Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't hide our players well enough then. The notion that the zone "hides" unathletic players is just a myth from the pre-3 point line era.
No, it's not a myth. Basically less athletic players, who couldn't possibly keep up with way more athletic players, can defend a much smaller zone than the more athletic players around them. But, you can't populate the zone with four such players. The only time it is really beneficial is when that less athletic player is very skilled offensively, like Buddy.

If Judah and JG3 were our starting guards (with JM at the 1 and JG3 finally playing his best position at the 2) with Symir and either Taylor or Quadir getting minutes off the bench we could have a really good backcourt next season. It could be a real strength.

It’d still be good have a decent backup 2 option for joe’s off nights, which I think is a role JM would fill
I think Judah would have to start. In order to get him, we may have to assure him that he would start. Assuming that would be alongside Joe. But, Symir could come in for either starter. It would be a great three man rotation at guard. Also, early in the season, we could test other guys at guard like Taylor, Copeland and Bunch. With a full roster, we would have better practices and more flexibility. We could press again...effectively, with length and athleticism. Even if it were for 5 minutes in each half with more of the young guys. All I know is, I am excited for next season. I know there will be many changes over the next few months, that is also exciting.

Mintz, joe SY Cole jesse Benny frank and the five freshmen is a nice team

Frank really improved over the course of the season. Hope he stays.

Not saying he won't, but I could see him maybe looking toward greener pastures where he can start.

I think he might be able to play WITH Jesse next year. But maybe with Jesse sliding to 4. Otherwise, I don't see him coming back to be a backup again.

Not saying he won't, but I could see him maybe looking toward greener pastures where he can start.

I think he might be able to play WITH Jesse next year. But maybe with Jesse sliding to 4. Otherwise, I don't see him coming back to be a backup again.
If he’s a backup, it would be nice if he could backup both spots and play starters minutes.

We’ve gotta stop being so inflexible with what we do. This team stinks, but it doesn’t have to. There’s zero reason that a Frank Anselem should move on because he won’t play enough. Friggin play him! The hell else are we clinging to? He can play 10-12 mpg at both the 4 and and 5.

Nothing in today's game changed the fact that getting Mintz would be absolutely huge for the program. He would instantly be our best guard and maybe best player.
Every year we anoint some kid the chosen one and almost without fail recently they fall on their face and transfer out. Hopefully Mintz is that guy but I’ll take the wait and see approach.

lol you think Mintz would come here to be a back up to Torrence or Girard?
No, I think he could play the 2 in place of Joe when he’s not playing well leaving plenty of minutes for symir

489E070F-6DD2-4627-80A3-58CE576D8972.jpeg

Nothing in today's game changed the fact that getting Mintz would be absolutely huge for the program. He would instantly be our best guard and maybe best player.
I hope he saw today’s game and recognized how dynamic, exciting, and passionate our team can be. And that he would instantly be a catalyst toward reclaiming our identity as a ‘showtime’ squad.

I’d love to see them play together, but for that to happen one of them has to develop a shot outside five feet. That’s the key to Jesse and/or Frank playing in the NBA too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom