Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
And all signs point to paypal getting Trae Young...
I would figure Texas has a good shot. I read he grew up a fan and now he's going on the road with Shaka.

Its all about who gives their commit first. Then the PG dominos will fall. Maybe Waters will choose Duke.. Young will choose Kentucky.. and Green to Cuse...

We've been on Q since the jump. Duke and Kentucky are who they are, but they came in late and he wasn't their #1. He knows this. But things change...

Just don't like how things are lined up right now. Unless Duval surprises and picks one of Duke or UK we could be left holding the bag. Trae picks UK and Quade picks Duke. Coleman is the wildcard but everyone has him leaning to Texas. Jose is the backup plan, a nice player but a significant drop off from Coleman and Green. If you read Boeheim's biography you know he made his mind up long ago not to go head to head with the Duke's and UK's with recruits, this late activity to Coleman and Jose has me worried he may have already moved on. Hope not.

44doubledees said:
Just don't like how things are lined up right now. Unless Duval surprises and picks one of Duke or UK we could be left holding the bag. Trae picks UK and Quade picks Duke. Coleman is the wildcard but everyone has him leaning to Texas. Jose is the backup plan, a nice player but a significant drop off from Coleman and Green. If you read Boeheim's biography you know he made his mind up long ago not to go head to head with the Duke's and UK's with recruits, this late activity to Coleman and Jose has me worried he may have already moved on. Hope not.
We've gone head to head with them in recent years.

I don't think he has moved on. He watched Green play last week. I just think their is realty that we need a backup plan. I am worried about Trae to UK and Green to Duke though.

I'm just happy that the worst case scenario is that we have a 3rd year Frank Howard at the point so its not do or die but its damn near close with what the depth chart could look like at guard if Battle goes bye bye.

Between this and O'Connell taking a visit to Louisville, I don't get a very warm and fuzzy feeling about our backcourt recruiting for 2017...

Unless these guys are easily sold the recruiting is going to drag out longer for the top 30 recruits. And so far, few are committing early. I'm not too concerned with 2017 yet. There's going to be all sorts of playing time available and most likely there will be a returning 1st team all-ACC defender at C and two legit PFs in the trenches to grab rebounds for outlet passes. The glamour positions are there for the taking when SU graduates two players to the NBA lottery after this season. Hami and Quade would obviously be the best case scenario with a Jordan Tucker and 2-3 guys ranked 50-100 (and/or a couple of traditional transfers).

Cusefan0307 said:
Between this and O'Connell taking a visit to Louisville, I don't get a very warm and fuzzy feeling about our backcourt recruiting for 2017...
these things have a way of working themselves out

Guys, we are in the game for some seriously high end players right now. They are going to get other offers and they are going to take other visits. It doesn't mean the end of our chances with them. Need to just relax. Somehow we've gotten into this mode where everybody is dailing 911 on every recruit's every move right now. We need a lot of bodies in 17, but we've got time and we're in a good position with multiple amazing players. When we have an offer list like we have for 17 there is no way we were going to get all of them.

Guys, we are in the game for some seriously high end players right now. They are going to get other offers and they are going to take other visits. It doesn't mean the end of our chances with them. Need to just relax. Somehow we've gotten into this mode where everybody is dailing 911 on every recruit's every move right now. We need a lot of bodies in 17, but we've got time and we're in a good position with multiple amazing players. When we have an offer list like we have for 17 there is no way we were going to get all of them.

Very well, but our first options that we have been discussing for months and in some cases two years are starting to slip away at the guard spot. In not worried about the front court because we appear to be in good shape there, but the lack of elite talent out there for 2017 behind out main targets is slightly concerning. I'm not in panic mode, just discussing what is happening in our current recruiting.

Very well, but our first options that we have been discussing for months and in some cases two years are starting to slip away at the guard spot. In not worried about the front court because we appear to be in good shape there, but the lack of elite talent out there for 2017 behind out main targets is slightly concerning. I'm not in panic mode, just discussing what is happening in our current recruiting.

You'd prefer we only offer guys who are not good enough to get Duke and UK offers then?
:noidea:

You'd prefer we only offer guys who are not good enough to get Duke and UK offers then?
:noidea:

No, you guys are missing the point. We weren't even involved with any other guys until this week. We are late to the party.

Cusefan0307 said:
No, you guys are missing the point. We weren't even involved with any other guys until this week. We are late to the party.

It's recruiting. It happens.

Um you may want to read this post by Dean Francis on Coleman from this past Saturday-
Class of 2017 - PG Matt Coleman (VA)
^^^ Good reminder Deano but I would offer Dean Francis post at 7:45pm yesterday in Coleman thread is also worth re-reading...I agree with Dean's post completely there...love that Red saw the diamond in the rough with Coleman years back...but it sounds like we have only just recently re-voiced our love for the kid...that is not lost on Coleman...the question is does Coleman see past that...and realize he can run the show at a showcase program like Cuse? Hopefully he has good people around him to help him see that...oh and Georgetown still sucks...Go Cuse!

In gmac we trust...
I don't know how you trust someone who hasn't proven himself yet. Trust is something that is earned. What you're asking for is blind faith. I trust Hop and I trust Red because they've demonstrated their abilities.

I don't know how you trust someone who hasn't proven himself yet. Trust is something that is earned. What you're asking for is blind faith. I trust Hop and I trust Red because they've demonstrated their abilities.

In your world, nobody would ever get a promotion.

Clearly JB and Hop have a lot of confidence in what Gerry brings to the table and has already demonstrated in terms of building relationships with recruits. Can we let 2017 play out before we start criticizing?

Question, are we still on sanctions for reduced Recruiters on the road at one time or is that over with?

I love QG. But - confession - I'm not as excited about him these days because he seems to be drifting. Do we still have a realistic chance with him or is he intoxicated by UK/Duke level interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.