People begged JB to switch the starters. He did. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

People begged JB to switch the starters. He did.

Well then go call JW, go write an article for Syracuse dot com, call the radio shows, anything. But I promise you that this decision will not be made based on you or I complaining on the forum. Im sure many of us have far too much to going on in one real lives for Syracuse sports to take on much more than ancillary escape from the stress. If you want to get upset? Do it. But don’t act like the rest of us have to be miserable too.
Radio, newspapers, and phone calls and knocking “complaining on the internet”.

Is it 1997?

I don’t think you understand what this conversation is about
I completely understand the message. He is ticked off that his argument or people who think like he does are being censored.

The poster has said he is a season ticket holder. He shouldn’t be forced to stop spending money to send his displeasure up to the AD. He is posting his frustration and that should be allowed without people telling him that he should do other things to force change.
When a person is frustrated and doesn’t go over the line which he isn’t leave him alone or debate his points.

Why can’t you let him be frustrated without telling how to affect change.
He is frustrated and isn’t going over the line at all.
He’s unhinged and has been posting the same thing for an hour. But whatever

I completely understand the message. He is ticked off that his argument or people who think like he does are being censored.

The poster has said he is a season ticket holder. He shouldn’t be forced to stop spending money to send his displeasure up to the AD. He is posting his frustration and that should be allowed without people telling him that he should do other things to force change.
When a person is frustrated and doesn’t go over the line which he isn’t leave him alone or debate his points.
No? His argument was that the rest of us should be as upset as he is.

He’s unhinged and has been posting the same thing for an hour. But whatever
Wait so a fan is posting his opinions. The horror.
Fan stands for fanatic.

His opinion is Coach Boeheim has essentially hijacked the program and he wants a coaching change.
Sorry if that offends a few people. It’s not a crazy take.

Patriots fans want Belichick fired. Spurs fans want Popovich fired. Kentucky fans want Calipari fired.

He can have his opinion and it’s not ridlicious.
Syracuse could force Boeheim to do what Notre Dame did to Mike Brey.

Wow. This post reminds me of JB sayings "see what happens when we plan man-to-man" after the Lemoyne loss. If you watched tonight's game and your big takeaway was "Brown shouldn't be a starter" IDK what to tell you.

Wait so a fan is posting his opinions. The horror.
Fan stands for fanatic.

His opinion is Coach Boeheim has essentially hijacked the program and he wants a coaching change.
Sorry if that offends a few people. It’s not a ridlicious change.

Patriots fans want Belichick fired. Spurs fans want Popovich fired. Kentucky fans want Calipari fired.

He can his opinion and it’s not ridlicious.
Syracuse could force Boeheim to do what Notre Dame did to Mike Brey.
No one is offended. 98% of the board would be fine seeing JB hang it up.

All far better options than anonymous forums
It’s 2023. Forums were it 10-20 years ago. Now it’s Twitter.

I can’t believe you’re arguing this.

That 2% shouldn’t control the message. If you read between the lines that is what is being said.
Let the frustration be said and it goes away.
Right, the dude spent the past hour wailing that JB should be fired. I’m sure he’s good now.

I can't wait until Red or GMac take over because that will finally put a timeframe of how long we will continue to see zone at Syracuse. Which ever one is hired will have about 3 years before they get fired and then finally we can move on from the zone.

The zone has ZERO place in modern basketball. It is out dated just like our program.

It’s 2023. Forums were it 10-20 years ago. Now it’s Twitter.

I can’t believe you’re arguing this.
I can’t believe you are considering we’re making the same point, just taking different paths

And we have never played worse.

Seriously though, what is wrong with Jesse today? Has a shot that demands a hard dunk, instead tries to lay it from the other side of the hoop and is blocked. Committing the dumbest fouls ever.

JB didn't press, as their lead grew and grew from 1 to 19.

What more does Mintz have to do to carry this team?

JT doesn't play in some recent games and is leading us tonight.

Maliq hasn't played too well of late and gets the starting nod and continues to not do too much tonight.

Benny doing nothing.

Joe doing nothing.

The D doing absolutely nothing, and we never change it.

So frustrating.
Brown was the problem ? This is comedy gold

My dude, he was perfect from the field, had 2 boards, 2 blocks and an assist and knew where to be on the floor on D.

You think Maliq was a net negative this game, be my guest. You think he was in the first half, be my guest. But you would have to be blind to see that Maliq >> Benny this game has been a good thing. It's not Maliq's fault we are getting curb stomped.
Op seems to think if brown can’t get you a triple double, he need not be out there . Brown has to simply be reasonably competent to carry his role’s weight. And he’s done that in spades

VT is a tough team at home.

Anyone who thought we’d bring our best game on the road after what happened at UNC is delusional.

We might play well Monday. Until tonight we’ve done well overall in the ACC I hope we don’t crash and burn but it’s not like we aren’t trending towards that and it being regression to the mean.

Joe and Judah aren’t superstars and that’s what they have to be for us to win.

Okay, so what would you like us to do about it.

Work on your rebounding and shooting, and it wouldn’t hurt if you could be more consistent from the line. (team, not you personally)

Last edited:
Wow. This post reminds me of JB sayings "see what happens when we plan man-to-man" after the Lemoyne loss. If you watched tonight's game and your big takeaway was "Brown shouldn't be a starter" IDK what to tell you.
Not sure who you are responding to, but that was not the 'big takeaway'.

My point is, people complained about this incessantly for the past 1, 2, 3, weeks or whatever, and JB finally did it. Why, I don't know. And, we played perhaps the worst we have all season. And. Brown was only OK. About the same as he has been for a couple games straight.

Guess my big takeaway is us internet warriors really don't know anything.

But, with Joe not willing to step up this game, and Jesse really just playing terribly, who started didn't matter.

People complaining about Brown not starting was in the title of my OP, but the actual OP mentioned 8 problem areas, 7 of which were not Brown.

So, not just about Brown.

Not sure who you are responding to, but that was not the 'big takeaway'.

My point is, people complained about this incessantly for the past 1, 2, 3, weeks or whatever, and JB finally did it. Why, I don't know. And, we played perhaps the worst we have all season. And. Brown was only OK. About the same as he has been for a couple games straight.

Guess my big takeaway is us internet warriors really don't know anything.

But, with Joe not willing to step up this game, and Jesse really just playing terribly, who started didn't matter.

That was the title of the post, but the content mentioned about 8 other things that went wrong.

So, not just about Brown.
Correlation does not equal causation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom