Petrino really is a bad guy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Petrino really is a bad guy

It's truly sad that a school would compromise it's integrity and reputation for the sake of winning football games.
Read "Out of their League."

If you had been at Louisville from 2003-2006 when we were averaging 45 points per game, 500 yards per game, winning 82% of our games, winning BCS games and also beating undefeated top 10 teams by crushing them with over 300 yards rushing, you would understand why we re-hired him.

He's done some crappy things, but the statements about him leaving the cupboard bare at Louisville and at Arkansas through poor recruiting is pure garbage. Kragthorpe had 8 future NFL draft picks on the 2007 team. The reason why Kragthorpe flopped is that (1) he was nowhere near as good of an offensive playcaller as Petrino and (2) he wasn't allowed to bring Todd Graham (then DC at Tulsa and now HC at Arizona State) with him when he moved.

Louisville and Arkansas struggled post-Petrino for one simple reason: they hired coaches who weren't anywhere near as good as Petrino. The rest of the stuff about poor recruiting is spin from two athletic departments attempting to pacify their fan bases.

Western Kentucky didn't struggle when Petrino left, and the reason why is because they were smart enough to hire another great coach - a Petrino protege and former star UofL quarterback, Jeff Brohm.
yzc.gif

Nice dig by the local sportscasters. I can understand that Petrino may not want anything new getting out, but let's be honest, how much of a new offense or defense will there be year over year? Let the locals film under agreement not to show the new wrinkles. Gotta let the press (who is supposed to drum up local support) do their job.

Well that would be have been the reasonable and logical way to handle it without making headlines on national sports websites. But we're talking about Bobby Petrino of course.

Well that would be have been the reasonable and logical way to handle it without making headlines on national sports websites. But we're talking about Bobby Petrino of course.

Exactly. Narcissist all the way. That is one reason I doubt he will win a championship. Even a coach must be for the team to succeed rather than about the team succeeding for him. I believe a coach needs to be one in charge but he must give of himself as much as he expects the players to give of themselves for the sake of the team. Not, BP; it's all for BP and BP for BP.

I beginning to think a BP self destruction is on the horizon - maybe this or next season? I wouldn't mind if it occurred before the season starts and it would liven things up while we await football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom