Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if I understand this, as a NIL deal is not contingent in any way on a kid choosing or going to a school, [insert collective, say Iowa's collective for example] could in fact offer him a huge NIL deal now and he could still go to TENN?

That would be awesome if so. Means certain kids could collect multiple NIL deals from different collectives (blind auction) and then attend any school he / she desires. Totally like Xmas morning!

Aren't collectives just legal avenues for Boosters to give money to players/recruits through NIL deals?

I thought that it was either the coach or the collective that decides where the money goes. The coach gives direction to the collective to give $X NIL to a specific player/recruit or the collective/booster can separately negotiate NIL deals with a prospective player/recruit (even during the dead recruiting period). For HS kids, I'm assuming that the deal is that they are promised $X NIL once they arrive to campus.

No

Any regulation of this new system, if it does come, will emanate from the Federal government.

Legislation is now being prepared by Manchin and Tuberville (actually by their staffs). And, that makes sense--WVa will be left behind, and Auburn/Bama will (comparatively) not do as well in the new, NIL world as they have done under the NCAA enforcement regime.

Actually you might be right, I don't think NIL deals can be tied to a school specifically. So for HS kids/transfers, its here is some NIL money with the hopes they make it to campus or they get paid once they get to campus.

Doesn’t work that way.

How big is she?
Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 4.28.53 PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online