Class of 2025 - PG Tyler Jackson (MD) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Tyler Jackson (MD) Offered

If the Melo stamp of approval for Kiyan's PG is there, you take it, but I see Jackson's play style being extremely polarizing at the next level. After what Red experienced with a dribble heavy, ball-dominant PG in Judah, I'm slightly concerned in the prospect of Jackson as an ACC PG.

Just my two cents, Acaden Lewis has impressed me far more.

Tyler Jackson EYBL Stats
PTS- 7.3
FG%- 31.4
3P%- 21.4
AST- 2.7
TO- 1.4
REB- 1.9
Yikes, those aren’t great numbers.

I don follow EYBL play closely but I think he led the EYBL in scoring in an earlier session.

I wonder what happened? Was he hurt? I think he changed teams. Maybe they changed his role?

If the Melo stamp of approval for Kiyan's PG is there, you take it, but I see Jackson's play style being extremely polarizing at the next level. After what Red experienced with a dribble heavy, ball-dominant PG in Judah, I'm slightly concerned in the prospect of Jackson as an ACC PG.

Just my two cents, Acaden Lewis has impressed me far more.
Lewis definitely has played better in EYBL.

Yikes, those aren’t great numbers.

I don follow EYBL play closely but I think he led the EYBL in scoring in an earlier session.

I wonder what happened? Was he hurt? I think he changed teams. Maybe they changed his role?
He was in the u16 league last year where he was a top scorer and is now up to the u17 and appears to be struggling with the size and physicality. Hes a small guy and struggles to finish around the rim. I would prefer some of the other point guard options that we are going after but Jackson does have potential. I would be extremely hesitant to hand him the keys from day 1 though, think we would definitely need a portal PG next year if we were to land him as our primary point in this class.

He was in the u16 league last year where he was a top scorer and is now up to the u17 and appears to be struggling with the size and physicality. Hes a small guy and struggles to finish around the rim. I would prefer some of the other point guard options that we are going after but Jackson does have potential. I would be extremely hesitant to hand him the keys from day 1 though, think we would definitely need a portal PG next year if we were to land him as our primary point in this class.
Interesting that the people who make a living scouting high school basketball players have Tyler Jackson as a consensus top40 player, but some fans think he isn't that good...

I hear a certain Hall of Fame basketball player likes his game as well?

FWIW, I also look at those highlights and see a guy whose handle is devastating at times, but also a little loose. It feels like he'll need some time to figure out what he can and can't do against college defenders. He isn't coming in with a dominant handle like God Shammgod. But then again, there's a reason we remember God 30 years later.

I also would like to see him drive and dish instead of always going to the basket, but that's AAU for you.

Last edited:
Unfortunately his struggles haven’t just been in AAU play.

During his last season with OTE he only could carve out 15 minutes a game while averaging 5 ppg on 37% from the field.

Will be due for a drop in the rankings. Probably not a small one either…

Unfortunately his struggles haven’t just been in AAU play.

During his last season with OTE he only could carve out 15 minutes a game while averaging 5 ppg on 37% from the field.

Will be due for a drop in the rankings. Probably not a small one either…
It seems like the staff didn't pursue Jerry Easter that hard, in favor of getting Tyler Jackson. Easter is DC's godson or something like that. Any idea what happened there? Wondering if it was that Melo and Kiyan liked a package of Kiyan/Jackson.

It seems like the staff didn't pursue Jerry Easter that hard, in favor of getting Tyler Jackson. Easter is DC's godson or something like that. Any idea what happened there? Wondering if it was that Melo and Kiyan liked a package of Kiyan/Jackson.
It's a question I would love to know the answer to. Jerry has told me in the past that he wanted to visit SU. Jerry's dad is dear friends with DC. Jerry is good friends with Kiyan, much like Kiyan is good friends with Tyler...Don't get me wrong, I like Tyler, but why would SU back off Jerry? He's a top-25 player and was a top-five scorer in the country's toughest league this past season...Maybe Dasher knows what's up :)

We have three pt guards we really like. We will take I think, the first one that says yes.
Is a Easter in the group?
Last time that happened we got Josh Wright. Not a good outcome for SU.

We have three pt guards we really like. We will take I think, the first one that says yes.
Can you confirm that our top 3 are Tyler Jackson, Acaden Lewis and Nigel James? I know we have also offered Tillery and Easter II.

Mike just wrote an article on SU's top targets for 2025 and the four PGs he included as top targets were Jackson, Lewis, James and Tillery. I am assuming the other guards he mentioned are all considered combo guards.

Can you confirm that our top 3 are Tyler Jackson, Acaden Lewis and Nigel James? I know we have also offered Tillery and Easter II.

Mike just wrote an article on SU's top targets for 2025 and the four PGs he included as top targets were Jackson, Lewis, James and Tillery. I am assuming the other guards he mentioned are all considered combo guards.

I am hoping Tillery instead of James. Tillery
is a bulldog.

Jackson, Lewis, Tillery

I think Mike nailed it.

Here's hoping that we don't see the Josh Wright scenario repeat itself under those circumstances.
the lonely island shut up GIF