Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

In being tall and lean, but playing like a guard with the ball in his hands, Freeman kind of reminds me of Durant. Highlight films can be deceptive, but I liked a couple things.

Freeman seems like a great passer. He makes passes like a qb, passing the target open.

Freeman doesn't wait for the rebound to come to him, he seems to snatch it out of the air.

He seems to have a very tight handle for a kid his age and height. He really looks like a guard with the ball in his hands.

He led one of the EYBL sessions in blocks as a forward. These are all college bound prospects, so a pretty group to lead in any category. He gets up quick and seems to have good anticipation. Many tall players get blocks in high school because they are physically dominant, Freeman seemed to have translatable skill.

His shooting looks good. He has a true jump shot to the point range, not the set shot a lot of guys get. With his height and lift, he might be a threat to shoot even when closely guarded, especially if teams switch a guard onto him in man to man off screens.

He's too skinny, but he's got a while to grow into his body before getting to campus. But Freeman doesn't play skinny. His highlights show him pushing guys around (yeah also skinny highschool players) in the post. He won't be able to do that in college at 190, but he has the right mindset. If he can bulk up 20 lbs before getting here, he won't be too skinny to compete.

I didn't see any obvious weakness in his highlights, Freeman looks like a really good pickup.

I'm pretty excited with recruiting lately. Now we've got to see what Red does on the court.
I like the use of both hands for shooting around the basket.

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but let's wait and see him officially get on campus.
For Christ’s sake, the level of pessimism of some posters on this board is astounding, it’s been less than 24 hours since Freeman committed and you’re bringing up the potential for a decommitment. I realize we have had some lousy luck over the last few years in recruiting but allow us to enjoy some good news for a change.

For Christ’s sake, the level of pessimism of some posters on this board is astounding, it’s been less than 24 hours since Freeman committed and you’re bringing up the potential for a decommitment. I realize we have had some lousy luck over the last few years in recruiting but allow us to enjoy some good news for a change.
It is CNY glass is always half empty

This is a nice summary, thanks. Do you think he is a 3 in that he can play alongside a more traditional 4?
He might be that rarest of players who has the size to play the traditional 4 but also the skills to stay on the perimeter. He made a couple "point forward" type passes to cutters from the top of the key that stood out in particular.

He might be that rarest of players who has the size to play the traditional 4 but also the skills to stay on the perimeter. He made a couple "point forward" type passes to cutters from the top of the key that stood out in particular.
fisrt time watching his vids...he looks pretty "NBA-ish" from what I can tell...that size and athleticism combined with the soft hands is rare and elite.

Bazley. When he went to the game, he was a Cuse commit. When he left, he wasn't.
I only considered those who have played at least 1 minute in the Syracuse uniform. JJ will be the next once he plays in a game.

Bazley. When he went to the game, he was a Cuse commit. When he left, he wasn't.

I wondered how he's done. He made a million form his internship and has made $7 millions more in the NBA. So, if he's invested it well, he's doing OK. Would NIL have made a difference? Imagine if we gave Benny a high six figures in NIL and he played like he's played for most of the first two years?

Last edited:
IMG_3105.jpeg

Stop what? It happens. The Football board melted down over Lanorris Sellers over the same exact thing.

Decommitments will come from teams that recruit over guys. We won't recruit over Donnie. This one is banked. Have a drink, have a laugh and enjoy his highlights because this kid is the real deal and will wear orange. I'll wager on it

This is nice.
Kid has a motor, skills, size, intensity, and he’s the alpha.

Love how he was The Man down the stretch of this game:

As reported, a great frame. He’ll be an NBA player. Really cool, this turnaround in excitement and potential. Go, Red.
Very smart too, seems like he’s always in the right spot and always making the right play. Love his game, love Red, LGO!

My favorite part of this is we’re not worrying about which coach had which recruit. They’re all grinding. I get that certain coaches are point and that’s incredibly important, but it’s nice to see this coaching group crush recruiting together.

I declared on this board that the Red hire was going to be a great one because of who he is and how hard he works. This is the proof of that….Let’s freaking Goooo
Question BD, If Red does well at the college level do you think that he will be offered an NBA job. He seems to have the demeanor and credentials that would lend themselves to the pros

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom