Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 104 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me naive, but I for one choose to be optimistic and "believe" the controversial but rising board insider who's been 2 for 2 this summer with TT and AWIII, and says in no uncertain terms that QG is ours with coaches notified...vs. the other info being provided that, while a huuuuuge disappointment if true, leaves the door slightly open to being wrong. I don't know anything but what I read and infer here, but presented with two conflicting cases, that's what I'm going with.

OK, I will call you naive. If you have a choice between Jake and the "controversial rising board insider," there is a correct answer on who you should listen to.

We literally drop all other PGs to kiss his ass and get stood up. UK not only makes Trae Young their priority but then sign Alexander a few days before and we still get boned. If anyone doubts the allure of Kentucky & Calipari or the power of WWW, this is now exhibit A.

And have not seen any kentucky "sources" what so ever saying they have heard he signed and is theirs...still gunna hope orangeman13 is on point with this one..his post made it seem like there was no uncertainty what so ever that he wasn't ours and that it was a done deal for cuse....

There's a realistic chance we sign no top 100 players this cycle. That hasn't happened since Bernie was the main guy on the road. Not good for long term sustainability.
Brisset is absolutely top 100 material (probably in the 50 range); I think he may not populate some lists due to playing out of Canada - but I'm sure the recruitniks can correct me if wrong.

If it is...it is
If it isn't...it isn't

Things work out how they are supposed to...

No they don't. Kids aren't supposed to get cancer and we aren't supposed to get ding dong ditched by the only PG we're after.

As much as we feel bad, can you imagine Gmac ? Boeheims been through this stuff for 40 years and Im sure its a kick in the balls for him too but Gmac hasnt been through these recruiting sagas at all. 2 years of hard work put in for nada, has to sting bigtime

What that tells me is that he's not very good at what he does.

We literally drop all other PGs to kiss his ass and get stood up. UK not only makes Trae Young their priority but then sign Alexander a few days before and we still get boned. If anyone doubts the allure of Kentucky & Calipari or the power of WWW, this is now exhibit A.

What is? I don't see a commitment from Green to UK. Let it play out.

Brisset is absolutely top 100 material (probably in the 50 range); I think he may not populate some lists due to playing out of Canada - but I'm sure the recruitniks can correct me if wrong.

Plenty of players played in Canada the past few years and have been on the lists.

He might be underrated, but he's not a top 100 guy.

Look if you want to be emotional and just feel panicked go ahead, but all know this is just a technicality based on him being Canadian. He's clearly a Top 100 caliber player and potentially Top 50.

On the heels of a FF. W T F
well to be fair, it was a What FF. we are on the heels of three mediocre seasons, sanctioned, and the old man is retiring and no one knows when. tough spot for recruiting.

Ugh, so...

Randolph - Whiff
Richards - Whiff
Walker - Whiff
Quade - Whiff
O'Connell - Whiff
Bamba - Will Whiff

Yikes, maybe we should stick to the recruits in the 40-100 range. We seem to be out of our element.

Nothing wrong with shooting high as long as there is a PLAN B. With 6 or 7 scholies available there was no excuse for the staff not to have found 3 or 4 lower ranked kids by this time & not put all the eggs in just a couple of baskets. They will have their work cut out to make this a halfway decent class. In the meantime, so far they get a grade F for this recruiting cycle - sorry to say. Hope they can at least get it up to a C by the time it is all said & done.

Plenty of players played in Canada the past few years and have been on the lists.
Some don't rank players that play in Canada. They do, however, rank Canadian players that play in American schools.

The only reason I'm in "panic mode" is losing green doesn't just lose us green. I've liked our chances with Hami and Tucker a lot with Green at pg. No green and I don't think think we get either of those and are left scrambling to piece together a respectable class.

Some of you guys are already turning into that dude from Big Trouble in Little China. Honestly, I'm having too much fun so far with THIS season (for us AND the Huskies) to let any premature paranoia over Quade get me down.

Big-Trouble.jpg

Some with much greater recruiting knowledge than I have stated on here that we needed to go after the bigger fish in the sea. That if we started to recruit them earlier and got them on campus, it would often times lead to us landing these bigger fish. But the lesson here seems to be that doing everything right - recruiting kids a year before everybody else, getting them to campus numerous times, showing them much love - is really no match for the "big boys" when the fat lady sings. So now we may have gone all in on Green and come up empty. If that's the case, maybe there is something to be said - as someone said earlier on this thread - for going after the recruits from 40-100. I, like most Syracuse fans to be sure, would like to think of us as an elite program, a la Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, etc. But at the end of the day, we seem to be an "almost-elite" program - one that relies on getting the recruits that aren't the guaranteed stars, but then we turn them into stars, thanks to the coaching of our coaches - who are sometimes underrated, even by their own supporters. Of course, maybe we get Green, and then I'll say, "Yes, let's swing for the fences when it comes to recruits;)" We shall see ...

well to be fair, it was a What FF. we are on the heels of three mediocre seasons, sanctioned, and the old man is retiring and no one knows when. tough spot for recruiting.

We have two FFs in the past 3 years and it has been announced exactly when the old man is retiring. Besides, if things are in such shambles shouldn't we be happy he is retiring? You guys are so funny when you get all emotional. On top of that, you don't even know the outcome of this recruitment yet. Premature anything is not good. Remember?

Look if you want to be emotional and just feel panicked go ahead, but all know this is just a technicality based on him being Canadian. He's clearly a Top 100 caliber player and potentially Top 50.

I'm not being emotional. I'm just stating the facts. We have 5-7 spots available and we have one guy signed for next year who may or may not be ready to contribute. There's no way you can spin anything about this cycle as good if we miss on Green especially when there was loads of talent in New York, Mass, Jersey, and PA this cycle.

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.