Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for sharing. Very encouraging with one major exception. Over 90% of the surgeries were performed by the same surgeon. In our case Dr. Raf has little if no experience in this procedure
Why would he be doing it then??

More Reasons to Attend St Bonaventure Instead of Syracuse
Brown make my eyes pop.
Uncomfortable playing in front of crowds larger than 4,000 people.
Confused by towns with more than one stop light.
Like women with mustaches.

Wait, women with moustaches?

Tomcat obviously mixed up Alfred and Bonas

5FA40965-C325-4A6E-88DD-D5628C94E66C.jpeg
Don’t we all?

It’s been a long week!

It is questionable at best if surgery will fix the tendonitis. Even with a healthy Sid, Chewy is gone after next season. We really need this guy.
JB said he’d be fine after surgery and rehab. You think it’s more of an open question?

As a medical professional myself, IMO I would not count on this surgery being effective long term. Surgery will treat his current condition but it does not address why he has tendinitis in the first place. This is an inflammatory condition, and he needs a diet that is more alkaline, and less processed foods. The surgery may help short term, but I would not at all be surprised if the tendinitis returned, or he developed the issue on the other side. This is the problem with the medical profession today... treat the symptom, not the root cause. That said, I wish him well because we need him! I think we need Osun badly.

JB said he’d be fine after surgery and rehab. You think it’s more of an open question?
Yes surgery is not a cure for tendinitis. It should help but it will not prevent it from recurring.

"Dr. Raf"

Addison's local nickname had the 3 point shot been introduced a half-decade earlier.

I really want Osun! I think this kid is a legitimate talent that's just starting to figure it out. Late bloomer with huge potential...would be big if the staff closes this recruiting cycle out with both braswell and osun!

I love his potential, but I also want a legit backup center in case of injury. I am hopefully the surgery will help his issues, but we all saw last year with Sidibe how quickly 2 centers can become 1.

Last edited:
Not to mention, this kid plays at Putnam with a highly rated recruit from the class of 2019 we are chasing heavily. Landing him wouldn't hurt our chances in that regard.

Hope we hear something soon -- the more film I see of this kid [especially from last year], the more convinced I am that he is a great system fit. This is a late bloomer who slipped through the cracks, not just some stiff with limited upside.

Not to mention, this kid plays at Putnam with a highly rated recruit from the class of 2019 we are chasing heavily. Landing him wouldn't hurt our chances in that regard.

Hope we hear something soon -- the more film I see of this kid [especially from last year], the more convinced I am that he is a great system fit. This is a late bloomer who slipped through the cracks, not just some stiff with limited upside.
This is like Hodge/Warrick redux all over again

So he's not a Greg Davis or Sean Williams?

Kids like this are why every year non-P5 schools have really good teams and win NCAA games.
The big boys lock in on the known guys, the "lesser" schools pick up the others, who then blossom, but the "big boys" are shut out due to roster limits.
The the P-5 fans lament, " why didn't we recruit that guy?"

So he's not a Greg Davis or Sean Williams?

I don't think so -- he's far better than either of those guys. This is a kid who was 6-9 [or so] and 175 pounds as a senior in HS. His skills were raw, and although he was a good athlete, he wasn't polished. So, he commits to LaSalle, and their coaches encouraged him to go to prep school to give him an additional year to physically mature. He goes to Putnum -- a high profile prep school that plays a premiere national caliber schedule of competition -- and he added 15 pounds and improved his game, playing against a higher level of competition.

But to Capt. Tuttle's point above, he was signed to LaSalle, so he was off the market. So no other schools could go after him. When LaSalle's coach was fired and he was granted a release, he suddenly became a recruitable commodity.

He has a build like Sidibe -- obviously needs to add size / strength, but he's got some muscle tone and looks "bigger" than his weight. Plus, he's got a good frame to add weight -- this isn't some cat with a Damone / Tony Scott build. I don't think he's as good offensively as Sidibe right now, but he looks like a strong rebounder, an outstanding shot blocker, and he runs like a deer. He'd be a terrific fit in our system, and a high upside kid who in two years could be a quality starter.

Would love to add him.

Status
Not open for further replies.