Class of 2021 - PG Jaquan Carlos (NY) TRANSFERING TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PG Jaquan Carlos (NY) TRANSFERING TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24)

The Rothstein tweet reads to me that he's not necessarily coming here to start. I've made it known how I feel about Carlos throughout the message board. He's the type of player that coaches like Autry love IMO. Plays hard, pushes tempo but is smart enough to slow it down when we don't have numbers, and is simply a very unselfish player that would rather set his teammates up than score.

I wouldn't have very high expectations of his jumper; it isn't broken or anything but he's been average at best thus far in his career and while he doesn't turn the ball over, I do think he can tighten his handle a little more but I think this is a great addition if he comes off the bench. If he's our starter...I'm skeptical but he's at least a point guard.

If Leffew comes here, I think Carlos and Leffew would play really well off of each other. I don't at all expect Red to move JJ to the bench, but I wouldn't be surprised if a Carlos/Leffew backcourt ends up being our best pairing.

The same could have been said about Symir and he didn’t do much of anything for us. This team is likely in trouble if were going into the season with Carlos as our starting pg. Not very confident in him running the point at the ACC level

How many games have you watched him play?

This guy knows how to get the ball to the right guys and is an ELITE passer and very good playmaker. Between Carlos, Davis and Lampkin the staff has added 3 VERY GOOD passers at their positions. Ball movement seems to be a point of emphasis for Autry this off-season.
would LOVE to see the stagnant iso offense go extinct...seems good chance of that now

also all 3 portal adds averaged double figure scoring last year...this team will not struggle on offense at all, imo

boom smile GIF

The Rothstein tweet reads to me that he's not necessarily coming here to start. I've made it known how I feel about Carlos throughout the message board. He's the type of player that coaches like Autry love IMO. Plays hard, pushes tempo but is smart enough to slow it down when we don't have numbers, and is simply a very unselfish player that would rather set his teammates up than score.

I wouldn't have very high expectations of his jumper; it isn't broken or anything but he's been average at best thus far in his career and while he doesn't turn the ball over, I do think he can tighten his handle a little more but I think this is a great addition if he comes off the bench. If he's our starter...I'm skeptical but he's at least a point guard.

If Leffew comes here, I think Carlos and Leffew would play really well off of each other. I don't at all expect Red to move JJ to the bench, but I wouldn't be surprised if a Carlos/Leffew backcourt ends up being our best pairing.

We’ve been hurt by not having enough options who were both bought in or could change the game due to a bad matchup. No more worrying about hurt feelings- sell the vision and put a much better team together and everyone looks better and it works out for both team and individual.

Leffew can slide to the 2 and the wing if needed as well. There are minutes for him besides just at PG this good minutes for a guy like Carlos
This would have to be the sales pitch. You'll have the ball in your hands sometimes but can slide to 1-3 depending on the opponent and situation to get your minutes.

Lafeww starts at the 1, JJ at the 2

Carlos will be the 1 when he’s on the floor, but then Lafeww can slide over to the 2 without losing size.

Westry adds an interesting dynamic as well to the PG duties, but you can’t put that pressure on him yet.

We always needed someone like Carlos. He we had 0 PGs on the roster. And he pairs nicely with Lafeww.

Those 3 plus Moore (and Westry) is a really, really good backcourt.

I think Red was waiting for Reynolds, but I think he’ll quickly move to Carlos + Lafeww

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom