confident it will, at least more so than it did for BG. They were both ranked about the same, but Kadary had better teams looking at him. Really don’t think we’re losing much, if anything, and are gaining a better skill set for JB’s system.

Personally I think there is a direct cause and effect relationship between Kadary coming in and ALL the backup guards transferring out...the writing was on the wall.

Most likely. Definitely for HW, and Carey. I think Brycen would have been given his chance to earn minutes. But, backup minutes, and he was gonna have to battle Kadary for ‘em. He wasn’t having it, so next man up. If we’re really adding another guard, then we’ll be just fine. Tape gives the team another offensive threat, and we should be able to do well getting points in the paint. Really helps to balance the team out, and take pressure off the guards to do it all.

Remember last year Marek actually hit quite a few threes and was a threat out there. This past year he adapted his game based on the team and did most of his damage inside but he is a serviceable outside shooter and has proven it.

I think the injury really held him back in that respect and he lost comfort in his shooting. The way he improved so dramatically from the free throw line the second half of the year makes me think that with a strong offseason he will regain some confidence and be at least somewhat of a threat from 3. Combined with his marked improvement putting the ball on the floor and driving and the potential loss of Elijah's firepower I see Marek as a big X-factor next year.

Most likely. Definitely for HW, and Carey. I think Brycen would have been given his chance to earn minutes. But, backup minutes, and he was gonna have to battle Kadary for ‘em. He wasn’t having it, so next man up. If we’re really adding another guard, then we’ll be just fine. Tape gives the team another offensive threat, and we should be able to do well getting points in the paint. Really helps to balance the team out, and take pressure off the guards to do it all.
did Tape commit? I thought we were 50/50 at best

Personally, I think he’s better suited for the college game than BG was. Brycen played stiff, timid, and had no confidence in what he was doing out there. Kadary has played better competition in HS, and to me he has shown the willingness to want the ball in pressure situations. We’ll see if it translates to big time basketball, but I’m confident it will, at least more so than it did for BG. They were both ranked about the same, but Kadary had better teams looking at him. Really don’t think we’re losing much, if anything, and are gaining a better skill set for JB’s system.

Also, Richmond is a long 6'6" (or 6'7" if you believe Donna Ditota's article) vs. Goodine's 6'3"

did Tape commit? I thought we were 50/50 at best

No he hasn’t. A few posters are confident that he will though, if you read a page or so back. My post was a hypothetical, but shoulda been more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom