Class of 2022 - PG Jaden Bradley (NY/IMG) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Jaden Bradley (NY/IMG)

I'll take Judah returning instead but if he doesn't return... it's an interesting option.
I would prefer Judah too but it sure looks to me as though the staff is interested in adding a 3rd high end guard.

Hoping that is the case anyway.

His first name begins with a J, which apparently is a primary consideration these days.

Hearing we may be a player here. No idea if we take him, but I’d keep an eye out.
More of a Rochester connection (self acknowledgment) that most might know.

A self-professed “Rochester kid,” ...

Also, with what happened in Alabama, I doubt that NIL is as much of a factor in this instance. Strictly basketball, perhaps? Should be interesting to watch.

I would prefer Judah too but it sure looks to me as though the staff is interested in adding a 3rd high end guard.

His first name begins with a J, which apparently is a primary consideration these days.

Good point. A fresh start of a big time talent certainly would be a fitting way to add another guard. A chance to have a role close to home and be a piece for the future too.

Last edited:

I was going to ask if anyone knows if the staff is looking for a portal guard to replace Judah or to play along Judah and JJ?

It's probably best to get one just in case Judah leaves, and then just play 3 guards if Judah stays. That's the safest option, and works well for today's game.

Would Bradley play PG and Judah and JJ off ball? Would we have 3 guards who all play better on-ball though? Wondering about fit. Would be electric though and insane things could happen at any moment.

Judah, JJ and Bradley backcourt -- each with first round draft potential. I don't believe Cuse has ever had 3 first-rounders in one draft. Not that it would be likely all 3 would go first round next year, but that would be an insane story that would set the program ablaze.

Hearing we may be a player here. No idea if we take him, but I’d keep an eye out.
Could this be somewhat of a hedge in case Judah goes the NBA route? Very highly rated PG seems to have had his minutes fall off towards the end of the year. 31.8% 3pt shooter on low volume, game seems kind of similar to Judah's on paper.

We are potentially losing 37 shots a game if Joe/Jesse/Judah all leave.

Joe is already gone, and he took the most shots last year.

We should be able to attract at least 2 more high level guys in addition to JJ. Hopefully those 2 are Judah and Jesse. But regardless, even if we lose Judah and Jesse, we will be able to entice other level guys to come here. Could be Bradley or Estrada or someone who maybe isn’t even out there yet.

Hey if the kids mom and dad thought he needed to be closer to home so they can keep a closer eye then great for Syracuse. Think about all the 4 and 5 stars who want to come back NE after a year via portal. Red could find a ton of success going down that road.

We are potentially losing 37 shots a game if Joe/Jesse/Judah all leave.

Joe is already gone, and he took the most shots last year.

We should be able to attract at least 2 more high level guys in addition to JJ. Hopefully those 2 are Judah and Jesse. But regardless, even if we lose Judah and Jesse, we will be able to entice other level guys to come here. Could be Bradley or Estrada or someone who maybe isn’t even out there yet.
We have feelers out to Westerly. I am more concerned about the 5 if Jesse goes. With JT, and Q I hope we can make do at guard. Scoring will need to come with drives and fast breaks. The old way.

Could this be somewhat of a hedge in case Judah goes the NBA route? Very highly rated PG seems to have had his minutes fall off towards the end of the year. 31.8% 3pt shooter on low volume, game seems kind of similar to Judah's on paper.

Certainly could be.

Or it could be that the staff is targeting a "local" who was highly rated, and they perceive as being someone they might be able to pull.

If Judah stays in the draft, this makes a lot of sense. I’m still hoping Judah returns next season, but this would be a very good Plan B.

Even if Judah comes back this guy would be a take. 3 guard offense, 120 available per game. A 4 guard rotation is 30 minutes per. I mean imagine Judah, Jj, Westry and Jaden as a rotation. My Gawwwwd that would be filthy. Opposing coaches would be like
4FB986DD-AA3C-43EA-ABAD-2931C8A118DA.gif

Can he shoot at all? I saw nothing but drives to the basket and guys playing about six feet off of him.

I was going to ask if anyone knows if the staff is looking for a portal guard to replace Judah or to play along Judah and JJ?

It's probably best to get one just in case Judah leaves, and then just play 3 guards if Judah stays. That's the safest option, and works well for today's game.
The safest option of you're the coach is to leave your exact planned lineup nebulous so you can recruit whomever you want.

If you can get another 5 star talent at forward, then you planned a three forward lineup, another terrific guard, then three guards is the plan. If it's a center, then a traditional lineup... And we never planned to press much anyway.

Red is extremely flexible in what he can do with recruiting right now.