Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta give up the power...that's what this is about. Institutional bias and the powers that be! The message is bigger than all of those people. They should resign, only then will the graffitti and bias cease to exist.

It’s about power not fear. They will decide who will ‘rule’ and replace them or these protests will continue. They need some intelligent and intellectually honest student leaders.

nailed it unconditional surrender coupled with poison pill terms = other agenda, not the issue they say it is

they have zero interest in diversity and inclusion

ditto. As can be seen by my posts throughout this thread I was in full support of the protestors. But for me, starting tonight I’ve lost a lot of respect for them. They’ve gone way too far and are now ridiculous with their stance on the demands.

none of this is a surprise

Gotta give up the power...that's what this is about. Institutional bias and the powers that be! The message is bigger than all of those people. They should resign, only then will the graffitti and bias cease to exist.
As I heard earlier today, that is crazy

nailed it unconditional surrender coupled with poison pill terms = other agenda, not the issue they say it is

they have zero interest in diversity and inclusion

I wonder if many of these protesters were even aware of all the demands the leaders put forth? How could they support and sit during that Hendrick’s fiasco cheering for a demand that is discriminatory and the antithesis from their initial claims of racism? Is the public being misinformed regarding their true complaints and goals or has the student protest movement been hijacked? Very depressing.

This is exactly what the administration should tell the kids.

You don't like what Syracuse University has to offer? Go get a worse degree at an HBCU and live a sheltered four year existence.
The really stupid part is that they probably only have to live with someone not of their choosing for what, a semester or at worse a year?

Some of the protestors remained at the Barnes center, some marched on to the Chancellor's house and others at the same time while others met with him in a forum of discussion of the demands.

Anyone on the kids side here explain to me how man could STOP the actions of one or even ten racists?

there is clearly a diverse ideology on the Hill. I feel like I see it just as a fan.

Bunch of whiny brats at this point. They give 19 demands and 16 of them are agreed upon, yet that’s not good enough and they are calling for resignations. It’s clear they aren’t looking to make any compromises. Leave the school if it is that bad being there, simple.

Again if you aren't willing to compromise you won't accomplish anything in life. These "protesters" will show what they truly are today.
If they don't want to accept the deal from Syverud let them finish the semester and move onto another academic institution.

Transfering to another college within Syracuse has nothing to do with your race its all about your GPA. Kids can't just transfer to Newhouse or Whitman. I don't know the grades you need but if you have the GPA you can transfer in.

This is the time in their lives when you're young and full of energy and idealistic to get out to do things like this. In 20 years they can think about their 401ks and colonoscopies and backing into parking spots like we do.
I think the backing into parking spots is so amazingly irritating. Man that bothers me for some reason.

Bunch of whiny brats at this point. They give 19 demands and 16 of them are agreed upon, yet that’s not good enough and they are calling for resignations. It’s clear they aren’t looking to make any compromises. Leave the school if it is that bad being there, simple.

Agree. The 3 edits were very reasonable. If they don't agree to it, then they don't understand compromise and will struggle in the real world.

Again if you aren't willing to compromise you won't accomplish anything in life. These "protesters" will show what they truly are today.
If they don't want to accept the deal from Syverud let them finish the semester and move onto another academic institution.

Transfering to another college within Syracuse has nothing to do with your race its all about your GPA. Kids can't just transfer to Newhouse or Whitman. I don't know the grades you need but if you have the GPA you can transfer in.

Needed a 3.5 minimum for Newhouse consideration when I was there. Probably has gone up. It's the hardest school to get in for a reason.

I read some of the posts last night and while I mentioned going to an HBCU it was directly in response to the segregated housing. Some posts mentioning seemed to be more of the get the hell out of SU type. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Should they get accepted, people should go where they want. However, their demands showed their intent.

As someone who grew up and went to school with Black and Hispanics all of my life prior to SU, having mixed housing was one of the better things for me. My first roommate in college was white and gay. Prior to that I couldn't have seen myself being friends with someone like that. We ended up hitting it off and staying in touch throughout college until graduation. It's a social experiment that forces you to get out of your shell. College isn't all about the books. The quicker you adapt, the better off you will be once you've walked across the stage at graduation.

Hypothetical question: so let’s say it turns out that these have been false flags perpetrated by some of the protesting organizations - do they still get those demands met, or does the chancellor reverse it?

Hypothetical question: so let’s say it turns out that these have been false flags perpetrated by some of the protesting organizations - do they still get those demands met, or does the chancellor reverse it?

It doesn't matter - it's about the reaction and the damager the incidents have caused. These things still hurt people, and you have to address that. Whomever did it is almost entirely irrelevant. I'm not sure if they can replace the Board, but that's likely a decent thing to do, and you should also be able to choose the race of your Professor, why it stops with roommates is beyond me. This is good opportunity to get some actual progress. :(

Some of the protestors remained at the Barnes center, some marched on to the Chancellor's house and others at the same time while others met with him in a forum of discussion of the demands.

bunch of baby maoists playing at red guard. making demands and calling for heads, f'em, bounce the whole lot.

I think it stays. If the Forever Orange campaign hadn't launched recently, Syverud would have played hardball. Being that they're trying to coax alumni for more money, they couldn't afford the negative press and want this to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.