Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 133 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you that info is not correct. If UK does have the LOI, nobody outside of the coaching staff will know. Now, they may let it known that they feel good about their chances but they will not spoil the kids announcement by letting the cat out of bag. With that said, UK is in a position where they will need multiple guards next year and they cannot afford to wait for Young to announce later. They will gladly take Quade and push hard for him. I think the play of Quade this summer really amped Cal up and he really wants this kid now. They also feel that signing Green will help them land other players. Cal knows that alot of other players want to play with Quade and that getting him could lead to a few more commitments. If you were to ask me a couple of months ago, I would have said Cal prefers Young but I don't feel that way anymore, I think Quade has taken over that top priority spot. He knows that taking Quade probably mean that Young goes to OU but Green is so good that the staff is ok if that happens. Cal said after 2013 with Harrow that he will never put himself in a position of not having a great PG. Quade is the guy for UK right now and I agree. I love Young but Quade is a pitbull and I love his game.

Does Ryan Harrow have any NCAA Eligibility left? Asking for a friend.

If in fact Green has decided on Kentucky, the situation next year isn't dire. Green was likely one-and-done, anyway. We have a returning starter at PG who will be on the roster next year and the staff will find a backup. We will be fine.

He's 5'11" - Rare for a one and done. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him play 2-3 years of college ball.

So, is all of the confusion really coming down to whether he sent in a signed LOI or not?

Or is there more to it. Because if Zags had that detail wrong, then both teams are still in the dark.

He's 5'11" - Rare for a one and done. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him play 2-3 years of college ball.

With a 6'1" or 6'2" wingspan too. I always felt he was at least a 2 year guy too.

Yes, let's all just relax and wait. If we land Quade, that's awesome, because he's a great player. If we don't, it will sting quite a bit, because he's a great player and we've been on him so long he almost felt like he was part of Orange Nation already for a bit. The big worry would be Frank completely blowing up this year and bailing(not likely, I think Gillon will keep his minutes down enough to save us from that). With Frank our PG spot will be fine. We really need to worry when we don't have a shooting guard in our lineup. Maybe Tyus just loves college!!!

Let's just enjoy the fact that we have a great team this year!

Attachments

• IMG_9187.PNG
    IMG_9187.PNG
    141.3 KB · Views: 308
That was photoshopped earlier. This is real.
I don't like the look of that graph, but on the other hand, I don't completely trust those crystal meth balls. What percent was Miami when Lonnie committed?

After spending all night getting caught up on this thread, kind of glad there were only 2 new pages when I woke up. As crushing as the Jake/Dasher reports were, I have come up with 4 things that still give me a glimmer of hope:

1) Orangeman13 still has not hedged his bet despite given the opportunity last night (and basically doubled-down with his 100% Cuse)

2) Dasher commenting last night that the staff is trying to fix things back they way they were last weekend

3) Jake posting again (after the bad news) that nothing would surprise him at this point

4) The possibility that out of respect for Green, to not spoil his huge moment Saturday night with any leakage of his choice, no coaches on either side have leaked it to people (so nobody that would post on the board really knows or were told not to post anything about it).

^^^^ this ...cannot believe levels of angst and butthurt from some on here...just amazing...people need to relax and see how the chips fall...

This would rank up there with Kenny Anderson and Stephon Marbury. Especially if we told Coleman no thanks and then Quade - a Neumann Goretti guy who we offered 2 1/2 years ago, for chrissakes, stiffs us. I always thought it sucked that he didn't come out and start recruiting guys to join him a la Matt Moyer, like 3 months ago. If true, this will really suck.

So, is all of the confusion really coming down to whether he sent in a signed LOI or not?

Or is there more to it. Because if Zags had that detail wrong, then both teams are still in the dark.
The speculation started because the LOI hadn't been received yet so people panicked . Zags then tweeted around 8 that one of the school has been notified the papers were signed . So all that info people were getting was inaccurate info because neither school had been notified up until that point . If in fact it happened that late at night .

After spending all night getting caught up on this thread, kind of glad there were only 2 new pages when I woke up. As crushing as the Jake/Dasher reports were, I have come up with 4 things that still give me a glimmer of hope:

1) Orangeman13 still has not hedged his bet despite given the opportunity last night (and basically doubled-down with his 100% Cuse)

2) Dasher commenting last night that the staff is trying to fix things back they way they were last weekend

3) Jake posting again (after the bad news) that nothing would surprise him at this point

4) The possibility that out of respect for Green, to not spoil his huge moment Saturday night with any leakage of his choice, no coaches on either side have leaked it to people (so nobody that would post on the board really knows or were told not to post anything about it).

What is absolutely crazy about this is that Quade was here when Brissett was here. He was here when Bourama Sidibe was here. He was here when Hami Diallo was here. He was here with Mo Bamba. He's been to two Orange Madnesses and an Elite Camp, he's visited so many times, with basically all the guys he would be playing with. And if he winds up going to Kentucky, where he may be recruited over immediately, I will lose my mind. Really. This sucks, if it turns out this way.

This would rank up there with Kenny Anderson and Stephon Marbury. Especially if we told Coleman no thanks and then Quade - a Neumann Goretti guy who we offered 2 1/2 years ago, for chrissakes, stiffs us. I always thought it sucked that he didn't come out and start recruiting guys to join him a la Matt Moyer, like 3 months ago. If true, this will really suck.

Well the good news is that if it's stephon marbury we could still land a david patrick to lead our offense!

Things turned out ok for us when we lost Marbury and Anderson, particularly with Marbury. This does suck but we shall be ok

Sadly, this makes more sense. They thought the pg spot was solved... now they're seeing who they can get back in on or jump in with late and have a chance.

More than 80 of the top 100 have signed, with a bunch to drop their decisions this weekend. Not a lot out there to choose from.

I think it's SU. Why would he have came to an SU vs Colgate game to "sign some things"? UK probably gave him free tickets to their game, so why not use them?

He came to the dome, sat with Scoop and watched 24K people show up for an SU vs Colgate game.

Hop should have always been the lead on this. It's too important.

F YEAH. It's Hop's future that is at stake with this class, and they basically left it to Gerry to see if he could recruit with the Big Boys. Maybe Mike isn't going to get the job done here, if this is any indication.

Status
Not open for further replies.