Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 135 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you guys think you got him? Or are you as unsure as us

Word is that the people closest to the program/staff feel confident with their place with Quade. That's about as much that's out there right now as far as info from our side. If there is a signed LOI, Ill be very surprised if it leaks from the UK side. Some may claim to know but I would doubt them. Confidence is growing on both the premium board and Rafters though. Also, Matt Jones is more connected than anyone, despite all the butthurt for him on the rivals forum. Which is epic by the way! I'll let ya know what I hear through the day.

Are you serious? Kenny Anderson, Steven Thompson, Billy Owens, Derrick Coleman and LeRon Ellis starting with David Johnson, Richard Manning, Tony Scott and Conrad McRae among others coming off the bench? Look at that starting 5. Kenny Anderson was UNSTOPPABLE. That would have been THE favorite to cut down the nets.
Super Super Sick

I personally look forward to seeing much more of Howard and Gillon playing together this season. And the good lord willing, Howard and Quade doing same next season...

Ellis had a hard time fitting in to such a talented team, but he scored 16 ppg at Kentucky and he played in the NBA for a couple of years. We have had many teams where I really wished we had a LeRon Ellis.

good point with Ellis. Sorry, I was a student back then and always was a cynic about JB and the chemistry of those teams, especially at crunch time, still am in retrospect obviously! No matter, we shall be ok, even though the apparent loss of Green blows.

good point with Ellis. Sorry, I was a student back then and always was a cynic about JB and the chemistry of those teams, especially at crunch time, still am obviously! No matter, we shall be ok, even though the apparent loss of Green blows.

Chemistry does tend to be a problem when you don't have a PG. That team didn't even need a Kenny Anderson to be great they just needed a decent PG to run the show and it would have made a world of difference.

Chemistry does tend to be a problem when you don't have a PG. That team didn't even need a Kenny Anderson to be great they just needed a decent PG to run the show and it would have made a world of difference.

I meant many of JBs teams back then, not just this one, but very true, we basically had no PG. A Lazarus Sims-type would have been just fine(speaking of losing out on Marbury but being ok).

good point with Ellis. Sorry, I was a student back then and always was a cynic about JB and the chemistry of those teams, especially at crunch time, still am in retrospect obviously! No matter, we shall be ok, even though the apparent loss of Green blows.
Those teams were frustrating at times, because they were so loaded, but they never got over the hump, particularly after getting so close in 1987. But, they were going up against great teams. There were no one and done's. And I agree with Jordoo, just a point guard not named Mr. High Dribble to Nowhere Michael Edwards. Oh what could have been.

I meant many of JBs teams back then, not just this one, but very true, we basically had no PG. A Lazarus Sims-type would have been just fine(speaking of losing out on Marbury but being ok).
Its kinda the Scoop/Triche vs Dion dilema. One guy is more talented and has higher ceiling, but the other two guys are much more coachable. I think with experience JB does a better job balancing those types of players now. I do remember back in 90, thinking that wouldnt have been the easieast team to coach. 91 wouldnt have been either. Just m.o.

So, is all of the confusion really coming down to whether he sent in a signed LOI or not?

Or is there more to it. Because if Zags had that detail wrong, then both teams are still in the dark.
If I read correctly he said "signed" not sent in, right. Could have signed and dated both and no one really knows yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.