Class of 2022 - PG 'Pop' Isaacs (CA) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG 'Pop' Isaacs (CA)

Throwing shade? At who? I didn't say anything that was disrespectful, that goes against anybody else. What I was trying to tell you guys is that my source is literally helping Pop make his decision. But he just kept saying not happening like he ignored what I said. And then this whole fiasco happened from nothing. I don't get it. You guys treat me like dog because I'm a 16 year old in high school. And you wonder why people hate our fanbase is because we have no respect for one another, we can just talk and have separate opinions without someone taking a shot at another person. That is why I'm not gonna be posting anymore. Sorry that I didn't learn my "lesson"
I enjoy reading your comments, and don't care that you're 16 and have some "misses" as well as "hits". Keep posting.

Chaz will be a 4 year bench player and will never crack the rotation. He is a 1 or 2 star player with very little upside, who is on the team because he is Billy's son (just like the Autry kid we had a couple of years ago). Seems like a good kid and decent practice player though.

100% agree. When he got inserted into the LeMoyne game should demonstrate that.

BUT there's nothing wrong with that. He's a decent athlete with size -- good practice player, playing at his father's alma mater, for a HOF coach. He can contribute in that way without ever seeing the court.

Chaz will be a 4 year bench player and will never crack the rotation. He is a 1 or 2 star player with very little upside, who is on the team because he is Billy's son (just like the Autry kid we had a couple of years ago). Seems like a good kid and decent practice player though.
I agree and disagree with certain things, but all I was pointing out is that the opportunity will be there next year, whether or not he is able to capitalize on that opportunity is yet to be determined...but I think there’s a good chance both players ride their careers out at Syracuse.

What I would disagree about though, is Chaz Owens being equivalent to Adrian Autry Jr. I don’t think so at all. It would not surprise me if Chaz cracks the ‘rotation’ in his Orange career, meaning he contributes game minutes. Chaz has ‘some’ upside, he’s quick, athletic, good vertical, has dribble moves. If you saw the end of the last exhibition there was a couple sequences that showed his potential. One where he sprinted down the court past everyone from both teams, made a nice back door cut to the basket, but just failed to get synced up with the walk passing the ball. Also, the 2 points he scored, was from an offensive rebound and put back, jumping and finishing over another Le Moyne player. Both of these were really nice plays and showed that there’s potential here, especially as he becomes an upperclassman. Also he has 3 more years left not 2 after this year and while I’m not expecting big things or anything like that, I just feel it would be unwise to count him out. Yes he received a scholarship because he’s legacy, but Jim Boeheim still believed he’s good enough to progress into a player to receive that scholarship. Adrian Autry Jr did not receive a legacy scholarship and his dad was the associate head coach. I think this kid along with JBA prove to be worthy of their scholarships within their careers and next year will be as good as any to earn a few minutes, so we’ll see.

I’m optimist through and through, but in the few glimpses when I’ve seen Chaz play, I do see potential. I think it comes down to how hard he grinds behind the scenes and how bad this kid wants it. If he’s pushing himself with the rest of the gym rats on the team, which my gut says he is, I’d bet the over that he contributes in an Orange uniform.

Yes, Griff and him had some conversations from what I know. Didn't necessarily help that he blew up like crazy
For your age you are very mature and pretty astute. I appreciate your insights and general demeanor. Don’t let the haters win. Keep doing your thing!
Yup. I have a 14 year old son and the times are tough on you guys and girls growing up. Keep doing you and we appreciate the informative posts! Use this place as a source of entertainment and enjoyment and as already said, you are mature and a welcome poster.

I rarely come to the recruiting board but I stumbled into this thread and I see some head butting has broken out about some info. Cuse Countr posted some info, BEES posted his own info, and it got a little testy after that. No reason for that to happen. Just happily accept the info posted and treat most things as "maybe it will happen, maybe it won't" while believing posters who have credibility for you personally.

I myself have posted inside information occasionally and by "occasionally" I mean "never" because the only real inside info I have comes from the mid-1980's and is pretty much useless now. I mean, I'm probably the only SU fan that to this day doesn't know the inside story about Billy Edelin. So my current inside info is a tad lacking.

I will say, however, that I have "known" BEES from the SU boards for almost 30 years. We even went to the same high school a few years apart. Does that account for both of us being intelligent and handsome? Well, I don't know; you tell me. It would seem to make sense.

The point is that BEES' info is historically solid. For example, did you know that Spotwood was injured and perhaps still is even now? No? Well, BEES knew. He shared the info with us, it was correct, and let me tell you SU was thrilled about that. They were so thrilled they sent him a commendation. Or a Cease and Desist Order. Can't recall which because Old Uncle Dick doesn't remember as well as he used to. That point should be kept in mind in case I make a post about the night Dave Bing and I polished off 50 pizzas in one sitting at The Varsity. Maybe it happened and maybe it didn't, know what I'm saying?

The bottom line is that I totally believe BEES but it doesn't mean that other posters don't have their own sources that might be true for a moment in time. I only really pay attention once someone signs an LOI or (especially) gets on the court at SU.

By the way, the pizzas with Dave Bing were half plain cheese and half pepperoni.

You answered your own question. If someone has information the believe to be valid and isn't just trolling with bogus info, why would we need to "call them out." We're not getting the atomic weight of cobalt here, we're getting info on incredible fluid processes. Decisions and leanings of players can change hour by hour.
58.933195 u

Had to look it up. Not going to divulge my source though.

It was Google search. That's my source.

pop pop community GIF

I rarely come to the recruiting board but I stumbled into this thread and I see some head butting has broken out about some info. Cuse Countr posted some info, BEES posted his own info, and it got a little testy after that. No reason for that to happen. Just happily accept the info posted and treat most things as "maybe it will happen, maybe it won't" while believing posters who have credibility for you personally.

I myself have posted inside information occasionally and by "occasionally" I mean "never" because the only real inside info I have comes from the mid-1980's and is pretty much useless now. I mean, I'm probably the only SU fan that to this day doesn't know the inside story about Billy Edelin. So my current inside info is a tad lacking.

I will say, however, that I have "known" BEES from the SU boards for almost 30 years. We even went to the same high school a few years apart. Does that account for both of us being intelligent and handsome? Well, I don't know; you tell me. It would seem to make sense.

The point is that BEES' info is historically solid. For example, did you know that Spotwood was injured and perhaps still is even now? No? Well, BEES knew. He shared the info with us, it was correct, and let me tell you SU was thrilled about that. They were so thrilled they sent him a commendation. Or a Cease and Desist Order. Can't recall which because Old Uncle Dick doesn't remember as well as he used to. That point should be kept in mind in case I make a post about the night Dave Bing and I polished off 50 pizzas in one sitting at The Varsity. Maybe it happened and maybe it didn't, know what I'm saying?

The bottom line is that I totally believe BEES but it doesn't mean that other posters don't have their own sources that might be true for a moment in time. I only really pay attention once someone signs an LOI or (especially) gets on the court at SU.

By the way, the pizzas with Dave Bing were half plain cheese and half pepperoni.
In truth, you two were seen together at Cosmos Pizza. I know…I was delivering for them. Booth #5. And one of you guys had anchovies, too

Pop is in Lubbock on an unofficial visit this weekend…..

Last edited:
Third team all Big 12 as a sophomore. Also made Big 12 all fresh team.

Not efficient scoring. Shot 37.8% from 3 as a freshman but that dropped to 29.3% as a sophomore.

Shot 36.8% from the field as a freshman but that dropped to 34.9% as a sophomore. Not good.

Assist to turnover ratio is also not what you want,

Third team all Big 12 as a sophomore. Also made Big 12 all fresh team.

Not efficient scoring. Shot 37.8% from 3 as a freshman but that dropped to 29.3% as a sophomore.

Shot 36.8% from the field as a freshman but that dropped to 34.9% as a sophomore. Not good.

Assist to turnover ratio is also not what you want,

Wasnt there rumors he slept with a teammates underage(consent in the country wasn’t the same here I believe) sister at one of those preseason tournaments like Atlantis or something?

Wasnt there rumors he slept with a teammates underage(consent in the country wasn’t the same here I believe) sister at one of those preseason tournaments like Atlantis or something?
Hard pass

Hard pass
Yeah I’m not even sure about the extent of what was true, and what was just rumors so definitely some due diligence have to be done but even if it was as small as he slept with his teammates sister, the teammates das was a big donor and all this stuff I guess. The teammate left the school in January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom