Class of 2022 - PG 'Pop' Isaacs (CA) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG 'Pop' Isaacs (CA)

Only Buddy and Jimmy (and Bourama) should be jotted down to leave after this year, so as of now, we don’t have a scholarship open. The two centers Jess and Frank should stay and JBA/Chaz seem to be pretty much Orange at this point and both will finally see some opportunity opened for minutes next year, either at one of the forward spots or possibly the 2 for Chaz. I don’t see those guys leaving for a much lesser program, after they’ve put in all this work. Our two guards should be back next year Joe and Sy, plus the 2 incoming guards and 5 freshman total and then Benny. So you have to think if a scholarship opens, it would come from Cole being ready to play professionally / or Benny, which should mean that scholarship should be used for a forward.

Personally I think it would be too much of a gamble to use it on another freshman guard, when we could possibly really need another proven forward from the transfer portal, knowing that the forwards are most likely to leave, if anybody.
Agree on all, except I doubt Chaz is ever in the rotation

I like all info and appreciate it...I gotta go with Bees on this one though. Would love if we did get involved but It just doesn't make much sense from all parties involved...also look at his previous top 4.

Throwing shade? At who? I didn't say anything that was disrespectful, that goes against anybody else. What I was trying to tell you guys is that my source is literally helping Pop make his decision. But he just kept saying not happening like he ignored what I said. And then this whole fiasco happened from nothing. I don't get it. You guys treat me like dog because I'm a 16 year old in high school. And you wonder why people hate our fanbase is because we have no respect for one another, we can just talk and have separate opinions without someone taking a shot at another person. That is why I'm not gonna be posting anymore. Sorry that I didn't learn my "lesson"

Before you go, have your source tell Pop Pop to come here.

I like Cuse Country but I recall him saying coaches were pursuing TyTy Washington last year so not sure how accurate some of his stuff is

Let's knock off the information-shaming, OK?

Believe it or don't believe it.

But this practice is why posters with real information leave and never come back.

I am hoping we didn't lose this one.
IKTR!
salty-raining-salt.gif

Throwing shade? At who? I didn't say anything that was disrespectful, that goes against anybody else. What I was trying to tell you guys is that my source is literally helping Pop make his decision. But he just kept saying not happening like he ignored what I said. And then this whole fiasco happened from nothing. I don't get it. You guys treat me like dog because I'm a 16 year old in high school. And you wonder why people hate our fanbase is because we have no respect for one another, we can just talk and have separate opinions without someone taking a shot at another person. That is why I'm not gonna be posting anymore. Sorry that I didn't learn my "lesson"
Just a little advice: you’re right that everyone should be able to have their own opinions without being blasted and most posters do understand this, some do not and at your age it can probably be a little intimidating, but bees couple comments were not direct shots at you. If anything they were strong opinions, stated as facts, because on the surface this doesn’t make much sense to a lot of us. From a pure roster standpoint, getting in on another high school point guard just doesn’t seem right, there’s already 3 pg’s if he were to come here ahead of him, counting Q. JJ was a little different because he was a combo and pure scorer who we were after for a long time and our commits knew that. Going after another point guard out of the blue at this stage probably signals to our guys that staff is not trusting that they are good enough. If you feel you have a good source that we’re really after him or that Pop might be interested in coming here, then you should just remain confident in your info and wait till it plays out, because trying to convince us on this one is going to be very hard and if it turns out to be nothing, than it’s a bad look on you and your sources.

Omaha isn't a small town and the University of Nebraska is in Lincoln. Travel fog I guess.

Let's knock off the information-shaming, OK?

Believe it or don't believe it.

But this practice is why posters with real information leave and never come back.

I am hoping we didn't lose this one.
Why can’t posters who provide incorrect information be called out? Mentioning a poster’s track record allows us to decide how much weight to give to the information provided.
What‘s the harm in calling out people who post incorrect information and then losing them? If their information is always wrong is it really a loss?
I understand that recruiting is fluid and somebody might not necessarily be wrong with the information they post. Things change and what can be right one minute is wrong the next. But I can’t see any harm in tracking whose information turns out to be right and who’s information is consistently wrong.

Why can’t posters who provide incorrect information be called out? Mentioning a poster’s track record allows us to decide how much weight to give to the information provided.
What‘s the harm in calling out people who post incorrect information and then losing them? If their information is always wrong is it really a loss?
I understand that recruiting is fluid and somebody might not necessarily be wrong with the information they post. Things change and what can be right one minute is wrong the next. But I can’t see any harm in tracking whose information turns out to be right and who’s information is consistently wrong.
Because we've lost too many posters who have provided correct information 90% of the time.

Everyone gets one wrong every now and then.

Information-shaming (You got that one wrong/who is your source/etc.) won't be allowed.

You answered your own question. If someone has information the believe to be valid and isn't just trolling with bogus info, why would we need to "call them out." We're not getting the atomic weight of cobalt here, we're getting info on incredible fluid processes. Decisions and leanings of players can change hour by hour.

It’s not incorrect. Someone who is trusted said “A”. Another person told someone else “B”. The posters bring that information to us are both genuine and earnest. It’s not whether or not the British are coming by land or sea. It’s recruiting rumors.

Last edited:
you really gotta learn your place. If you do have sources awesome, congrats. Don’t go around trying to like flex you have sources no one cares this isn’t population contest. Everyone appreciates information but when you come into a place acting like your information is end all be all and you’re some important personto people who have had sources inside and outside the program you gotta sit down. Some of these guys have had these sources longer than your Instagram account and life itself have been living.
“Learn your place”? Is this serious?!?! We’re back in high school!

I can’t imagine a source inside the program would want to be widely identified. The information leaked may lead to the name of the insider. Not a good look for the program.BTW my grand children call me POPPOP maybe an omen.

You are the problem. Remember that

Only Buddy and Jimmy (and Bourama) should be jotted down to leave after this year, so as of now, we don’t have a scholarship open. The two centers Jess and Frank should stay and JBA/Chaz seem to be pretty much Orange at this point and both will finally see some opportunity opened for minutes next year, either at one of the forward spots or possibly the 2 for Chaz. I don’t see those guys leaving for a much lesser program, after they’ve put in all this work. Our two guards should be back next year Joe and Sy, plus the 2 incoming guards and 5 freshman total and then Benny. So you have to think if a scholarship opens, it would come from Cole being ready to play professionally / or Benny, which should mean that scholarship should be used for a forward.

Personally I think it would be too much of a gamble to use it on another freshman guard, when we could possibly really need another proven forward from the transfer portal, knowing that the forwards are most likely to leave, if anybody.
Chaz will be a 4 year bench player and will never crack the rotation. He is a 1 or 2 star player with very little upside, who is on the team because he is Billy's son (just like the Autry kid we had a couple of years ago). Seems like a good kid and decent practice player though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom