Class of 2021 - PG Jaquan Carlos (NY) TRANSFERING TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PG Jaquan Carlos (NY) TRANSFERING TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24)

Well 2 more roster spots are open and certainly had to be NIL money still available can’t imagine this was an expensive get

I don't think it will be about roster spots at this point but more NIL money and minutes available. If we have 8-9 players we are planning on playing then there isn't many minutes available for a transfer.

This kid is going to play his heart out for this program..he's not a diva..it's not all about him. He wants to be here. Let's show the city kid some love
He is a pure point guard and a good one. When was the last time we had a point guard with a 3-1 assist to TO ratio against Duke? Ok this kid did that 1X and maybe we have had someone do it recently, but the point is he can play

1) Leffew is still in play. No guarantee we get him but he is still very much a possibility
2) Carlos is aware of this
3) People might be disappointed by this but Carlos is a VERY good defender, he’s a PURE point guard. Pass first guy. Good but not great shooter. We don’t need a pure scorer at PG. We have Starling, Bell, Freeman, Davis, Lampkin and Westry. Getting the ball in the basket is not going to be an issue. This guy knows how to get the ball to the right guys and is an ELITE passer and very good playmaker. Between Carlos, Davis and Lampkin the staff has added 3 VERY GOOD passers at their positions. Ball movement seems to be a point of emphasis for Autry this off-season.

Now if we still get Leffew and Carlos is the first guard off the bench…you have an extremely good guard rotation to go with a very good forward/center rotation. If we get Leffew and Westry stays healthy this season we are a top 4 ACC team. Book it

This kid is going to play his heart out for this program..he's not a diva..it's not all about him. He wants to be here. Let's show the city kid some love
The same could have been said about Symir and he didn’t do much of anything for us. This team is likely in trouble if were going into the season with Carlos as our starting pg. Not very confident in him running the point at the ACC level

He's a point guard.

Good AST%. A negative offensive BPM for his career. Mediocre defensive stats.
Basically a slightly better shooter than Judah.

Played for Claxton so I'm sure he got some good PG tricks.

I don't know. Obviously doesn't bl0w me a way, but Leffew didn't either. As a facilitator, could help this team
He had mediocre defensive stats but was somehow an all conference defender?

Was 60th nationally in assist rate last season, a good defender (at least by the numbers) and capable 3FG shooter, automatic at the FT line though he doesn't get there often, and has turned in decent games against power conference or similar teams.

The turnovers give me a little pause, but all in all I think Autry did well here. I have a hard time believing Carlos came here to be anything less than the primary PG after playing a ton of minutes last season, but I suppose it's possible.

1) Leffew is still in play. No guarantee we get him but he is still very much a possibility
2) Carlos is aware of this
3) People might be disappointed by this but Carlos is a VERY good defender, he’s a PURE point guard. Pass first guy. Good but not great shooter. We don’t need a pure scorer at PG. We have Starling, Bell, Freeman, Davis, Lampkin and Westry. Getting the ball in the basket is not going to be an issue. This guy knows how to get the ball to the right guys and is an ELITE passer and very good playmaker. Between Carlos, Davis and Lampkin the staff has added 3 VERY GOOD passers at their positions. Ball movement seems to be a point of emphasis for Autry this off-season.

Now if we still get Leffew and Carlos is the first guard off the bench…you have an extremely good guard rotation to go with a very good forward/center rotation. If we get Leffew and Westry stays healthy this season we are a top 4 ACC team. Book it

Leffew can slide to the 2 and the wing if needed as well. There are minutes for him besides just at PG this good minutes for a guy like Carlos

a lot to like about this...but a little wary of his lack of height...

Was 60th nationally in assist rate last season, a good defender (at least by the numbers) and capable 3FG shooter, automatic at the FT line though he doesn't get there often, and has turned in decent games against power conference or similar teams.

The turnovers give me a little pause, but all in all I think Autry did well here. I have a hard time believing Carlos came here to be anything less than the primary PG after playing a ton of minutes last season, but I suppose it's possible.

Depends on the sales pitch and style of play honestly. Maybe Red is better at this player management thing than folks think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom