Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 125 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every clip I see of Goodine is showing off his dunking, like he's Hami Diallo. What kind of handle does he have? They say he can shoot, but he's all about the athleticism to me.

To be honest, Carey has had issues with his ball handling. So that could be a concern next year.

Why the heck can't we get top tier players anymore? When was the last time we had a McDonalds All American? We are never gonna be a top 10 team if we don't start really in some top recruits. Another mediocre year recruiting.

You are just hurting right now.

We’ve only had 20 McDonalds All Americans in JBs 43 years.

Most recent was Richardson.

Not probable but not impossible that one of the guys we have will be one this year, but it really hasn’t been that long and when you take sanctions into account it REALLY hasn’t been that long.

I think we’re actually really talented this year, which is why people started losing their ish (myself included) over how things were going pre-Duke.
We have some talented pieces but it’s arguable that we don’t have any elite talent - MCW/Waiters/Melo types. Huh - did we really have all 3 on the roster at the same time?

Who didn’t have concerns based on his audition for crying out loud? I don’t have the time to look back and see what I wrote but I’d be quite surprised if my tone didn’t express support for him especially before the audition, but it’s a bit odd that you’d search the archives to try to discredit or prove a point. That’s something my paranoid mother-in-law would do.

Took 30 seconds if you know how to use search. You complain about everything so i wasn’t surprised.

We haven't been recruiting at a real elite level for a while now. Our class coming in is not what I'd consider an elite class by any stretch. Let's not kid ourselves, we really don't seem to be on the radar for 5 star/top 25 kids for some time now.

I don't believe the game has passed Boeheim by but the top echelon players don't seem to want play for him. From the outside looking in he certainly doesn't connect with the players and for a school with a rich basketball history, we should be nabbing at least a Top 15 kid every year or two and not land a Top 50 kid only when he came up the ranks after he committed to us. I believe JB does more with less but recruiting is not a strong point and it is getting frustrated. No matter how good a coach you are, the players on the court usually determine your fate more than anything else.

Last edited:
Took 30 seconds if you know how to use search. You complain about everything so i wasn’t surprised.

30 seconds to search, maybe, but how long to sift through that thread and read his posts? Regardless, it is very peculiar to say the least that you would do this. But, then again, you have a lot, and I mean a lot of free time on your hands, proven by the shear volume of posts if nothing else. Flat out bizarre.

There Stewart thread is on page 12 with 3 pages devoted to how many available ships they have. I’m not joking

Stewart is definitely going out on a limb with Hop...

Will the potential lack of brand building hurt him come draft time? Probably not but it had to have been something he thought about.

Our top recruit in 2017 was ranked 111th. Besides Battle we haven't gotten much talent... And we almost missed out on him. Just imagine if he went to Michigan
your question was when was the last time we had one. dajuan coleman was on the roster in 2017.

i think i'm best off no commenting your talent evals

You are just hurting right now.

We’ve only had 20 McDonalds All Americans in JBs 43 years.

Most recent was Richardson.

Not probable but not impossible that one of the guys we have will be one this year, but it really hasn’t been that long and when you take sanctions into account it REALLY hasn’t been that long.

No our recruiting is hurting. The past 3 years (2019, 2018, and 2017) we have had 2 players ranked in the top 100. Over a 3 year period. Carey and Goodine is it. And Goodine is barely in.

2016 we had 3 top 100 recuits. More in 1 year than our past 3 year combined.
2015 we had 3 top 100 recuits
2014 we had 2
2013 we had 3
2012 we had 2
2011 we had 2
2010 we had 3

So from 2010 to 2016 we had equal or more top 100 recuits than we have gotten in our past 3 recruiting classes combined. And we don't need elite talent but we should at least be getting top 100 players. And I'm not knocking lowly rated players. There is a role for them on our team. But when they are coming in as the primary guys then we have issues.

The past 3 year the average ranking for our recruits is 189.9

The previous 6 years our average recruit ranking was 64.6.

That is a huge jump. Almost 3 times higher the past 3 years. We are struggling to get talent

I don't believe the game has passed Boeheim by but the top echelon players don't seem to want play for him. From the outside looking in he certainly doesn't connect with the players and for a school with a rich basketball history, we should be nabbing at least a Top 15 kid every year or two and not land a Top 50 kid only when he came up the ranks after he committed to us. I believe JB does more with less but recruiting is not a strong point and it is getting frustrated. No matter how good a coach you are, the players on the court usually determine your fate more than anything else.
The response is we recruit 4 star players who fit our style, which is fine when you’re winning...but when regular seasons become as mediocre as can be, it makes criticism of JB & Staff’s recruiting ability fair game.

I don’t care if we don’t land a Zion Williamson but Stewart is a black eye for us...I don’t care that Hop is the reason he’s heading out west. This shouldn’t be happening.

No our recruiting is hurting. The past 3 years (2019, 2018, and 2017) we have had 2 players ranked in the top 100. Over a 3 year period. Carey and Goodine is it. And Goodine is barely in.

2014 we had 2
2013 we had 3
2012 we had 2
2011 we had 2
2010 we had 3

So from 2010 to 2016 we had equal or more top 100 recuits than we have gotten in our past 3 recruiting classes combined. And we don't need elite talent but we should at least be getting top 100 players. And I'm not knocking lowly rated players. There is a role for them on our team. But when they are coming in as the primary guys then we have issues.

That is a huge jump. Almost 3 times higher the past 3 years. We are struggling to get talent

Guerrier isn’t top 100?

As painful as losing Zay is this EXACTLY how recruits should pick schools and I root for the Stewart’s in the next chapter. Finally a kid that picks from his heart and not based on some goofy brotherhood. Wish you were Orange Zay...wish Hop was still here too

30 seconds to search, maybe, but how long to sift through that thread and read his posts? Regardless, it is very peculiar to say the least that you would do this. But, then again, you have a lot, and I mean a lot of free time on your hands, proven by the shear volume of posts if nothing else. Flat out bizarre.

Read thru what thread? That’s not how it works. What’s bizarre is that you care. The BS gets tiring with some.

2014 we had 2
2013 we had 3
2012 we had 2
2011 we had 2
2010 we had 3

OB wasn't in the rankings not because he wasn't good enough, but because of where he was playing.

He’s a top 50 player. He’s ranked 50th on 2 4 7. His composite ranking is 113 because Rivals and ESPN don’t rank Canadians. It was the same situation with Oshae. He’s top 50 if you look at his grade at all the sites.
oshae was the 2017 canadian national player of the year. played in & dominated their equivalent of the mcdonald's game. quincy played in that game last year & led his team with 19 pts on 8/10 shooting

I mean the fact we have to twist and turn to try and make it seem we are recruiting higher caliber players than we are is telling. Shouldn't happen at Syracuse. Gurrier is a nice recruit, but he isn't Stewart. The last real blue chip recruit we had was arguably McCollough. Richardson and Battle may have been borderline, but we aren't landing those blue chippers right now. Getting a few guys in our class barely in or around the top 100 and being content with that year after year will make this program a perennial mid tier ACC team.

Status
Not open for further replies.