Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 106 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I've constantly been asking about next year's squad. Green was a lock for Cuse at one point according to O13. If he all of a sudden turns and heads to UK, we're probably missing out on Hami and Tucker. That leaves us with one signee and potentially one more come Monday in Sidibe. I'm open for transfers, but we are not getting four AW3's, John Gillon's or Wes Johnson. We've been very fortunate to hit on the transfers we do take, but the extremely talented ones don't always walk in the door. At some point, we HAVE to hit on big time recruits, and if Gerry isn't getting it done, then we need to have a serious look of who is actually in charge of recruiting certain players.

And this is all I'm saying. It's not an emotional post, it's not a rash post, it's a legitimate post. I love everything GMac did as a player for us, but right now he is effecting the future of the program, whether it's the short term future or long term, nobody knows.

in essence this meltdown is about one year and 3 months early of not being able to cope with Q being a one and done...

People, wait until Saturday, then we can go nuts (good or bad)...try and pause here...step away...life will go on.

We will absolutely not get hami or tucker without green...just saying. I've said it before and I know it doesn't mean squat but the kids whole twitter page is littered with cuse stuff...not a thing on kentucky...even recent stuff. yet he's going to make his decision and all of a sudden he's going to post BIG BLUE NATION!!! naw I don't think so, kid would look like a complete dbag...he is going to reward loyalty and we have been loyal the entire recruiting process.

in essence this meltdown is about one year and 3 months early of not being able to cope with Q being a one and done...

People, wait until Saturday, then we can go nuts (good or bad)...try and pause here...step away...life will go on.
People have a lot of pent up aggression since Breaking Bad ended.

Follow this thread every day since it's inception. First post here.

This has been an absolute roller coaster ride.

The most concerning thing of all is Q's coaches comments. I don't think he'd hype up UK just to build ancitipation...

Can we just lock this thread to all but about 4 posters, until Saturday night? What would you think if you went to another schools board and read all this bs, when nothings really happened yet? I know I'd be laughing my ass off at it.

Follow this thread every day since it's inception. First post here.

This has been an absolute roller coaster ride.

The most concerning thing of all is Q's coaches comments. I don't think he'd hype up UK just to build ancitipation...
Yep, if, key word if something changed. What could it have been so last second? Tough for WWW to pay off a player...but he can pay off a coach...who knows

two3zone said:
And this is all I'm saying. It's not an emotional post, it's not a rash post, it's a legitimate post. I love everything GMac did as a player for us, but right now he is effecting the future of the program, whether it's the short term future or long term, nobody knows.

So you think Gerry should come up with more money?

Lets let this recruiting cycle play out fully before we make the call on GMac is all I'm saying. You make legit points and we also shot for the moon in 2017 with basically a new lead recruiter. I'm just saying its not over yet and I think we will all be pleased with the end result.

I think for the lower ranked recruits who don't get as much love, you don't need to have the best recruiter out there trying to get him to come. That's where Syracuse just sells itself over the likes of a Seton Hall or Temple or any school related to that. Once we're in a battle with UK, Duke, Kansas, etc. the name itself goes out the window. There has to be more you tell a kid to get him to go there.

hey, hey, rational thoughts have no place in a sports forum.

two3zone said:
Why is that a meltdown? If I failed that bad at my job I'd be fired as well. Facts are, we have far too many open scholarship with a skeleton roster coming back. What do you suggest? Giving him a pat on the back and telling him to try harder next year?

Hop whiffed on Hodge early in his career. It happens, as a recruiter, you learn.

Lets let this recruiting cycle play out fully before we make the call on GMac is all I'm saying. You make legit points and we also shot for the moon in 2017 with basically a new lead recruiter. I'm just saying its not over yet and I think we will all be pleased with the end result.

I won't give up on this cycle at all. I thought we were in good shape last year when Battle decided to come and the future was bright, the bright future turned blinding after our commits later on and with the grad transfers. There is a LOT of work to be done though. I'm the type that's happy when we're competitive and can win 20+ games over the course of the year and make the tournament. We still have work to do to get to that point.

Hop whiffed on Hodge early in his career. It happens, as a recruiter, you learn.

Of course, it happens to every coach and I understand that. It's not whiffing on Green, it's what else is left that is going to make next years team great? What combination of players are we going to be able to sign that will set us up for the next 2-3 years? We have a lot of holes to fill.

Of course, it happens to every coach and I understand that. It's not whiffing on Green, it's what else is left that is going to make next years team great? What combination of players are we going to be able to sign that will set us up for the next 2-3 years? We have a lot of holes to fill.
That's what she said.

I can't kill Gerry no matter what. Our recruiters are still operating with a hand tied behind their back.

Status
Not open for further replies.