Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which makes Hop handpicking Joseph over Newton a big head scratcher. I bet that's the last time you'll see the staff go New Hampshire over Philly again.;)

ESPECIALLY because Newton wanted to play here.

Imagine how differently the last two years might have gone if that situation were reversed.

so you think SU is out of the running w Quade now with his switch of AAU teams?

I think Munch might now play a role in the direction of his commitment. Now that Quade is with Bamba ANYTHING can happen because Quade might get strong arm offers off of the strength of Bamba. Not that Quade needs them, because he doesn't, and Quade has plenty of big offers already. Another thing you need to know about Quade is he feels and I mean deep down inside he truly believes that he is better than everybody in the country. He is not going to settle until he gets what he feels he is due. He wants those schools like Kentucky, NC, Duke, Kansas, etc. I'm also not sure if SU has ever gotten a legit Scan kid to commit. Tyus Battle played for them for one year but he is really a Team Final kid. But the thing is out of all the AAU teams that Quade played for I think he played for Team Final the longest so I would really say he's a Team Final kid.

Last edited:
SU got Chris McCullough and he was a Scan kid but other than him I have to really think about it.

Last edited:
SU got Chris McCullough and he was a Scan kid, but other than him I have to really think about it.
Bryant is the only other Scan kid that we wanted and he picked Indiana despite his Mother wishes. The staff has a good relationship with Munch, especially Red. We're in good shape at the moment for Quade, but he has always planned to play the field for a bit regardless of what AAU program he was playing for.

Which makes Hop handpicking Joseph over Newton a big head scratcher. I bet that's the last time you'll see the staff go New Hampshire over Philly again.;)
Hello, Newton :(
tumblr_m2r74k6ECG1r3f9sho1_500.jpg

Honest question here but I can't remember Johnny Flynn in the zone, was he that big a liability defensively, he is probably the last small guard we had up top.

Last three games of 12, 16 and 22 points.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...bbk_2015&state=1001&fname=match_id&fvalue=142
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...bbk_2015&state=1001&fname=match_id&fvalue=163
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...bbk_2015&state=1001&fname=match_id&fvalue=162
All three wins and the game he scored 12, they were up huge early and won by 41, so it's likely he didn't play regular Quade minutes. It was the last game of the regular season. Neumann-Goretti ended up going 12-1 in the Catholic League and 29-2 overall thus far. They won the regular season title already but onto bigger and better. If Philly is anything like Jersey (which in this instance it is), they'll probably have a crack at (at least) 14 more chips. :)

Wait, there was a time when Rutgers basketball wasn't damaged? I miss Devo so much. He was the ultimate Hype man for Syracuse Hoops. I think Mali needs to start taking some Devo classes for next year when he takes over this team.
Favorite player to ever come through Cuse.

Yes. But that was more attributable to his lack of willingness to play defense than it was his size [IMO].
Donte Greene lead the "No D" movement.

I don't know if JB has made defense more of a priority, or if he's recruiting more to the zone now than ever, but ever since Wes came here in 09/10 our defense has been really good almost ever year. Before Wes, our D felt like it was average at best.

Yes. But that was more attributable to his lack of willingness to play defense than it was his size [IMO].

I don't know if JB has made defense more of a priority, or if he's recruiting more to the zone now than ever, but ever since Wes came here in 09/10 our defense has been really good almost ever year. Before Wes, our D felt like it was average at best.

Donte was not allowed to get into foul trouble.

Donte was not allowed to get into foul trouble.
Depth improves the defense exponentially. The defense can play a little closer knowing that there is a replacement on the bench if things get out of hand. This isn't to say that depth allows hacking at the ball and hoping the refs don't call it a foul. It helps in getting ready in a good position on defense for boards and intimidating shots for misses and boards.

Last edited:
Depth improves the defense exponentially. The defense can play a little closer knowing that there is a replacement on the bench if things get out of hand. Thins't to say that depth allows hacking at the ball and hoping the refs don't call it a foul. It helps in getting ready in a good position on defense for boards and intimidating shots for misses and boards.

For anybody interested in checking out Quade. NG will now play Roman Catholic(Tony Carr), in the Catholic League finals on Monday at the Palestra. Tip off will be around 8:45-9:00. Third year in a row these two will meet, splitting the last two chips.

For anybody interested in checking out Quade. NG will now play Roman Catholic(Tony Carr), in the Catholic League finals on Monday at the Palestra. Tip off will be around 8:45-9:00. Third year in a row these two will meet, splitting the last two chips.
Unfortunately the NG boys took the L tonight. Tried to catch some of the game on a periscope feed, but that was too blurry for me to see and know what the heck was going on. Quade had 15 points, and DCR had a double double with 14 and 18.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.