Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kid is has a better chance to make the NBA than JJ. His upside is huge.
You think so??

I see JJ as a prototype NBA 2g, he's got that size/game already. In the league, scoring will be what he needs to do along with being a good, not great defender at the 2.

I think Quadir has a lot of potential to get there, but I haven't really seen his D and at 6'6 he'll have a tougher time guarding the small PGs but if his D is solid and he can guard the SG, that would help. Also, he looks like he'll need to work on his shooting. In the NBA it will boil down to defense and shooting for Quadir, the best PG and SG in the league are scorers and passers with a few being good defenders as well.

Last edited:
You think so??

I see JJ as a prototype NBA 2g, he's got that size/game already. In the league, scoring will be what he needs to do along with being a good, not great defender at the 2.

I think Quadir has a lot of potential to get there, but I haven't really seen his D and at 6'6 hell have a tougher time guarding the small PGs but if his D is solid and he can guard the SG, that would help. Also, he looks like he'll need to work on his shooting. In the NBA it will boil down to defense and shooting for Quadir, the best PG and SG in the league are scorers and passers with a few being good defenders as well.

Agree with this. I think we can sign both. I also think Justin Taylor is a small forward based on the games I have watched him play.

Agree with this. I think we can sign both. I also think Justin Taylor is a small forward based on the games I have watched him play.

OK, but - we might still have Benny.
And we’ll have Kamari.
And JT.
And maybe somebody else (Bunch?)

There are only so many minutes to go around.

I know y’all are trying to talk yourselves into a scenario where we get BOTH of Quadir & JJ, but also given that JGIII will also (most likely) still be here too -
I’m just not seeing how.

OK, but - we might still have Benny.
And we’ll have Kamari.
And JT.
And maybe somebody else (Bunch?)

There are only so many minutes to go around.

I know y’all are trying to talk yourselves into a scenario where we get BOTH of Quadir & JJ, but also given that JGIII will also (most likely) still be here too -
I’m just not seeing how.

I am not counting on Benny being here 2 years. I’ve seen that movie before.

Based on Lands ability to rebound I think he’s a 3 or 4, Taylor a 2 or 3, JJ a 2, and Copeland a 1.

I agree on JT. I still think he is a 2 but a 2 who can play the 3 in our system while also filling the same role as Buddy but with more tools that help him to be a better fit playing the wing. So thus he isn't being put in a position where he is not filling the role we recruited him for just being given a chance to showcase even more of all his skills.

You are legit having 4 guys who can handle it if he is the 3 and then you land Flip and he plays some 5 and make that 5 guys who can handle it.

I am not counting on Benny being here 2 years. I’ve seen that movie before.

Based on Lands ability to rebound I think he’s a 3 or 4, Taylor a 2 or 3, JJ a 2, and Copeland a 1.
Even if Benny leaves we are in a great spot in 2 years

PG - Copeland
SG - Starling
SF - Taylor
PF - Lands
C - Edwards

That’s a lot of versatility, scoring, and passing

Even if Benny leaves we are in a great spot in 2 years

PG - Copeland
SG - Starling
SF - Taylor
PF - Lands
C - Edwards

That’s a lot of versatility, scoring, and passing
Where does Bunch fit in this scenario?

Give me Copeland, JJ, Taylor, Lands, Flip.

Starting. Fab Five.

Jesse Edwards can be Eric Riley.

*Michael Talley started at Guard and averaged 11 and 3 as a soph. at Michigan the year before the Fab Five showed up. Shrug.

Just a fair warning for you guys. Copeland is very good and most likely coming here. I will say this though, he will have FAR MORE good plays than bad. But he’s one of those players where he will have a play and you are asking yourself “what the hell is he doing out there?” Then the very next play he’ll do something and you’ll be asking yourself “how the hell did he just do that?” That is Quadir Copeland to a tee. That being said he will flourish here and fits our system almost to a tee

Translation: “No No No don’t do it…”! Great shot”! Lol

From what I remember, this epitomizes Scoop Jardine. And would take another Scoop in a heartbeat.

Oooh yeah! That’s hot! :cool:

Love me some Scoop!

He was the ultimate “table” player:
Brought a lot to it.
Took things off of it now and again.

Example: I watched the 2010 Nova game 1st half recently (mega kudos to the poster who put those up!!)
Scoop came in and was a HUGE spark to the team - made some great plays, hit some big shots, and I wanna say had like 13 points off the bench in the first half.

he also had 2 horrible heat-check 3’s that were early in the shot clock, which led to run-outs the other way, and 1-2 bad turnovers.

Dude made stuff happen.
The vast majority of which was good.

JJ is 6 foot 4. Validated.
OK that changes everything. I had him 6'2 tops. If he's 64 or taller than yes he is a great prospect. 6 2 or smaller he's a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom