Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired of getting " bent over " in the end.

Agree and I share your pain. That's also why getting this guy was so sweet (and a relief!).

tyus-battle-home-a11b09e97a25a65c.jpg

Really hope we land him in the end, whenever that is. Undersized PG's are not traditionally one and done, which would continue to provide some stability of talent. He fits the Shabazz Napier mold of excellent PG at the college level that may not have the size and athleticism necessary to be an elite NBA prospect (would have told you something similar about Tyler Ennis, so I guess you never know).

Really hope we land him in the end, whenever that is. Undersized PG's are not traditionally one and done, which would continue to provide some stability of talent. He fits the Shabazz Napier mold of excellent PG at the college level that may not have the size and athleticism necessary to be an elite NBA prospect (would have told you something similar about Tyler Ennis, so I guess you never know).
He always reminded me of Quinn Cook, for some reason, I am not even sure why.

Sadly that is the case although Quade has been much more outspoken in his love of SU but still this is why I'd rather we get back involved with Duval or the other kid who's name escapes me. All the other guard offers we have are guys who are more or less 2G possibly combo's. Quade is the only legit PG we are going after right now.

Duval is going to be on of the top 5 players in his class. He's not the kind of guy you can check in on periodically. I met him at the Mary Kline Classic last year. My friend told him he'd look great in Orange and he grinned from ear to ear. At the time, he had no leaders and we were in his top 10. Then, as Francis03 pointed out, Duval transferred out to TX and SU apparently took him off our speed dial.

It's unfortunate because Duval is a game-changer and he does like SU a lot.

Duval is going to be on of the top 5 players in his class. He's not the kind of guy you can check in on periodically. I met him at the Mary Kline Classic last year. My friend told him he'd look great in Orange and he grinned from ear to ear. At the time, he had no leaders and we were in his top 10. Then, as Francis03 pointed out, Duval transferred out to TX and SU apparently took him off our speed dial.

It's unfortunate because Duval is a game-changer and he does like SU a lot.

I know but I'm not sure it's to late to get back involved. It's not like he has a clear leader right now. I agree we would have to start recruiting him again and stay on him to have a chance.

I know but I'm not sure it's to late to get back involved. It's not like he has a clear leader right now. I agree we would have to start recruiting him again and stay on him to have a chance.

It's not too late but clearly damage has been done. He's such a great fit too: tall, long, can create for himself or others, vision, elite athlete. But he's in Texas and that is considered part of The Forbidden Zone apparently. Dr. Zaius must have warned us.

We would be right at the top of his list again, when the recent schools being listed by him are the likes of Baylor, SMU, Cal, and UCLA.

iommi said:
It's not too late but clearly damage has been done. He's such a great fit too: tall, long, can create for himself or others, vision, elite athlete. But he's in Texas and that is considered part of The Forbidden Zone apparently. Dr. Zaius must have warned us.

Do we know that's what happened? I know Francis is plugged in - but seems like a bit of conjecture.

Okay, maybe we are all a little sensitive here, but I'm starting to think our recruits are trolling us. In a Twitter convo, Green said he was about to go play hoops. Someone asked him where and this was Quade's response:

Really, bro?

Okay, maybe we are all a little sensitive here, but I'm starting to think our recruits are trolling us. In a Twitter convo, Green said he was about to go play hoops. Someone asked him where and this was Quade's response:

Really, bro?
Germantown?

Wow that basically confirms Green to Georgetown. Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.