Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 152 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
trainn.jpg

There have been a lot of threads like this one over the years and we've still been to 3 FF in the last 13 years, with a NC. Including the sky is falling posts from when Mali left.

It sucks, but we've got a lot of history that says we'll be fine.
I agree 100%. The only caution is that our coach is heading towards the exit. And that will be the biggest loss of all.

There have been a lot of threads like this one over the years and we've still been to 3 FF in the last 13 years, with a NC. Including the sky is falling posts from when Mali left.

It sucks, but we've got a lot of history that says we'll be fine.

Our history is built on the back of one man . . . past performance is no guarantee of future results, especially when that past performer is nearing retirement

immediate term (this season), the outlook is good

short term (next two seasons): uncertain at the moment, trending down pending completion of recruiting cycle

long term (post-Boeheim) very uncertain

I agree 100%. The only caution is that our coach is heading towards the exit. And that will be the biggest loss of all.
My biggest fear, even though we all love Hop is the uncertainty. I'd hate to compare to Gtown, but they have really moved downward since JT3 took over. It was a great story, but maybe not the best hire.

Our history is built on the back of one man . . . past performance is no guarantee of future results, especially when that past performer is nearing retirement

immediate term (this season), the outlook is good

short term (next two seasons): uncertain at the moment, trending down pending completion of recruiting cycle

long term (post-Boeheim) very uncertain
I would really like to disagree with that post. I just can't. I do think that JB will come up with something between now and sept of next year.

Whenever there's a lot of drama with a kid...we don't get him. When kids choose SU they know it all along. Kids that have a huge ego and feel like they have to validate themselves by going to the "elite" factory like UK, KU, Duke are not the kids we're going to get. Sucks after having invested 2 years recruiting Green. Sucks that he would go just as high in the draft coming out of SU. But what will really suck is if he ends up a backup behind Trae Young. Then we can all smile and nod. Meanwhile we have Frank Howard next year (don't see him leaving early) and we can get a 5th year free agent if need be. We'll get a good PG in the 2018 class. We survived not getting Kenny Anderson and Stephon Marbury after we thought we had them. We'll survive Quade Green too.

Whenever there's a lot of drama with a kid...we don't get him. When kids choose SU they know it all along. Kids that have a huge ego and feel like they have to validate themselves by going to the "elite" factory like UK, KU, Duke are not the kids we're going to get. Sucks after having invested 2 years recruiting Green. Sucks that he would go just as high in the draft coming out of SU. But what will really suck is if he ends up a backup behind Trae Young. Then we can all smile and nod. Meanwhile we have Frank Howard next year (don't see him leaving early) and we can get a 5th year free agent if need be. We'll get a good PG in the 2018 class. We survived not getting Kenny Anderson and Stephon Marbury after we thought we had them. We'll survive Quade Green too.
Agree. But it wouldn't hurt if JB announced he isn't leaving any time soon.

Though I was uncertain yesterday, I'm officially on the "he isn't coming" boat. Time to move on from him sadly and hope we get some solid 3 star players or hope a great grad student comes in.

Would rather a Graduate Guard transfer than a 3 star.

I agree with this. My fear is that the grad transfers won't be to the level of Wes, AW3, or Gillon. I know it sounds spoiled to have that mindset, but getting a mediocre grad transfer to fill a hole is no different than a 3 star freshman besides the experience.

I wonder just what opposing programs are telling recruits about JB and our program.

I agree with this. My fear is that the grad transfers won't be to the level of Wes, AW3, or Gillon. I know it sounds spoiled to have that mindset, but getting a mediocre grad transfer to fill a hole is no different than a 3 star freshman besides the experience.
Regarding a 3 star is he a 3 star after he commits to us but a 4 star before. If so might make sense. I'm kidding just enjoying feeling sorry for myself.

not hard to imagine; I made a guess earlier in this thread
Okay coach. But I saw them in the final four just last year. When did you last make it? and I really loved the Melo center and the Carrier Dome. We got beat out by Arizona, Kentucky and Miami. And Miami was an inside deal. It happens.

Okay coach. But I saw them in the final four just last year. When did you last make it? and I really loved the Melo center and the Carrier Dome. We got beat out by Arizona, Kentucky and Miami. And Miami was an inside deal. It happens.
as I wrote, those are not my views, but it's not hard to imagine opponents bringing up those or similar points.

Why would your players care if Quade is on next year's team? It's not like they'll be there to play with him...

Because his friend/source is Calipari's son, not actual scholarship players.

Whenever there's a lot of drama with a kid...we don't get him. When kids choose SU they know it all along. Kids that have a huge ego and feel like they have to validate themselves by going to the "elite" factory like UK, KU, Duke are not the kids we're going to get. Sucks after having invested 2 years recruiting Green.
One would think the staff would have learned this lesson decades ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.