Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mintz > Copeland. By a lot.
But I am sure JB told Cope he was it at PG, and then he wouldn’t be. There was a report SU was checking in with Copeland first. Just asking the ?

Wow. The program is sinking like the Titanic.
Something is seriously wrong when we lose a recruit to DePaul.
He said likely announce in early April so something changed that "increased his sense of clarity and urgency".
Fearless leader needs to hit the portal fast and hard or next year going to be worse than this year.
Just a note, syracuse isn’t the only one who missed on him if he goes to DePaul…

Just a note, syracuse isn’t the only one who missed on him if he goes to DePaul…
When we’re recruiting against DePaul, Wake, and someone else I don’t even remember, we should win out.

This isn’t Kentucky or Duke swooping in on us, which used to be the biggest frustration. These are bad-mediocre programs that nobody cares about.

The DePaul board says a new assistant coach is bringing in all these recruits that do not belong at DePaul.

He is an older guy with a weight problem, a receding hairline and bad teeth.

Maybe we should recruit the assistant coach. He's got connections right in our most productive area.

When we’re recruiting against DePaul, Wake, and someone else I don’t even remember, we should win out.

This isn’t Kentucky or Duke swooping in on us, which used to be the biggest frustration. These are bad-mediocre programs that nobody cares about.
Boy, just wait until you see what programs DePaul beat out for Cruz…

If im him in these days thats just a bad publicity start - I would immediately cut out DePaul.

Adonal Foyle picked Colgate over us. Zion Cruz picked DePaul over above average programs that people do care about. Weird things happen.

Of greater concern is the overconfidence of our coaching staff. We could put together an all-star team of players who were supposedly coming here.

Adonal Foyle picked Colgate over us. Zion Cruz picked DePaul over above average programs that people do care about. Weird things happen.

Of greater concern is the overconfidence of our coaching staff. We could put together an all-star team of players who were supposedly coming here.

Adonal Foyle's foster family steered him to Colgate.

What if Copeland said no redshirting if we signed Mintz and would want out if we did?
I would say to both Mintz and Copeland the minutes are there for both of them and they can compete for it. Symir takes some minutes, Copland and Mintz take up the rest depending on match up and practices. Reduce Joe's minutes at the 2 to 20-25 and slide Mintz over to the 2.

I would say to both Mintz and Copeland the minutes are there for both of them and they can compete for it. Symir takes some minutes, Copland and Mintz take up the rest depending on match up and practices. Reduce Joe's minutes at the 2 to 20-25 and slide Mintz over to the 2.
This all sounds reasonable but then I lol because we know how Boeheim do he already has decided the minutes next season.

Adonal Foyle's foster family steered him to Colgate.

I kind of remember that. Shouldn’t advice like that have disqualified them from serving as a foster family in the future.

Yep that line has worked for JB this last decade…you can come in and compete…it doesnt work like that anymore unfortunately

Did that guy really do that great at Maryland? I know they’ve been good but I don’t remember super classes.
Some key notes taken from his bio...

Ranson played a major role in helping Maryland sign five consecutive top-25 recruiting classes in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Ranson was critical in helping Maryland secure a top-10 recruiting class in 2018, leading the recruiting efforts to sign five-star McDonald’s All-American Jalen Smith out of Mount Saint Joseph’s High School in Baltimore. In addition, Ranson directed the recruiting efforts for Darryl Morsell from the class of 2017, a four-star recruit out of Mount Saint Joseph’s.

Ranson has helped develop eight NBA Draft selections while at Maryland: Alex Len, Jordan Williams, Jake Layman, Diamond Stone, Kevin Huerter, Justin Jackson, Bruno Fernando and Jalen Smith.

Ranson has strong ties to the Baltimore-Washington area, having grown up in the area and coached for two seasons at St. Frances Academy in Baltimore.

Considered an outstanding recruiter, he helped bring in excellent classes at James Madison, Marist and Xavier. Ranson helped land Jay Gavin at Marist, who went on to become the MAAC Rookie of the Year.

Among the players Ranson worked with at the AAU level are Sean Mosley and Juan Dixon of Maryland, Ricky Harris of Massachusetts, Jermaine Dixon of Pittsburgh and Donte Greene of Syracuse.

I know we’re just theorizing and speculating, but given what we know about how freshman can look compared to their hype, you really think this is a likely projection? Set aside the Boeheim gripes. You think Joe will play 20-25 minutes?

I know we’re just theorizing and speculating, but given what we know about how freshman can look compared to their hype, you really think this is a likely projection? Set aside the Boeheim gripes. You think Joe will play 20-25 minutes?
Good Joe can play 35 minutes, bad Joe can play 15 minutes.

This is what I am guessing he has to say to Copeland and Mintz to get them intetested. Symir, Copeland and Mintz can play the 1, and Joe, Mintz and Taylor can play the 2.

If we say JB will do the same as he did with Joe the last three years, then what does he say? Joe will stay at the 1 for 38 minutes, and Symir, Copeland and Mintz will split the last 2?

If we say JB will do the same as he did with Joe the last three years, then what does he say? Joe will stay at the 1 for 38 minutes, and Symir, Copeland and Mintz will split the last 2?
Yes.

Good Joe can play 35 minutes, bad Joe can play 15 minutes.
Under no circumstances should any player not named Pearl, Sherm, DC, Melo, et al…EVER play 35 minutes per game.
The utter fail by JB in putting together a viable roster and bench, is unconscionable.
We first heard the Ironman philosophy was because of sanctions, then in a stunning bit of self-fulfilling prophecy, it became about players not being “ready”.
I think JB wants to play 5-6 guys max, and really doesn’t give a dam otherwise. He sets his rotation, and that’s it. If you’re one of the anointed, you decide to stay. If not, you jump in the portal and leave. That’s the reality.

I could see us picking up some combination of locals like Mika Adams-Woods, Andre Jackson and/or Lance Ware. This is the extent of JB recruiting.

This type of low hanging fruit, easy recruiting is what we accomplished last year with Jimmy Jr, Cole, & Symir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom