Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gun to head...

Young to UK
Green to Duke
Coleman to Texas
Alvarado to SU

We have to get elite players at the 2 and 3 now. Frank can handle 17-18.
Don't forget the big wild card in all this...Duval could switch that list entirely.

He also said "college decision coming soon" back in March. Quade says a lot of things publicly that can be taken with a grain of salt.
Didn't he also say July, or was that someone else?

Deano said:
Yep, you don't like him?
No it's not that. Just seems like what started with Tre and turned into Quade is now evolving into a lower tier...

No it's not that. Just seems like what started with Tre and turned into Quade is now evolving into a lower tier...
If Tre had stayed on East Coast and didn't go to that messed up school his junior year I think we would have been in good shape. Maybe things will turn around with him now that he's looking for a school but like some have said, how are his grades or is he putting in the effort in that department as more than likely he'll be a one and done. He may do what Muniday did and play overseas for 1 year and come back the following for the draft.

I do not like how the Green recruitment has turned in the last month. With Dook and UK (both $$$) things could really have turned south. It's too bad cause we were one of the first schools that went hard after him and had a great rep with him. If he would have committed before the summer it would have been sweet but things haven't worked out that way.

I like both Alvardo and Washington, however Alvardo seems a little short for the zone and like how Washington has really progressed this past year that's why I would say I would prefer him.

I like Coleman's game too but I would have to agree with Cusefan0307 and say he'll end up at Texas.

If Tre had stayed on East Coast and didn't go to that messed up school his junior year I think we would have been in good shape. Maybe things will turn around with him now that he's looking for a school but like some have said, how are his grades or is he putting in the effort in that department as more than likely he'll be a one and done. He may do what Muniday did and play overseas for 1 year and come back the following for the draft.

I do not like how the Green recruitment has turned in the last month. With Dook and UK (both $$$) things could really have turned south. It's too bad cause we were one of the first schools that went hard after him and had a great rep with him. If he would have committed before the summer it would have been sweet but things haven't worked out that way.

I like both Alvardo and Washington, however Alvardo seems a little short for the zone and like how Washington has really progressed this past year that's why I would say I would prefer him.

I like Coleman's game too but I would have to agree with Cusefan0307 and say he'll end up at Texas.
Appreciate your analysis. Hope we don't whiff on Cam...

Screw that. Duke doesn't get everyone that they consider their top target. He's going Orange.

Oh, I'm not waving the white flag but Green becoming Duke's #1 guy obviously doesn't help. Still, he seems smitten by the idea and is hoping for a visit.

Gun to head...

Young to UK
Green to Duke
Coleman to Texas
Alvarado to SU

We have to get elite players at the 2 and 3 now. Frank can handle 17-18.

This very well may be how things pan out, the problem is getting elite players at the 2 and 3 without an elite PG to get them the ball won't be so easy.

Oh, I'm not waving the white flag but Green becoming Duke's #1 guy obviously doesn't help. Still, he seems smitten by the idea and is hoping for a visit.
a home visit by K? because he already visited dook

Timing.

Howard won't be able to demonstrate his new and improved game until after the November signing period.

Is Green signing in November? No idea. Just wondering if he's given a timeline. The fact that he's just cutting it down to 8 schools in August maybe means he's going to wait until the Spring?

As for Howard, you gotta feel for the kid. I think it's becoming clear to him that he's going to be the backup indefinitely unless things don't pan out as the staff hopes on the recruiting trail. In a way, I kinda hope for Green to go to Duke. It seems like it's been forever since we had a multi-year starter at point. Gbinije filled in admirably when Joseph fell flat but he wasn't a point and isn't going to play that position in the pros. Anyway, I'd like to think that there's something of value to be had in a mature player running the point, especially at tournament time. If Howard continues to develop and keeps his head up, he could be that guy for us in his junior and senior year. I always look back to Z Sims (my favorite player of all time, btw) who only got his shot because of the Michael Lloyd fiasco and what he managed to do for us that year. Sometimes even the coaches don't realize what they have.

I'm not giving up on Q coming to Cuse.

I think Duke still has PG offers out to:
Troy Brown Jr. (didn't make his cut)
Trae Young (probably Kentucky, but maybe Oklahoma)
Tremont Waters (thought this was their target.. is he a UCONN lean now?)

Francis has said forever that Q is our most important 2017 get - while he would be crucial, we already have Frank in house and he's a very capable distributor IMO - what we don't have locked in for 2017 is scoring pieces or an athletic wing - those seem more important to me at the moment.

Francis has said forever that Q is our most important 2017 get - while he would be crucial, we already have Frank in house and he's a very capable distributor IMO - what we don't have locked in for 2017 is scoring pieces or an athletic wing - those seem more important to me at the moment.
This has always been my thought. As much as I want Q I felt like Frank showed enough at the end of last year for SU to be excited about what he's going to grow into. Best case Frank shows a what he can do and by the time ACC schedule starts we aren't worrying about the future PG. Worst case Frank is an average ACC guard.

My worry is if Battle is going to be everything people think he is going to be and everything that we are hearing now then 2017 recruiting class is going to have to be heavy in shooters. Need a SG, SF and hopefully a CG at minimum. It would nice to get a shooter that's not quite ready yet and let them grow. Like I think Francis mentioned before I would love Wright to stay in the 17 class and redshirt.

This has always been my thought. As much as I want Q I felt like Frank showed enough at the end of last year for SU to be excited about what he's going to grow into. Best case Frank shows a what he can do and by the time ACC schedule starts we aren't worrying about the future PG. Worst case Frank is an average ACC guard.

My worry is if Battle is going to be everything people think he is going to be and everything that we are hearing now then 2017 recruiting class is going to have to be heavy in shooters. Need a SG, SF and hopefully a CG at minimum. It would nice to get a shooter that's not quite ready yet and let them grow. Like I think Francis mentioned before I would love Wright to stay in the 17 class and redshirt.
I think it's very likely Lydon and Battle are gone after this year.

So that means we have Frank, Moyer, TT, PC coming back. To me, that means we have a pass-first PG who has great length for the zone and 2 years in JB system and will be an upperclassman. It makes sense to grab all we can for 2017, but it seems like the one place we might OK in regardless of who commits is PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.