Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice building these relationships with recruits but we have to start landing them, or move on.

When do you move on?

I think if the last year has proved anything, staying in for the long haul has proved it's dividends. We could have moved on from Battle or Thompson. What would that have accomplished?

When do you move on?

I think if the last year has proved anything, staying in for the long haul has proved it's dividends. We could have moved on from Battle or Thompson. What would that have accomplished?
We had nothing to lose and everything to gain by staying in it with Thompson. Battle was more of a complicated one that is pretty rare.

cusetown1 said:
It's nice building these relationships with recruits but we have to start landing them, or move on. Especially with only a limited amount of top 100's left.

Be patient, the staff has been really good at reading the situation and responding accordingly. Quade seemed to be more interested in some other schools, so the staff opened it up for some others. Quade made a trip up, on his own dime, and brought a friend, a top 5, transcendent big man friend, to show his strong interest. If you think it's time to move on, you're nuts. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

there is absolute silence on green in the MC

I think this is good news. Green was all over the place this summer. A surprise visit with Bamba during our elite camp followed by silence screams something is going on. I chose to think its very positive for Syracuse. Remember early in the summer Green said he wanted to make a decision in September.

I think this is good news. Green was all over the place this summer. A surprise visit with Bamba during our elite camp followed by silence screams something is going on. I chose to think its very positive for Syracuse. Remember early in the summer Green said he wanted to make a decision in September.

Holy freak would that be incredible if Green committed to SU next month. And it would keep up the sweet recruiting we've had over the last few months. I have to think it would be a ton of fun watching who ended up following him to Cuse too! Seems like Bamba would be likely given that trip last weekend, huh?

Holy freak would that be incredible if Green committed to SU next month. And it would keep up the sweet recruiting we've had over the last few months. I have to think it would be a ton of fun watching who ended up following him to Cuse too! Seems like Bamba would be likely given that trip last weekend, huh?
Cut it out you guys, don't do this. Ok, I need to think about baseball or something.

FWIW the Duke board seems to think Green is a Syracuse lean...
it would be good, as other forum members have indicated, that there would be too many guys in front of him at Duke....

Would Duke offer him just so we can't get him...I know that is negative of me but it was just a thought

it would be good, as other forum members have indicated, that there would be too many guys in front of him at Duke...

Would Duke offer him just so we can't get him...I know that is negative of me but it was just a thought
I don't think that Duke would offer just so that we don't get him. But I think they time their offers to break the momentum of someone like Quade's recruitment, so that he might be available if guys higher on their board choose elsewhere. So, it isn't so much take him just so that we don't get him, it is more of a game to get him to wait to see if they might need him at a later time.

it would be good, as other forum members have indicated, that there would be too many guys in front of him at Duke...

No they wouldn't do that. They only have a few ships to offer like everyone else. And we aren't that important to anyone other than ourselves.

Be patient, the staff has been really good at reading the situation and responding accordingly. Quade seemed to be more interested in some other schools, so the staff opened it up for some others. Quade made a trip up, on his own dime, and brought a friend, a top 5, transcendent big man friend, to show his strong interest. If you think it's time to move on, you're nuts. Pull up a chair and enjoy.
I didn't say it was time to move on

Recruiting has changed a bit in the last couple of years. There aren't as many early commits. A few years ago, there would only be a handful of the top 50 not committed. Now, there are only a handful committed.

Nearly half the top 100 is not a "handful" in my book. Spots are being taken. We need a commitment within a couple weeks.

Nearly half the top 100 is not a "handful" in my book. Spots are being taken. We need a commitment within a couple weeks.
Well, only 8 of the top 40 and 4 of the top 25 have committed, that is less than a handful and where our main targets reside. Better players means more options and more options means it takes more time. We have to be patient if we want the big dogs. Good thing is, we are through the summer and things should start happening soon.

Interesting. If we lose out on Green/Coleman, is there a chance that the staff moves on to 2018? Or do we refocus on Washington/Alvarado? We would still have Frank to hold down the PG spot, but no depth.

We need 7 guys for next year. I highly doubt we are going to pass on all PGs in this class.

I do believe Green's visit this weekend would be a lean our way because if he "and Bamba" stopped in to just give a courtesy "thank you, but no thanks", that JB would have put an offer out to Washington asap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.