Class of 2017 - PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky

Do we see him as a center or wing in this class? I feel like he is more of a center and DCR more of a wing.

My 2017 wishlist:
1. Green
2. Diallo
3. Tucker
4. DCR
5. Richards
6. Diange
Neither are wings. Both are big men that handle their biz in the paint.

Neither are wings. Both are big men that handle their biz in the paint.

More thank likely will need wings in 2017-2018. Other than Moyer no other true wings, who besides Tucker is an option?

More thank likely will need wings in 2017-2018. Other than Moyer no other true wings, who besides Tucker is an option?
Hameir Wright, Kiminai Lawrence, Christian David, and Simi Shittu is a current top 10 stud in the 2018 class, but I expect him to reclassify into 2017. I expect more interest and offers will be out there for more wings as the evaluation period gets cracking.

Hameir Wright, Kiminai Lawrence, Christian David, and Simi Shittu is a current top 10 stud in the 2018 class, but I expect him to reclassify into 2017. I expect more interest and offers will be out there for more wings as the evaluation period gets cracking.
Shittu?

Francis, is there any interest in Melo Eggelston as a wing? I remember his name being discussed in the past but nothing recently. Or Andre Rafus?

Last edited:
Francis, is there any interest in Melo Eggelston as a wing? I remember his name being discussed in the past but nothing recently. Or Andre Rafus?
We haven't recruited Melo since early last year I think. He's now playing ball at some school in Vegas. Rafus is another backup plan type that I forgot to mention. Long range sniper, but struggles off the bounce and is a poor defender. He barely got any burn during Roselle Catholic's playoff run.

I really like how Richards has been progressing this spring. Plays hard on both ends and is now utilizing go to moves in the post. Will be interesting to see how things play out here, because there is some chatter that he could wait until next spring to decide.

I really like how Richards has been progressing this spring. Plays hard on both ends and is now utilizing go to moves in the post. Will be interesting to see how things play out here, because there is some chatter that he could wait until next spring to decide.
Dean, is Darryl Watkins a reasonable comparison? One of our most overlooked former centers, better than average athlete, long, slow developing offensively, but rim protector from the get-go.

The fast improvements that he has made in his game surpasses Mookie Watkins. He has some Tristan Thompson in him these days.
In my head that means high energy offensive rebounder who tries hard on d, but doesn't exactly protect the rim. But good lateral movement. Is Richards not n elite rim protector?

In my head that means high energy offensive rebounder who tries hard on d, but doesn't exactly protect the rim. But good lateral movement. Is Richards not n elite rim protector?
Making a comparison imho doesn't mean the player has to be 100% like the player being compared to. Richards is a much better rim protector than TT, but not quite as strong. He plays hard as hell on both ends of the floor and has made a killing in pick n roll run out finishes inside. Probably does it better than any big man in the 2017 class.

Making a comparison imho doesn't mean the player has to be 100% like the player being compared to. Richards is a much better rim protector than TT, but not quite as strong. He plays hard as hell on both ends of the floor and has made a killing in pick n roll run out finishes inside. Probably does it better than any big man in the 2017 class.

Sounds like an ideal fit for our system both offensively and defensively. He's still learning the game having only played organized ball for the last 3-4 years so developmentally he might be a tad behind some of the other big's in the class, which im hoping keeps the UK and Dukes of the world away long enough for us to work our magic. I would have no problem having him be our #1 big man target for 2017 and let the NBA Lite schools fight over the top 1-2 bigs in the class. As always thanks for the updates Mr. Dean! Keep 'em coming!

How do we feel about Richards? We're in the top 5, but are we in good shape? He hasn't visited us, yet, so I guess we'll await that.

Need some big time interior talent infusion soon!

How do we feel about Richards? We're in the top 5, but are we in good shape? He hasn't visited us, yet, so I guess we'll await that.

Need some big time interior talent infusion soon!

I'd say thats exactly it. We are in good shape but we need to get him to visit. I think the staff generally gets a much better feel for how its going when they get the kids to cone to SU for a couple of days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom