Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, the temple kid is a guard. Cruz is a guard. Mintz is a guard. Their best guard is returning. They had a top 75 player sit out last year due to academics I believe and he is a guard. They are bringing in the 6th ranked JUCO who is a guard. And now they have reached out to another JUCO guard named Washington who they visited. Lotta guards.
Interesting.

Yea I’m in the middle. Don’t have a feel one way or another except that it seems DePaul is going after a lot of guards and continues too so maybe they aren’t as confident. Fingers crossed.
They are. The other thing people might be missing here is there’s a lot of doubt as to whether Cruz ever makes it to a college campus. His recruitment has been one of a kind.

I like that we've gone from bemoaning the fact that we're only pursuing one guard while other schools pursue many to now using that same predicament as a kernel of optimism regarding our pursuit of Mintz.

Seriously though, if we do end up getting him, it would be a game changer for us, though I think we're probably still hoping for a bubble run in that scenario.

They are. The other thing people might be missing here is there’s a lot of doubt as to whether Cruz ever makes it to a college campus. His recruitment has been one of a kind.

More so than Dior??

K, now that is saying something.

I think the CB's have come from the fact that people close to Mintz want him to go to DePaul. Hey, he still might. But we are in this. I will know more in a little while. I'm thrilled to be still in the game because I like everyone else, thought our ship had sailed. I really want Mintz. I think with Mintz and Cole back, we will be okay. I know some are predicting a really bad team but I think we could be good. This past year, we played 2 2 guards and 2 31/2 forwards. Next year we at least will be closer to having a real team. And we should be better on defense. We would almost have to be. I'm jumping ahead now. We don't have Mintz and we aren't sure about Cole as of right now. But if things work out our way, we can at least be optimistic like the football team if things work our way.
And here I am opening myself back up to pain again…

Have you heard something new? You even said the other day it doesn’t look good. Put it this way when is the last time we pulled one out at the end where handlers were involved?
I have heard something today. Look, he may go to DePaul. If he does, I think the coaches will be a bit surprised and very disappointed. But that is the game they have chosen to play in life.

FWIW, the temple kid is a guard. Cruz is a guard. Mintz is a guard. Their best guard is returning. They had a top 75 player sit out last year due to academics I believe and he is a guard. They are bringing in the 6th ranked JUCO who is a guard. And now they have reached out to another JUCO guard named Washington who they visited. Lotta guards.
What the h-e-double hockey sticks is going on there?!?! I hope they are being upfront with Judah and his folks about their crowded backcourt.

FWIW - Rivals Analyst FutureCast for DePaul came in late last night. Will be interesting to keep an eye on that + crystal balls in coming days

You sure? I don’t see it. But I’m blind sometimes.

I will admit that I don’t spend a lot of time on this site but it looks like he has no offer from SU. So why all the chatter?

I will admit that I don’t spend a lot of time on this site but it looks like he has no offer from SU. So why all the chatter?

LOL he was offered awhile ago.

We are in his top 4 and from what most can tell it’s between us and DePaul

Big question here is will this be another example of the coaches not being on the same page with the recruit as far as where they are leaning? Seems like there have been multiple guys the last few years our coaches felt like they were in the lead for only to be left at the alter. I don’t doubt that the kid wants to play for Cuse, but we all know that so many factors come in to play with P5 recruiting these days. Unfortunately our coaches seem to be playing checkers while many other schools are playing chess. Hope they are really pushing NIL opportunities with Mintz. Adding a guard of his caliber is a must for next years roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom