Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB won't start a three-guard rotation, it's antithetical to the zone.
Yeah I agree. I don’t think Symir will start. I’m just saying he’ll be the 3rd guard like he is this year. 1st one off the bench

JB won't start a three-guard rotation, it's antithetical to the zone.
I don't want him to either. the problem with a 3 guard offense is that it is a 3 guard defense. Zone or no zone. We need guys that can actually play each position on the floor. When we have that, we are always good. Our best teams have a pt guard. A shooting guard. A swing forward. A power forward and a center. Not a forward playing center. Not a 2 guard playing pt. And honestly, it shouldn't be that hard to get that.

He's lying. He says things like that. He also says we are going to play more guys. He might even mean it. Right up until the games start.

Along those same lines, I love how people make attributions about what the ACs will do, based upon comments.

"Red will play more man..." Sure, based upon what evidence?

Because Mike Hopkins said the same exact thing vis a vis UW, then resorted to playing 99.9% zone.

Along those same lines, I love how people make attributions about what the ACs will do, based upon comments.

"Red will play more man..." Sure, based upon what evidence?

Because Mike Hopkins said the same exact thing vis a vis UW, then resorted to playing 99.9% zone.
Based on what we've seen this year, I feel like our assistant coaches don't know how to coach at all. Our players don't even know how to inbound the ball. The offense is either Buddy or Jimmy backing down their guy. I don't see an offense. And, we all know about the defense. So, are the players uncoachable or are the coaches terrible? I know I am wrong, I am sure they are great coaches, I must have blind faith. Ah, screw that, I would rather have an up and coming coach that can recruit and bring an exciting brand of basketball to the dome. Thanks for all you've done JB, I truly appreciate it. But, it's time to hand the keys over to someone new so that he can take Syracuse Basketball back to the heights. It isn't all about continuing JB's legacy. This is about Syracuse basketball.

Based on what we've seen this year, I feel like our assistant coaches don't know how to coach at all. Our players don't even know how to inbound the ball. The offense is either Buddy or Jimmy backing down their guy. I don't see an offense. And, we all know about the defense. So, are the players uncoachable or are the coaches terrible? I know I am wrong, I am sure they are great coaches, I must have blind faith. Ah, screw that, I would rather have an up and coming coach that can recruit and bring an exciting brand of basketball to the dome. Thanks for all you've done JB, I truly appreciate it. But, it's time to hand the keys over to someone new so that he can take Syracuse Basketball back to the heights. It isn't all about continuing JB's legacy. This is about Syracuse basketball.
Just finished watching the USC game and Andy Enfield would bring an exciting brand of basketball back to the dome. With the right talent and his high octane offense, we could see a resurgence of 80s and 90s Syracuse basketball

I have an idea -- let's promote one of the to head coach! What could possibly go wrong?

He’ll be a starting guard here next year. Book it. I actually really like a 3 guard rotation of Mintz, Girard and Symir. They all bring a little something different to the table. Tbh Mintz is exactly what we needed this year. A playmaker that can break someone down 1 on 1 and get the ball to our shooters. It’ll be good to have Copeland redshirt/get spot minutes for a year as he’ll need to adjust to being the primary ball handler. I like our guard situation. If Cole stays and Benny takes a step up next year. We will be a top 15 team

Mintz
Girard Symir and Taylor
Benny
Cole Bunch and Brown
Jesse Frank

That’s a pretty good rotation and depth. Definitely an upgrade talent wise and athleticism wise. You have options with multiple skill sets at each position
Don’t sleep on Carey

OK, I'm done. You are all presumably adults (although at times, I have my doubts). I have made 3 warnings in this thread about keeping on topic.

Take all the other sh!! to the main board.

Or you'll be reading and only reading about Judah Mintz.

/bad dad rant

The main reason Clark decommitted was due to Sahvir Wheeler most likely coming back. Their won’t be a lot of PT at PG next year - they have a few kids coming in too.

Judah is in line for 30+mpg here
I think UK's new recruiting strategy is going for only top 15-20 HS kids and then filling needs through the transfer portal.

I think UK's new recruiting strategy is going for only top 15-20 HS kids and then filling needs through the transfer portal.
If they are smart, they would try to have as many guys as they can return for at least a second year. Obviously the sure fire first rounders will jump, but second year players will make a huge difference there.

We have 11 guys as far as I can tell...

G Quadir Copeland, Symir Torrence
G Joe Girard, Justin Taylor
F Chris Bunch
F Benny Williams, Maliq Brown, Jon Bol Ajak
C Jessie Edwards, Frank Anselem, Peter Carey

Obviously only 8 of those guys will play the bold guys are probably odd men out. One glaring issue here - their unproven besides Edwards and Girard none of these guys have ever done anything in a game worth a darn thing. Screw it. Get the guy that provides ball handling, scoring, athleticism, 0 of these guys are uber athletic jump off the page recruits or current players. Mintz adds scoring, passing, and shooting skills. I can tell transfers are just waiting to happen with this roster. This class could be a game changer with this guy.

We have 11 guys as far as I can tell...

G Quadir Copeland, Symir Torrence
G Joe Girard, Justin Taylor
F Chris Bunch
F Benny Williams, Maliq Brown, Jon Bol Ajak
C Jessie Edwards, Frank Anselem, Peter Carey

Obviously only 8 of those guys will play the bold guys are probably odd men out. One glaring issue here - their unproven besides Edwards and Girard none of these guys have ever done anything in a game worth a darn thing. Screw it. Get the guy that provides ball handling, scoring, athleticism, 0 of these guys are uber athletic jump off the page recruits or current players. Mintz adds scoring, passing, and shooting skills. I can tell transfers are just waiting to happen with this roster. This class could be a game changer with this guy.
You forgot Chas Owens which makes 12. If we add Judah Mintz, it will be 13. If Buddy or Jim or Cole stay, it will still be 13 because they will not count against the scholarship total just like Sidibe did not account this year.

Btw, I am not advocate any of last 3 staying.

You forgot Chas Owens which makes 12. If we add Judah Mintz, it will be 13. If Buddy or Jim or Cole stay, it will still be 13 because they will not count against the scholarship total just like Sidibe did not account this year.

Btw, I do not advocate any of last 3 staying.

Btw, I am not advocate any of last 3 staying.
Chaz is a walk-on that was granted a scholarship because scholarships were available, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom