Class of 2022 - PG Jaden Bradley (NY/IMG) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Jaden Bradley (NY/IMG)

Would Bradley play PG and Judah and JJ off ball? Would we have 3 guards who all play better on-ball though? Wondering about fit. Would be electric though and insane things could happen at any moment.
We would run the weave better than any team besides the Globe Trotters.

Apparently he moved to North Carolina when he was in elementary school so it’s a fair assumption to say he grew up in North Carolina
Counter-point: He moved in 6th grade, meaning he was about 11, almost 12. He is now 19. Thus he has spent more of his life growing up in upstate NY than in NC. I don't care about any of this so you can be right here if it matters to you.

Last edited:
Counter-point: He moved in 6th grade, meaning he was about 11, almost 12. He is now 19. Thus he has spent more of his life growing up in upstate NY than in NC. I don't care about any of this so you can be right here if it matters to you.
Wasn’t aware he moved to NC that late, that’s a good point.

It’s tough to say he should “come home to upstate NY” if he doesn’t have immediate family there (again not entirely sure) but ACC gives plenty of opportunities to play in NC.

The safest option of you're the coach is to leave your exact planned lineup nebulous so you can recruit whomever you want.

If you can get another 5 star talent at forward, then you planned a three forward lineup, another terrific guard, then three guards is the plan. If it's a center, then a traditional lineup... And we never planned to press much anyway.

Red is extremely flexible in what he can do with recruiting right now.
This is absolutely correct. And well said.

Red will never have a similar pitch to offer.

I feel like Copeland and Westry project as forwards for us.

Agreed. Copeland is already a strong kid - hit the weight room a bit harder and he is perfect as a point forward type.

The safest option of you're the coach is to leave your exact planned lineup nebulous so you can recruit whomever you want.

If you can get another 5 star talent at forward, then you planned a three forward lineup, another terrific guard, then three guards is the plan. If it's a center, then a traditional lineup... And we never planned to press much anyway.

Red is extremely flexible in what he can do with recruiting right now.

Great post and spot on. You wanna play fast, be physical and attack. Many combinations you can accomplish that with so get the best talent and depth and get to work.

Red's pitch would probably be more to the parents than anyone. Cuse has a great group of guys who have never been in trouble, there's less trouble to find in Syracuse than Alabama, the program has a family atmosphere and look out for each other, and the staff will personally keep an eye on him.

His parents have to be besides themself about what happened at Alabama. His Dad is a police officer, I believe.

I would prefer Judah too but it sure looks to me as though the staff is interested in adding a 3rd high end guard.

Hoping that is the case anyway.

His first name begins with a J, which apparently is a primary consideration these days.
Adding a 3rd high end guard like Bradley looks like the smart play. If Judah leaves, you have proven options in JJ and Bradley. And if Judah stays, that's a really dynamic interchangeable trio that could also play together if Red goes small.

Adding a 3rd high end guard like Bradley looks like the smart play. If Judah leaves, you have proven options in JJ and Bradley. And if Judah stays, that's a really dynamic interchangeable trio that could also play together if Red goes small.
I think that we all have to get used to the notion of depth and an array of talent. It all spills into playing 9-10 guys and offering different looks. We did that in 2011-12 with the Scoop-Triche-MCW-Waiters backcourt. Let alone having Sutherland come off the bench and Rak/Fab splitting minutes.

This is all going to look and feel very different starting next year. For the last decade or so, our formula for victory was a 7-man (maybe 8) rotation combined with JAB's in-game coaching acumen (which was well, well above average).

Rather, let's get talent in the program and let it sift itself out, ideally resulting in a variety of talents that will provide our opponents with different/difficult matchup challenges.

That is how Red is going to win game, at least as I see it.

I think that we all have to get used to the notion of depth and an array of talent. It all spills into playing 9-10 guys and offering different looks. We did that in 2011-12 with the Scoop-Triche-MCW-Waiters backcourt. Let alone having Sutherland come off the bench and Rak/Fab splitting minutes.

This is all going to look and feel very different starting next year. For the last decade or so, our formula for victory was a 7-man (maybe 8) rotation combined with JAB's in-game coaching acumen (which was well, well above average).

Rather, let's get talent in the program and let it sift itself out, ideally resulting in a variety of talents that will provide our opponents with different/difficult matchup challenges.

That is how Red is going to win game, at least as I see it.
Agreed

At a minimum, we will be more difficult to scout.

Okay I’m getting excited. We need this type of player on our roster again. Judah has a similar vibe as him really, but Bradley is a little more stout. Best guard rotation in ACC if we had Judah, jj, Bradley wow.

"Bradley is a former five-star recruit whose situation reminds me of Davion Mitchell when he transferred from Auburn to Baylor. If Bradley puts in the work and ends up in the right system, he could explode like Mitchell did. Like Mitchell at the time, Bradley has defensive potential, elite speed with the ball and concerns about his shooting. Bradley actually put up better numbers as a freshman, averaging 6.4 points and 3.1 assists in 19.8 minutes per game. He made the all-freshman team in the SEC and started 22 games but saw his minutes decline late in the season. He didn’t shoot it great (31.8 percent from 3), struggled to finish at the rim and had his share of sloppy turnovers, but some of that is playing in the SEC as a freshman. His passing is where he’s probably furthest along right now. He has a good sense for how to set up teammates and find people when he’s on the move. He has tools to become a pro if the shooting improves. He needs to get into a program with a good track record of player development, and maybe he has a similar career arc as Mitchell."

Good analysis and a very positive outlook on Bradley here.

"Bradley is a former five-star recruit whose situation reminds me of Davion Mitchell when he transferred from Auburn to Baylor. If Bradley puts in the work and ends up in the right system, he could explode like Mitchell did. Like Mitchell at the time, Bradley has defensive potential, elite speed with the ball and concerns about his shooting. Bradley actually put up better numbers as a freshman, averaging 6.4 points and 3.1 assists in 19.8 minutes per game. He made the all-freshman team in the SEC and started 22 games but saw his minutes decline late in the season. He didn’t shoot it great (31.8 percent from 3), struggled to finish at the rim and had his share of sloppy turnovers, but some of that is playing in the SEC as a freshman. His passing is where he’s probably furthest along right now. He has a good sense for how to set up teammates and find people when he’s on the move. He has tools to become a pro if the shooting improves. He needs to get into a program with a good track record of player development, and maybe he has a similar career arc as Mitchell."

Good analysis and a very positive outlook on Bradley here.

Look at how much better Judah was by end of the season. That's a nice feather in the guard development cap. More I read up on this kid the more I hope this is a legit possibility.

Okay I’m getting excited. We need this type of player on our roster again. Judah has a similar vibe as him really, but Bradley is a little more stout. Best guard rotation in ACC if we had Judah, jj, Bradley wow.

Relentless on both ends. Let's make it happen

I’d like to know what Red’s plan is if Judah doesn’t come back. He said he has a plan if he stays or if he goes.