Petro To UNC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Petro To UNC

If they go outside of Alumni Eddie Glezner seems to be a very popular name in the young coaching ranks.I know he is and was a tremendous player but would have to defer to someone else on his coaching style

If they go outside of Alumni Eddie Glezner seems to be a very popular name in the young coaching ranks.I know he is and was a tremendous player but would have to defer to someone else on his coaching style
where is glazener coaching?

This could, in the long run, be an improvement to Cuse defense! There are coaches out there that can recruit well and have better defensive schemes than Coach Petro. We must thank him for his efforts, along with Gary Gait, to bring back Cuse Lacrosse to its rightful place!

We are Syracuse lacrosse. We won’t have a problem finding a good DC. Sure it’s a loss. But we’ll bring in another good DC. I trust Gait and Wildhack. Wildhack has shown he can hire good coaches in other sports and has shown he is willing to empty the pockets for good assistants for his head coaches. Gait has ALL the lacrosse connections in the world and probably the most connected lacrosse figure in the world or up there. Really good assistants will want this job.

Looks like NYC was right … no one knew.. again hope he enjoys coaching his kids but looks like a D!%£ move
my view it doesn't say that in the article. syracuse d looks like it has been on the right track. they are more than capable of keeping that going.

Last edited:
my view it doesn't say that in the article. syracuse d looks like it has been on the right track. they are more than capable of keeping that going.
Well I added the d move part.. lol
Just what I got from them saying they told the team Saturday night that implied no one knew..
Agree with you on they are heading in the right direction

Well I added the d move part.. lol
Just what I got from them saying they told the team Saturday night that implied no one knew..
Agree with you on they are heading in the right direction
just for me, don't think that implies no one knew.

yaz's tweet suggests either came out of unc or someone there confirmed it before there was an su press release. most coaches no matter who they are would want to inform as many as possible in the way they see fit (which could be 1 at a time, as a sub-group or full group) before lax media grabs it.

who knows how it played out, that's a rabbit hole.

where is glazener coaching?

I don’t think anywhere at the college level. He might coach club. Not sure why he is getting a lot of mentions here to be honest.

If we are gonna get wild what about Spallina.

Does he have a defensive background? Feels extremely risky to pair two guys with not a lot of men’s college coaching experience together.

Understand he’d be coaching three of his sons but if Gait needs someone to help guide him still, doesn’t seem like Spallina would fit that bill. Plus that same “whose the head coach” weirdness that existed with Petro would still remain, given Spallina’s current position.

I don’t know who the best young d coaches coming up are or who be interested. But as stated before trey wilks of delaware think be a decent choice. If look at delaware defense stats since he been there they have been very solid. They have been high in ranks in scoring defense(4th), man down (top 10 forget number) clearing (5th) turnovers per game (16th believe) only thing not in top 20 is gbs per game (40th) but avg 31gbs per game which is higher then syracuse’s gbs per game.

plus he was a faceoff guy in college and runs defense n faceoff for delaware. Which have the fogos we do have could help having someone who not only played faceoffs but coaches it also.

or maby gait being Canadian can use that to pull brodie merril from hill school. I don’t merril will want to come to cuse but think he be a good add also. Or maby goes with some young pll player who’s got smart n schemes to do it (doubtful go this way tho).

just for me, don't think that implies no one knew.

yaz's tweet suggests either came out of unc or someone there confirmed it before there was an su press release. most coaches no matter who they are would want to inform as many as possible in the way they see fit (which could be 1 at a time, as a sub-group or full group) before lax media grabs it.

who knows how it played out, that's a rabbit hole.
Maybe it was leaked by someone Gary is talking to as DP's replacement.

Good riddance kids today have a hard time excelling by being screamed at and put down. I think the kids will play better under a new younger leader.
FYI...the players loved petro

petro told gait a few days ago but gary for some reason did not inform the players. then the news leaked. team had a zoom meeting last night that was described to me as very awkward

they are aiming much higher than glazener. that isnt going to happen. some sitting head coaches will get a call along with a handful of D coordinators

FYI...the players loved petro

petro told gait a few days ago but gary for some reason did not inform the players. then the news leaked. team had a zoom meeting last night that was described to me as very awkward

they are aiming much higher than glazener. that isnt going to happen. some sitting head coaches will get a call along with a handful of D coordinators
Well being at most games and seeing kids curse him under there breath idk how much all loved him. I'm sure some did but some did not trust me. Not a lot of kids today can handle being screamed at and raise their game like back in the day. Doesn't matter anyway he's gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom