Pats* at it again | Syracusefan.com

Pats* at it again

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Pittsburgh's pissed that their headsets kept going out. When asked about it, Tomlin was livid and said most of the first half they listened to the Pats* radio broadcast.

The Pats* just being the Pats*.

Pittsburgh's pissed that their headsets kept going out. When asked about it, Tomlin was livid and said most of the first half they listened to the Pats* radio broadcast.

The Pats* just being the Pats*.

I have to listen to that broadcast on the radio here (local ESPN station is required to play 3 hours of pre-game and 3 hours of post-game from WEEI) and I'd be pissed if I was Tomlin too. Scott Zolak drives me nuts.

The balls of the Pats* to do this on national TV during the first game is amazing.

I think this is a lot more common than any league would ever admit.

Just last night at the Skaneateles vs. Marcellus the Skan. coaches were correctly calling out what the Marcellus plays were going to be just before the snap. I mean Marcellus would call a double pass play from a simple formation and the Skinny coaches were calling them out everytime.

When I said something to my kid after the game. He said the coach said after the game that it is very easy to get on the same frequency as your opponent. That is impossible to prove it though. He said the coach didn't make it out to a big deal saying it's just part of the game and need to execute better. Which makes me wonder,does Marcellus try to do this?
Their bleachers are close to the field and behind the Team bench of Skaneateles so you can hear everything that is said. Second half Marcellus went to hand signals and came back pretty good,but lost 38-35.

I have no idea if the Patriots actually did do this (I know the headsets are supplied by the NFL, but I think it's possible that a team could still interfere with the frequencies if they try to), but this is going to get blown up so badly. The fact that this happens literally before the the first game since moving on from a cheating scandal even begins is a really funny coincidence if the Patriots truly had nothing to do with it. The commentators didn't bring it up until like halfway through the first, but you could see Ben Roethlisberger complaining about the radios before he went out to start his first drive.

Interesting game though. The Steelers defense was as terrible as expected, but the Patriots defense was surprisingly bad. Their front 7 (which is supposed to be pretty damn good) got pushed around by the Steelers' backup linemen all night.

Talk about paranoia. I think this is really getting in opponents heads. The real story should be that Tomlin doesnt have any clue that zone doesn't work against Brady. He has some of the worst defensive gameplans I've ever seen against New England. I read that in five games Brady now as 17 Td's and 0 INT's against Pittsburgh now since Tomlin took over as coach, and he was hired because he was supposed to be a great defensive coach.

Talk about paranoia. I think this is really getting in opponents heads. The real story should be that Tomlin doesnt have any clue that zone doesn't work against Brady. He has some of the worst defensive gameplans I've ever seen against New England. I read that in five games Brady now as 17 Td's and 0 INT's against Pittsburgh now since Tomlin took over as coach, and he was hired because he was supposed to be a great defensive coach.

No defense Pittsburgh runs would have worked against New England. They have almost no defensive talent.

All we do is win. Just win baby. At this point I wish Belichick was behind this just to piss you people off. Sadly the NFL issued this statement.
COmKAJeWIAA3K1-.png

Nobody has mentioned that as soon as the NFL, the ones in charge of the headsets, was aware the Steelers were having issues, they shut down the Patriots headsets until the NFL got everything fixed...

Some people...

Nobody has mentioned that as soon as the NFL, the ones in charge of the headsets, was aware the Steelers were having issues, they shut down the Patriots headsets until the NFL got everything fixed...

Some people...

I don't think that's actually true. They don't do that for coach to coach headsets. At least that's what I heard about 80 times this morning.

Some people...

Not saying this is what happened last night, but teams use to do this all the time. The home team would script out their first few drives of the game and then mysteriously one team's headsets would stop working, so they'd be forced to shut both team's headsets off, giving the home team an advantage because they knew it was going to happen.

Again, NOT saying this is what the Patriots did last night, but the fact that the Patriots had to turn off their headsets doesn't prove that it couldn't have helped New England.

Edit: The real counter-argument should be that it doesn't really matter because if this is always an issue like Tomlin says, then he should have had his team prepared for this to happen.

Even I don't believe the Patriots* would do something like this maliciously at this point...primarily because the Steelers are pretty weak right now (Bills QBs were like 31-33 a couple weeks ago against that Defense...sure Preseason but still, they are pretty bad it seems).

On the other hand, I do find it rich that Patriots* fans are all indignant about being targeted with further suspicion. No other franchise has had such a track record of getting caught cheating, and that's how life works...reputations need to be actively protected, and the Patriots* haven't done that...

The rules are pretty clear: gamesmanship (trying to catch the opponents signals with your eyes from the sidelines and figure out what they're doing) is common and legal...filming the signals is not (and I don't believe filming the signals was legal either before 2006, all the language I've seen implies that you weren't allowed to and they just refined the language in the "alert").

Other teams seem to have participated in gamesmanship...the Patriots have had systemic efforts to knowingly violate the rules to gain an advantage. Their fans would be best to just enjoy the championships* they've won since just because they're is over-whelming scrutiny and occasional rushes to judgement doesn't mean it it's ill-advised or undeserved.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...steelers-bill-belichick-mike-tomlin/72049514/

Just some facts on this. I know we dont want that to get in the way of our over reactions, but here it is anyways.

By the way buried under all of this communications stuff is the fact that Tomlin coached a terrible game(at least he didn't step onto the field to impeded and potentially injure a player this time), Big Ben played pretty well, Brady was lights out, and one of the Steelers coaches allegedly assaulted a fan.

I don't think that's actually true. They don't do that for coach to coach headsets. At least that's what I heard about 80 times this morning.

You are partially right. Had the problem persisted they would have shut off communications to both sidelines until it was fixed. By time they got close to that point the NFL had restored communications.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...steelers-bill-belichick-mike-tomlin/72049514/

Just some facts on this. I know we dont want that to get in the way of our over reactions, but here it is anyways.

By the way buried under all of this communications stuff is the fact that Tomlin coached a terrible game(at least he didn't step onto the field to impeded and potentially injure a player this time), Big Ben played pretty well, Brady was lights out, and one of the Steelers coaches allegedly assaulted a fan.

The rebuttal: http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-ha...JxnyozIeA.0&utm_referrer=http://deadspin.com/

Apparently Pittsburgh has decided to simply give the NFL information about their problem instead of filing a complaint as was reported earlier.

If anybody thinks Belichick is stupid enough to do anything illegal in the first game of the new year after all the crap and the NFL war with the organization then you are probably going to believe any conspiracy.

The NFL has already said they are responsible for the headset communications and NBC didn't report the Patriots were having the same problems.

It is open season to say whatever you want against the Patriots. I actually love it now. I hope people spend time worried about the Pats cheating.

If anybody thinks Belichick is stupid enough to do anything illegal in the first game of the new year after all the crap and the NFL war with the organization then you are probably going to believe any conspiracy.

The NFL has already said they are responsible for the headset communications and NBC didn't report the Patriots were having the same problems.

It is open season to say whatever you want against the Patriots. I actually love it now. I hope people spend time worried about the Pats cheating.
It's not about how stupid, it's about how arrogant, and framed like that, the sky is the limit

Interesting you bring up the timing right after all that's happened as a deterrent. Was talking to a few guys at work, obviously all Pats fan here in downtown Boston, and one of them was saying how it annoys him he can't even use that excuse to Pats haters because BB was caught with Spygate right after the NFL sent out a memo specifically to stop doing that.

Interesting you bring up the timing right after all that's happened as a deterrent. Was talking to a few guys at work, obviously all Pats fan here in downtown Boston, and one of them was saying how it annoys him he can't even use that excuse to Pats haters because BB was caught with Spygate right after the NFL sent out a memo specifically to stop doing that.
LOL what are you talking about. When did Belichick get in trouble with the league before Spygate? My god I really your are hilarious.
The Patriots have nothing to do with this stuff and if you actually read the facts you would know that. I hope you as a Pats hater enjoy living in MA.

LOL what are you talking about. When did Belichick get in trouble with the league before Spygate? My god I really your are hilarious.
The Patriots have nothing to do with this stuff and if you actually read the facts you would know that. I hope you as a Pats hater enjoy living in MA.

So nobody from the NFL sent out a memo alerting teams of the rules about filming other teams signals relatviely close to before the Pats got in trouble for spy gate?

Humorous also how you seem to label everyone who doesn't shout patriot innocence from the rooftops as a pats hater. I can't really help the fact that I've rather easily closed down many of your feeble attempts to clear the pats name. Gems like that because the Panthers had a bad record the year before they made the Super Bowl that it didn't matter if the Pats cheated. Doesn't make me a pats hater, just someone who is able to think logically. Just like how I was hoping and could see Brady was going to beat the NFLin court rather easily.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom