Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 124 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise but how do we finish this class out? Need a center, don’t trust Sidibe & Dolezaj as the only two options. JBA IMO is a project. No matter what anyone tells me.

Dimon Carrigan? Juco transfer.

God for Hop. I will watch him out here. If he only stays one year, he might not be great in the zone.
If he stays two with Quade, they might be special.

Why wouldn’t Hop continue using his NE connections in recruiting, especially when he’s still pulling kids? Why would he have to stop doing that if he stays at Washington?

Because it’s a long distance to put in the work to establish relations with kids that he wasn’t recruiting when he was on the east coast. Probably not very realistic.

Just took a quick look. You weren’t really for or against but complained about him, especially needing to grow up. Didn’t find one post that said you wanted him as HC.
Who didn’t have concerns based on his audition for crying out loud? I don’t have the time to look back and see what I wrote but I’d be quite surprised if my tone didn’t express support for him especially before the audition, but it’s a bit odd that you’d search the archives to try to discredit or prove a point. That’s something my paranoid mother-in-law would do.

Coleman/Lydon combo was pretty good in 2016 IMO.
Agreed but while he got minutes at the 5 he was not recruited as a center, he kinda fell into it given team dynamics. Loved how he played though. Could play high/low, great vision and passing, deep 3 ability, could jump up and get the block and the board. Loved Lydons game at Cuse.

Yes I agree. But IMO our basketball brand took a huge hit when we moved to the ACC. Instead of being the biggest fish in the Big East with tons of NE media coverage we became an instant middle of the pack team in the ACC that is NEVER seen as a real competitor to Duke and UNC to win the conference. And that is how it has played out. That has to be playing a big part in our recruiting downturn.
if you don't take into account the heavy sanctions directly targetted at the ability to recruit then you risk coming to the wrong conclusion

Who didn’t have concerns based on his audition for crying out loud? I don’t have the time to look back and see what I wrote but I’d be quite surprised if my tone didn’t express support for him especially before the audition, but it’s a bit odd that you’d search the archives to try to discredit or prove a point. That’s something my paranoid mother-in-law would do.
I think he might have assumed you were negative.

Yes I agree. But IMO our basketball brand took a huge hit when we moved to the ACC. Instead of being the biggest fish in the Big East with tons of NE media coverage we became an instant middle of the pack team in the ACC that is NEVER seen as a real competitor to Duke and UNC to win the conference. And that is how it has played out. That has to be playing a big part in our recruiting downturn.

Or sanctions.

Who didn’t have concerns based on his audition for crying out loud?
D0kH.gif

Thanks for posting Money. Lot's of references to Georgetown in that article. :eek:

At least he didnt commit to Georgetown like i thought he would three years ago.

Goodine is as much of a PG as anyone else on the roster(except Washington), no?

Every clip I see of Goodine is showing off his dunking, like he's Hami Diallo. What kind of handle does he have? They say he can shoot, but he's all about the athleticism to me.

Why the heck can't we get top tier players anymore? When was the last time we had a McDonalds All American? We are never gonna be a top 10 team if we don't start really in some top recruits. Another mediocre year recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.