Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

Everyone needs to enjoy Donnie the one year he is here. He is a legit one and done. He’ll be a lottery pick on intrigue and potential alone. Dude is damn near 6’10”, athletic as hell, moves very well for his size, has very good defensive potential and can shoot it well for his size.

If Judah stay….Judah, Starling, Maliq, Bell and Freeman are going to be a force

Doesn’t even include Choppa, Westry, McLeod, Cuffe and whoever we get in the portal. I’m excited

He looks really skinny. Hope he adds some weight.
He is “skinny” but has strength. If he was our center I would agree with the weight comment, but that’s not what we need him for. He is a stretch forward, his weight is just fine IMO. He is going to be the most day 1 ready freshman since ennis IMO. He is super skilled, this isn’t a Frank anselem or chukwu type guy who has no ball skill. Essentially no need for “too skinny” comments when we don’t need him to be banging down low exclusively IMO. Now if this was our center I would be all in agreement with you lol!

He is “skinny” but has strength. If he was our center I would agree with the weight comment, but that’s not what we need him for. He is a stretch forward, his weight is just fine IMO. He is going to be the most day 1 ready freshman since ennis IMO. He is super skilled, this isn’t a Frank anselem or chukwu type guy who has no ball skill. Essentially no need for “too skinny” comments when we don’t need him to be banging down low exclusively IMO. Now if this was our center I would be all in agreement with you lol!
He still needs to add some weight. His skill set will only take him so far that his body wont.

Full video of the first scrimmage game for the All Americans. A couple things the commentators mentioned early on:
  • He impressed NBA scouts in practice earlier in the morning, draining a ton of jumpers.
  • Referred to him as being 6'10" despite the All American rosters listing him at 6'7".
  • He was the most improved senior this year.

Yeah, I don't get the obsession w/ build and weight. Kid's a baller. That's all that matters. A lot of great players are skinny (e.g., Kevin Durant, Wemby & future #1 pick Cooper Flagg).

Everyone needs to enjoy Donnie the one year he is here. He is a legit one and done. He’ll be a lottery pick on intrigue and potential alone. Dude is damn near 6’10”, athletic as hell, moves very well for his size, has very good defensive potential and can shoot it well for his size.

Doesn’t even include Choppa, Westry, McLeod, Cuffe and whoever we get in the portal. I’m excited
Judah might return?

IMG_5541.gif

Full video of the first scrimmage game for the All Americans. A couple things the commentators mentioned early on:
  • He impressed NBA scouts in practice earlier in the morning, draining a ton of jumpers.
  • Referred to him as being 6'10" despite the All American rosters listing him at 6'7".
  • He was the most improved senior this year.
Skimmed through most of the game, not a lot of touches for Donnie but I had him 2/2 from the field (both 3pt FG), one of which was an on the move buzzer beater with a hand in his face. Also had a rebound or 2 and he led a nice outlet break off of a rebound where he had an assist. Solid performance overall in only around 15 minutes and he didnt look like some of the players that force the issue way too much in these environments to look good in front of the scouts.

It's obviously not the same situation but Melo was not expected to be a crazy good one-and-done coming in.

Freeman seems to be rising quickly though and expanding his game every time new info pops up.

Judah?
Wait What Reaction GIF

The Mc Donald’s All American game​

Not noted as a team centric game; very little passing ever occurs!

Well, now that Maliq's leaving, this kid better be ready to play at an All-ACC level.

He still needs to add some weight. His skill set will only take him so far that his body wont.
He’s 18 YO. Give it a rest. Far more important that he improves his skills at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom