Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 150 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only answer I could find is that it has to be submitted to the conference within 21 days (the 7 days maximum from issuance date to signing + the 14 day period for filing with the conference) of its issuance to the player by the academic institution. Thus, I guess it is plausible to back date it but the clock starts ticking from the issuance date that is on the NLI.

The only other applicable provision which is clear is that if he did sign it that should cease contact with all other member institutions. From reading this board there was a lot of chatter about both schools still recruiting him as of yesterday. If that is accurate it would clearly mean no NLI had been signed.

If there isn't a submission deadline within the window that has closed, it could mean that he hasn't disclosed which NLI he has signed. Signing it doesn't mean anything until he communicates to someone that matters that he has signed it. Realistically until he files the signed UK NLI with UK or tells JB (or Hop/GMAC etc) that he has signed UK's NLI.

Louie and Bouie said:
The only answer I could find is that it has to be submitted to the conference within 21 days (the 7 days maximum from issuance date to signing + the 14 day period for filing with the conference) of its issuance to the player by the academic institution. Thus, I guess it is plausible to back date it but the clock starts ticking from the issuance date that is on the NLI. The only other applicable provision which is clear is that if he did sign it that should cease contact with all other member institutions. From reading this board there was a lot of chatter about both schools still recruiting him as of yesterday. If that is accurate it would clearly mean no NLI had been signed.

Yep. It's all confusing.

All signs point to UK. Sucks, but if true then the coaches need to regroup and move on. I've heard the name Howard Washington -- not that landing him would ease the sting, but he might be a solid fall back option at point.

But we still have gaping holes at the 2 / 3 next year. I don't see Moyer as a SF [and certainly not a shooter] -- more as a 4 with SOME versatility. I kind of expect TT to play the 5, Moyer to be the 4, with PC coming in for either to give us a rotation at the power positions. No idea what we're going to do at 2 or 3, as of right now, to say nothing of bench behind the starters so that we can field a rotation. Need to add AT LEAST two wings.

Tucker just became a must-get, IMO.

True, but it ain't looking good at this point.

I guess we should have seen the writing on the wall, given how many times Green visited without pulling the trigger, despite how out front for landing him our chances seemed.

th

All signs point to UK. Sucks, but if true then the coaches need to regroup and move on. I've heard the name Howard Washington -- not that landing him would ease the sting, but he might be a solid fall back option at point.

But we still have gaping holes at the 2 / 3 next year. I don't see Moyer as a SF [and certainly not a shooter] -- more as a 4 with SOME versatility. I kind of expect TT to play the 5, Moyer to be the 4, with PC coming in for either to give us a rotation at the power positions. No idea what we're going to do at 2 or 3, as of right now, to say nothing of bench behind the starters so that we can field a rotation. Need to add AT LEAST two wings.

Tucker just became a must-get, IMO.

And you MUST reach out to Matt Coleman no matter how embarrassing it may be. Gotta try at least.

Regardless of how this plays out, the information that posters like Jake, dasher, gilardino, Francis, and O13 have shared are what has kept me coming back to this board for 15 years, and I simply am grateful that you guys are willing to share with the rest of us. I really can not thank you guys enough!

With that said... all of the tea leaves are reading that he's headed to Kentucky. Eventually, pay pal Cal will be run off to the NBA and karma will catch UK for hiring this dirt bag, just like it did with UMASS and Memphis. Just remember, how ever this plays out... we are Syracuse. We go to final fours and are always making deep tournament runs. We're not Georgetown; we'll be ok and we will reload.

True, but it ain't looking good at this point.

I guess we should have seen the writing on the wall, given how many times Green visited without pulling the trigger, despite how out front for landing him our chances seemed.

Agreed but I never say never until it's in ink. 18 year olds are a fickle beast.

nor do you, but you assure us that the roster will championship worthy enough to entice more sure fire transfers

maybe Mike Gbinije has another childhood friend he can steer our way
We compete at the highest level every year.

If Kentucky steals Quade, I will hate UK and Calipari, and I can't stand them now. How long till they land on probation? Every other school Calipari coached at he's left in shambles.

Did I mention I hate Kentucky?

No doubt. What an amazing group this is. The woe-is-us lament post-Richardson decision was completely ridiculous, not only was SU coming off a FF run but there was plenty of reason for optimism even if best case scenario did not seem to be playing out (including a likely first rounder deciding to return). Turns out best case scenario did develop, as most would agree that this year's team is better than it would have been if Richardson had returned...and in any event enter Gillon, White and Thompson and all the chicken talk looked quite silly. Now...2 games into a season where SU is as loaded as its been in years, cue another implosion, next up are claims that the staff stinks, that we don't recruit the right type of people and, of course, that Quadre is a bad dude because he did not make the decision we wanted, or when we wanted, or that was "best" for him. It's Friday night, Cuse plays in 4 hours, and one helluva entertaining season is upon us. If you cannot enjoy being a SU fan at this moment, regardless of what tomorrow night brings, that's your own fault.
Here here

Or both
that's a real Catch 22. If they both excel and are considered 1st round material, then we've probably had a great season

but if they both decide its in their best interest to come back, then maybe not such a good year.

F Kentucky. I hope we see them this year in the tournament and embarrass the ish right out of them and they're shady used car salesman coach.
And Cal falls off the platform court and breaks his leg

F Kentucky. I hope we see them this year in the tournament and embarrass the ish right out of them and they're shady used car salesman coach.

That's my non-sour grapes perspective, as well. Would love to knock those @#%@ and their idiotic, arrogant fanbase out of the NCAA tournament this year, a la Indiana in 2013.

What's the scoop on Trevon Duval? He's ranked even higher than Quade, and there is no consensus as to where he's going. Why not amp up our pursuit of him if Quade lacks any integrity and goes UK.

We compete at the highest level every year.
except for the last 2 years, and a few years in the mid 2000s, and a couple in the mid 90s and a couple in the early 80s . . .

Quade to play overseas.

Sorry, on rt 90 drinking heavily in passenger seat and only on page 147 of this stuff show. I'll check back after I read more. So far he's ours and he's UK's, intense!!!

What's the scoop on Trevon Duval? He's ranked even higher than Quade, and there is no consensus as to where he's going. Why not amp up our pursuit of him if Quade lacks any integrity and goes UK.

Qualification issues and underarmor guy.

Hey, never posted here before, and UK fan. Been skimming through the thread when I saw it posted about at KSR. I'm not sure if it is really even necessary at this point, but I have reason to believe UK has his letter of intent. I got to school at UK and a friend of mine here who regularly talks to a basketball player told me that as of today he is 100% sure Quade is a cat. UK's staff is really good about not leaking things like this but from what I understand, the whole team is under the impression he's coming next year. Not trying to add flames to the fire but I figured you'd want to know now rather than Saturday night

Status
Not open for further replies.